The annual DirectTV dance

fweegy

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I just went through my annual dance with Direct TV to try and get the package for free or at least reduced. Instead of calling this year I went through @DIRECTVhelp on Tweeter. I asked that because I was a long time customer and had heard other long timers were getting it for free (Which is true) would it be possible for me to get it too. After a few minutes of dancing back and forth they did in fact give it to me for free, including the red zone also. Give it a shot peeps, you have nothing to lose.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
d_NFLSTMax_02.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I wonder what this is all about. I cancelled DirecTV about 4 years ago. When I cancelled they gave me a big sales pitch but never offered me any deals or discounts to stay. I probably would have quit anyway because I was paying $60 a month for DirecTV which was a requirement to get the Sunday Ticket. The only thing they told me is I could suspend my service at no charge at the end of the season and then activate it again 6 months later. I wanted Sunday Ticket streaming without the DirecTV basic service but they would not allow me to have that unless I could show I could not get their satellite reception. The thing is, the way my house is situated in the North East I could connect to their hi definition signals which originate from satellites below the South West horizon, or did at that time. That was not good enough so I dumped everything.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Hey gang,
I just went through my annual dance with Direct TV to try and get the package for free or at least reduced. Instead of calling this year I went through @DIRECTVhelp on Tweeter. I asked that because I was a long time customer and had heard other long timers were getting it for free (Which is true) would it be possible for me to get it too. After a few minutes of dancing back and forth they did in fact give it to me for free, including the red zone also. Give it a shot peeps, you have nothing to lose.

Last time I tried this was around 2007. Granted I wasn't a long-term customer but I gave it a shot. Rep basically just said, "get bent". So I cancelled.

Started using the internet/streaming variant with a college email a number of years back and haven't looked back.

Big_D

Reaction score
The last dance! I look forward to cancelling Directv on January 8th.