The best we can do in Dec is 2-2.

burmafrd

Reaction score
So once again we will not have a winning record in December.
Now I will admit that these 4 games are tougher then usual- BUT if we were a CHAMPIONSHIP team we would do better.
Wade, Garrett, Romo, the O line, etc. They have all screwed up.
There is no consistency ANYWHERE.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
burmafrd;2517282 said:
Now I will admit that these 4 games are tougher then usual- BUT if we were a CHAMPIONSHIP team we would do better.

The past two championship teams both went 2-2 in the final four games of the regular season. And neither of them were resting their starters when they lost.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh2:
AdamJT13;2517300 said:
The past two championship teams both went 2-2 in the final four games of the regular season. And neither of them were resting their starters when they lost.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2517300 said:

The difficult part is getting that last win and going 2-2.

If Zoners don't want to read a detailed statistical breakdown about the eagles which ends in a prediction that the eagles win, stop reading now....

The eagles are a very formidable opponent. When the eagles lose they usually keep the games real close (L 37-41 (4), L 20-24 (4), L 17-23 (6), L 31-36 (5), L 7-36 (29 - without McNabb), L 3-10 (7)). Excluding the game without Donavan, they lose by an average of 5.2 points. They play their opponents tough until the end.

It gets worse for the cowboys. The eagles play significantly better at home than on the road. While this seems normal for most teams, the eagles should really be highlighted. The eagles are 5-2 at home (3-4-1 on the road). They scored 206 at home (166) and allowed 112 (171). They are a completely different team.

Not only that, the teams the eagles have lost against, are all above 0.500. They haven't stumbled against any losers (*cough* rams). They have lost to the Cowboys (9-6), Bears (8-6), Commanders (8-7 twice), Giants (12-3), Ravens (10-5). That shows that this team plays hard every week, and are not overrated/underrated. They might still lose to teams which are better then them, but one mistake by their opponent and the game can be theirs to win. If you saw the Commanders game, they were less than a yard from tying it. Combine this with the fact that they keep games close, and you have a hot team who might be able to get far into the post season.

The eagles defense has been improving since the beginning of the season. In the past 3 weeks they allowed an average of 9 points a game (14 -> 10 -> 3). While the cowboys offense has been playing tough opponents, right now, eagles defense is one of the tougher the cowboys have seen this year.

I know its early in the week, but here's the prediction from my simulator (56-23 since i started)... Eagles 37 - Cowboys 20. I just don't see how its possible.

I would gladly be wrong though.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rampage;2517286 said:
atleast we were competitive in all 3 games so far.

This is true. The Ravens game sure didn't look like it, but it was.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2517337 said:
blah blah blah I think the Eagles will win blah blah

Did you just watch the Eagles against a largely mediocre Commanders team?

If Andy Reid calls 70% pass and 30% run like he always does, and our defense plays in our base set and doesn't go into goal-line with 1st and 10 from their 20 basically giving away the long run possibility, we'll win handily IF our offense can put some points on the board.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2517300 said:
burmafred gets owned again. How sad.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I am sorry, but at least we know that our team is a completely different animal after a loss to a tough team. Look at Giants game after the Steeler loss, this team played with an attitude that we don't seem to have after an easy win. The NFL is built around parody and simple plays and injuries can affect a teams' season in a millisecond. This Cowboy team knows it messed up, no one is to be blamed, the special teams sucked the whole game, offense in the first half and the D in the second. I believe that a healthy Holland at LG, and some pressure on McNabb, Dallas will be resting their starters in the 4th Quarter.

arglebargle

Reaction score
There was someone here who gathered all the info on Cowboys games through the entire history of the team. According to that, apparantly the Cowboys never played consistently well in December.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2517300 said:

Add the fact that our schedule has been brutal this December versus Decembers past. We don't have the Lions on the schedule right now.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2517300 said:

thanks for the laugh, it is all that cowboy fans have left this season (and next if wade or jason are head coach).

Don Corleone

Reaction score
arglebargle;2517824 said:
There was someone here who gathered all the info on Cowboys games through the entire history of the team. According to that, apparantly the Cowboys never played consistently well in December.

Even during our last Super Bowl run in 1995, we lost to the Eagles and Skins in December.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
joshjwc9;2517815 said:
I am sorry, but at least we know that our team is a completely different animal after a loss to a tough team. Look at Giants game after the Steeler loss, this team played with an attitude that we don't seem to have after an easy win. The NFL is built around parody and simple plays and injuries can affect a teams' season in a millisecond. This Cowboy team knows it messed up, no one is to be blamed, the special teams sucked the whole game, offense in the first half and the D in the second. I believe that a healthy Holland at LG, and some pressure on McNabb, Dallas will be resting their starters in the 4th Quarter.

Finish!!!!!!

burmafrd

Reaction score
Two years out of how many? Show me how many SB winners were 2-2 in December out of 40+ ? Stats are great to make points- but you can make them say whatever you want. Going .500 in december AT BEST is nothing to be proud of.