The Barbarian Rule...

mbanx

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the page to open but I bet the great Walter Payton is looking down and laughing at this rule and calling the people who invented it a bunch of babies.

Nav22

Reaction score
I was actually a bit relieved after watching the video.

It is only a penalty if the player grabs or twists the defender's facemask... it did NOT mention anything about an open-palm punch to the helmet/facemask while running with the ball, nor does it show any video of Barber for an example of the now-illegal actions.
also check out the new rule created by the giants player in texas stadium..lol
Brandon Jacobs... apparently, heaving a football at the play-clock in celebration will now be a 15 yard penalty.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2190102 said:
I coulda sworn the offensive runner could never pull on the face mask....

I thought it was just ignored on offense.

I remember Emmitt breaking a bone in his hand against the Vikings a while back, hanging on to the guy's face mask while running. Afterward, the guy was complaining to the ref, but no penalty was called.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Man a couple more stuff like this out of the NFl and I wont want to even watch Football anymore. You cant drive the QB to the ground? WHy the hell not? Someone tell why you cannot drive the stupid Qb to the ground because I'm starting to get real pist off right now.

Forget it I'm getting off because that video just got me heated...Best sport in the world getting destroyed by silly rules:mad: :mad: :mad:

Reaction score
DallasDomination;2190335 said:
Man a couple more stuff like this out of the NFl and I wont want to even watch Football anymore. You cant drive the QB to the ground? WHy the hell not? Someone tell why you cannot drive the stupid Qb to the ground because I'm starting to get real pist off right now.

Forget it I'm getting off because that video just got me heated...Best sport in the world getting destroyed by silly rules:mad: :mad: :mad:

1. he's defenseless.
2. he's the star of the show. it's neat when a defensive lineman sacks the QB, but i really don't buy a ticket to see that. i buy a ticket to see meredith to hayes, staubach to pearson and aikman to irvin. i don't get to see that if the QB is sitting on the bench injured.

hardcorebob

Through thick and thin
Reaction score
^^^ This just is the pussification of football as we know it. The QB should be able to be driven into the ground just like the RB, WR, TE, or anyone that has possession of the ball.

Some people come to the game to see defensive plays just as much as you like to watch offensive success. I happen to enjoy both and the game needs to be played like it was originally intended to be.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Oh stop crying. Advance with the times.

As we advance as a society so do things like sports, etc.

Football has been evolving into a more strategical game for years.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboy Bill Watts;2190392 said:
1. he's defenseless.
2. he's the star of the show. it's neat when a defensive lineman sacks the QB, but i really don't buy a ticket to see that. i buy a ticket to see meredith to hayes, staubach to pearson and aikman to irvin. i don't get to see that if the QB is sitting on the bench injured.

I buy a ticket to see D-Ware sack the opposing QB just as much as I buy it to see Romo to Owens. It's all football. The rules to help the offense are going a little too far. Nobody can touch the QB these days and DBs are penalized for incidental contact. Ridiculous.

lkelly

Reaction score
The league LOVES games when Vinny Testeverde squares off against Kurt Warner or when a guy like Matt Moore gets to play the same week as Brad Smith gets to run gimmick option plays. That's what drives sales of NFL Sunday Ticket, record network rights fees, and $120 millon salary caps. Before you know it, $1 billion stadiums are being approved and we have 24/7 coverage on the NFL network in a desperate attempt to find out if Trent Dilfer will truly retire.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
YoMick;2190412 said:
Oh stop crying. Advance with the times.

As we advance as a society so do things like sports, etc.

Football has been evolving into a more strategical game for years.
Advancing with the times is one thing but what they are doing to the NFl is taking it away from it's roots. At the end of the day it's still a game a tough game for that matter.

Now a days you cant touch the QB, the defense cannot even attempt a hand check on the wr's...But wait there's more, now the Rbs can't even stiff arm..Correction they can stiff arm as long as it's a sissy stiff arm. You have to watch how you tackle someone, it cant be to low, it cannot involve your helmet, you cannot throw urself at the ball carrier, you cannot even drive the Qb to the ground on a sack...bro that's called forward motion. You cannot even celebrate when you make a play or show emotion against teh other team. it's called taunting. Football is a game! not a freaking school.

The hell with this new sissyfied NFL!...I hate it. And the only reason why 'm still here and why I will eat my tounge on gameday is because My love for the Cowboys is greater then game itself.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
DallasDomination;2190469 said:
Advancing with the times is one thing but what they are doing to the NFl is taking it away from it's roots. At the end of the day it's still a game a tough game for that matter.

Now a days you cant touch the QB, the defense cannot even attempt a hand check on the wr's...But wait there's more, now the Rbs can't even stiff arm..Correction they can stiff arm as long as it's a sissy stiff arm. You have to watch how you tackle someone, it cant be to low, it cannot involve your helmet, you cannot throw urself at the ball carrier, you cannot even drive the Qb to the ground on a sack...bro that's called forward motion. You cannot even celebrate when you make a play or show emotion against teh other team. it's called taunting. Football is a game! not a freaking school.

The hell with this new sissyfied NFL!...I hate it. And the only reason why 'm still here and why I will eat my tounge on gameday is because My love for the Cowboys is greater then game itself.

Get ready for more.

In the future - no referee's. All calls computerized.... baseball too... its already started instant replay in the NFL and with the K-zone in baseball(also thinking about having instant replay implemented).

I am sorry but "human error" is NOT and should have NEVER been part of the game... any game... any sport.

Personally, I cant wait.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
YoMick;2190514 said:
Get ready for more.

In the future - no referee's. All calls computerized.... baseball too... its already started instant replay in the NFL and with the K-zone in baseball(also thinking about having instant replay implemented).

I am sorry but "human error" is NOT and should have NEVER been part of the game... any game... any sport.

Personally, I cant wait.

That will never happen...

DallasDomination

Reaction score
You guys remember Kiwanuka letting go of Vince young on a sure sack?

He did it because he was a affraid of being penalized. He was called on a roughing the passer the week before so He got scared to continue the tackle.

Just another example of why they are mesing up the nfl..Anyways I'm probably taking this to far and complaining a little to much. So I'll drop this matter for now.