[The Athletic]According to the GMs and execs, Jalen Carter will not be among the top 10 picks

JBS

Reaction score
I would trade 1,2, and 1 next year to get him. I don’t care

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
If Carter walks away from his current legal issues with nothing worse than misdemeanors, he will be a top five pick. Book it.

tm1119

Reaction score
If Carter walks away from his current legal issues with nothing worse than misdemeanors, he will be a top five pick. Book it.
Agreed. Unless there’s more dirt the public isn’t aware of yet I don’t see why he would fall that far. Maybe to the 6/7 range if all 4 QB’s go and a team doesn’t want to take a chance in the top 5, but past 10 seems crazy for what are only misdemeanor charges so far.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles will jump all over it at #10
Their history shows they love themselves DL players. They've used multiple first round picks - Davis, Cox, Graham, Barnett, etc.

They also have spent money in FA on the DL in guys like Hargrave. If Carter slips to ten, don't be surprised if they take Carter, especially since it appears they will likely lose one of Cox or Hargrave. They love DT depth and rotating those guys.

RS12

Reaction score
McShay on KJM just said he still thinks he goes between pick 3 and 12 and considers him best player in the draft.

HanD

Reaction score
I'm hoping that's what the bears think. Trade down to 9 get a haul and still get their guy.