The Agenda of ESPN is pathetic

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
DizzG said:
no matter what happens...no matter what is said...they WANT TO to be the bad guy here. Their trying to make their own story..speculating now that he prob doesnt have any friends in Dallas. pathetic

John Clayton is an idiot.

I dont know if he had a reaction or not but I dont see how anyone..in any athletic condition could take 35 pain pills, go the hospital and have their stomach pumped for an overdose, and then appear pefectly fine and in good spirits the next day being able to even practice football

Yet ESPN is trying to push this into TO destroying Dallas.

Crap it just got worse. I tuned in to ESPNRadio and the idiot there Eric Casillias immediately started dogging the hell out of TO. I immediately turned it off. Most of the characters on there are wannabees. DP is the only one with a little credibility. Him I can listen to. The rest can go to hell.

9R H8R in Paradise

jja050575

Reaction score
I swear I hate the media!! Always trying to make a story, no matter what!!!
Let it rest!!

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
Dale said:
It was leaked.

Mickey was on his Talkin' Cowboys show this morning. Said the folks at the Dallas Police Dept. have real loose lips. He said back in the Irvin trial days, all you had to do was walk in to the building and everyone swarmed around telling you what they knew.

One hell of a signature. But JJ has a long way to go before he is in the same company as Catch 22. But it looks great. Job well done.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The sports media is the same as the regular media. Some people can get away with anything and some people are always picked on.

sf49rh8r

Reaction score
jja050575 said:
I swear I hate the media!! Always trying to make a story, no matter what!!!
Let it rest!!

If they would just report the news and not try to spin a story where the truth isn't sexy enough.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
why was the police report made public anyway? Are there no more privacy laws?

Actually, police reports are public records.

Now, depending upon the police department, narrative may or may not be included in the police report. But the reports themselves are public record.

The leak has to do with TIME. Usually, police reports aren't ready to the public/media until 24 to 48 hours - time depends on the efficiency of the unit and its willingness to accommodate the media. But this report was turned around almost immediately.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Don't include Trey Wingo or Sal Paolantonio in there. Wingo in particular was downright excellent at being clear with all of the facts and sides of the story. Paolantonio even commented that the media should just report the facts and not be speculative with this subject.

Bob Ley has been good as well.

Unfortunately, Clayton and Werder have been completely speculative idiots.

YAKUZA

I couldn't help but chuckle this morning.

Moments after this news broke and Ed Werder appeared via telephone on ESPN, all he would talk about his how the Cowboys wouldn't be the same without Owens.

I was sitting there thinking, my gosh, the man may have just tried to kill himself, and all Werder is talking about is how one dimensional the offense will be, especially, as he said, with Glenn also having been hurt.

What a boob.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Actually, police reports are public records.

Now, depending upon the police department, narrative may or may not be included in the police report. But the reports themselves are public record.

The leak has to do with TIME. Usually, police reports aren't ready to the public/media until 24 to 48 hours - time depends on the efficiency of the unit and its willingness to accommodate the media. But this report was turned around almost immediately.

And I believe the report given to the media has all of the narrative blacked out.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
T-New41 said:
I just saw the official police statemnt. You were right, they dont know how the letter got to the media. My goodness.

The Dallas Police may be mighty fine at what they do, but I gotta say, I've never been impressed with how they handle things concerning the Cowboys.

EastDallasCowboy

Reaction score
I dont know if he had a reaction or not but I dont see how anyone..in any athletic condition could take 35 pain pills, go the hospital and have their stomach pumped for an overdose, and then appear pefectly fine and in good spirits the next day being able to even practice football

If you'd just heard the nurse on the Hardline, you would know that:

1) they wouldn't have pumped his stomach at all

and

2) ya, he would be back on the field.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Dale said:
The Dallas Police may be mighty fine at what they do, but I gotta say, I've never been impressed with how they handle things concerning the Cowboys.
They also 'leaked' TG's Jack-In-the-Box affair last year.

Mosley made a great pun about it at the time.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Dale said:

I disagree here.

I bet this stuff goes on all the time when you have a high profile team like the Dallas Cowboys (or Yankees) and you have members of that organization coming into contact with Law Enforcement.

This stuff would happen in any other city and not just Dallas.

People are people and one thing people love to indulge in is gossiping and he said she said...especially when it involves high profile individuals.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Dale said:
And I believe the report given to the media has all of the narrative blacked out.

I didn't know if that was standard policy. But that is what I'm familiar with. At one time when I was covering cops, the narrative was included with the report. However, departments have different policies because from my experience, some departments do black out the narrative.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
I disagree here.

I bet this stuff goes on all the time when you have a high profile team like the Dallas Cowboys (or Yankees) and you have members of that organization coming into contact with Law Enforcement.

This stuff would happen in any other city and not just Dallas.

People are people and one thing people love to indulge in is gossiping and he said she said...especially when it involves high profile individuals.

Doesn't even have to be high profile people. Cop reporters make their living developing sources within the police department who will give them information as long as they're not quoted as official sources.

It's a symbotic relationship, press and cops, even though it can be antagonistic.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Doesn't even have to be high profile people. Cop reporters make their living developing sources within the police department who will give them information as long as they're not quoted as official sources.

It's a symbotic relationship, press and cops, even though it can be antagonistic.

True, im just saying...when it involves an extremely high profile person (where careers can be made if you get the story out first etc etc)...I think most would be surprised if there wasnt a leak.

- Mike G.