The Athletic Cowboys mock 3-28-24

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Saw this today by Saad Yousuf. One of the better ones I have seen.

Round 1, Pick No. 24 - Tyler Guyton, OT, Oklahoma

Round 2, Pick No. 62 (trade) - Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia

Moving back six spots meant the ability to swap the fifth-round pick with the Baltimore Ravens and gain their third-round pick at No. 93

Round 3, Pick No. 87 - Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin

Round 3, Pick No. 93 (trade) - Jeremiah Trotter Jr., LB, Clemson

Round 6, Pick No. 216 - Mohamed Kamara, edge, Colorado State

Round 7, Pick No. 233 - Jamree Kromah, DT, James Madison

Round 7, Pick No. 244 - Darius Muasau, LB, UCLA

Two starters on the O Line. Allen and Trotter play right away as well.

Kamara is a steal at 216. Love Muasau despite him being undersized; best instincts in this draft besides Payton Wilson. Don’t know much about the James Madison DT.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Kamara would probably be my favorite pick. Guyton and Van Pren would not be the way I would go, but you just hope they turn out to be good players.

RS12

Reaction score
Was it Matt Miller that didnt have Van Pran in his top 5 centers? Fair amount of risk at top of this draft.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Not too shabby.

That said, I don’t see this dumb arse franchise making aggressive moves in the draft.

More likely to trade back so we can “get that 4th back” for Jerry.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Gimme Cooper DeJean at 24. Instead of Guyton. He is a ballhawking corner/safety. Something we still need. Gives ZIMMER a guy like Harrison Smith, a leader on the back end.

tm1119

Reaction score
I still think Guyton has bust written all over him. Everyone gets enamored with the size and athletic ability (he’s not even that athletic, just not oaf) while ignoring he’s really not that good at actually playing football.

TheDank

Reaction score
Not a fan of Guyton in 1 like a lot of others, but also a lot of names I like in that mock. Been a fan of Mo Kamara since watching him live against Colorado. I think he goes closer to the third or fourth than the 6th.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
I still think Guyton has bust written all over him. Everyone gets enamored with the size and athletic ability (he’s not even that athletic, just not oaf) while ignoring he’s really not that good at actually playing football.
This. Some of his metric scores are horrendous. Not a fan.

Sydla

Reaction score
Not a fan of Allen. I think he's a slower, less athletic version of Estime. I'd rather take a flier on one of the smaller school guys. But it's the third round so I could live with it.