The Best TV Show Intro Songs

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
small wonder was so bad, it was good.

We didn't have as many TV options back in the mid-80s and with no Internet to entertain us we had no choice but to watch a lot of bad shows. We just didn't realize how bad they were at the time.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
We didn't have as many TV options back in the mid-80s and with no Internet to entertain us we had no choice but to watch a lot of bad shows. We just didn't realize how bad they were at the time.

True. But the "imagination" and ability for some creators/producers to make things work. There something to be said for doing more with less.

i never knew that until I saw an adult film version of Joanie loves Chachie.

I heard about it years ago on a show like "whee are they now"? Or "sitcom spinoff's"

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score

I'm with ya... i was a kid in the mid 80's as well.

RonSpringsdaman20

Hold The Door!
Reaction score
Chachi means......... In Korean

eddiemurphy.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I'm with ya... i was a kid in the mid 80's as well.

I wish I would have been a kid back in the mid 80's. When I was a "kid" having cable TV meant you had a grand total of about 8 channels none of which were on 24/7 unless you liked getting up at 3 am and watching a test pattern while listening to a loud tone.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
True. But the "imagination" and ability for some creators/producers to make things work. There something to be said for doing more with less.

Some of the old shows lacked imagination and would insult the intelligence of the viewer. I liked watching the Brady bunch until I saw the episode of Bobby Brady mowing the families astroturf lawn. That show was so ridiculous Mr Brady was an architect but had 6 kids living in 2 bedrooms.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Some of the old shows lacked imagination and would insult the intelligence of the viewer. I liked watching the Brady bunch until I saw the episode of Bobby Brady mowing the families astroturf lawn.

Six million dollar man - innovative to slow the motion even though they were faster, his eye, her hearing. Small stuff that worked.

The hulk - playing up the David more and just getting by on hulk. Still good.

Star Trek - using colors and innovative sets

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Six million dollar man - innovative to slow the motion even though they were faster, his eye, her hearing. Small stuff that worked.

The hulk - playing up the David more and just getting by on hulk. Still good.

Star Trek - using colors and innovative sets

I never watched any of those shows but I did catch a few episodes of The Fall Guy just to see Heather Thomas in a bikini.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When I was growing up we had no adult channels or Playboy TV. To get my jollies I had to sit through episodes of Love American Style and hope to catch a glimpse of Adrienne Barbeau's cleavage during a guest appearance on the Love Boat.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
When I was growing up we had no adult channels or Playboy TV. To get my jollies I had to sit through episodes of Love American Style and hope to catch a glimpse of Adrienne Barbeau's cleavage during a guest appearance on the Love Boat.

Oh so you'll love this

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Some that come to mind:
Married with Children

That 70s show (season 1 intro, not the toned down version)

Orange is the New Black (Regina Spektor tune)