the biggest play of the game

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DTK;2472015 said:
Did he play bad? YES. But calling the guy a villain is a bit extreme, no?

no.

i'm tired of romo.

romo is not a championship caliber qb.

plain and simple.

he claims that it is a spring day to him and rushes off to the heater thing on the sidelines.

he forces the ball to terrell and noone else.

cause they are buddies or something.

roy waving his hands for an eternity in the endzone and the only reason he saw him was because he was the last option in his mind and he throws it left handed.

what a moron.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Juke99;2472127 said:
Thanks.

13-3...7 minutes to go...good teams close that game out.

It's that simple.

13-3...and that was our 2007 regular season record until...

:bang2: Now THAT'S a CURSED number for us!

DTK

Reaction score
lane;2472138 said:
no.

i'm tired of romo.

romo is not a championship caliber qb.

plain and simple.

he claims that it is a spring day to him and rushes off to the heater thing on the sidelines.

he forces the ball to terrell and noone else.

cause they are buddies or something.

roy waving his hands for an eternity in the endzone and the only reason he saw him was because he was the last option in his mind and he throws it left handed.

what a moron.
Have you ever tried to run to your left and throw across your body with a 300 pound lineman chasing you? When Romo broke the pocket and scrambled is when Roy came open at which time it was too late.

I will agree that he tries too hard to pacify Owens by forcing the ball to him.

But answer this question: Where is this team without Romo? I'd say 5-11. Do you remember those days?

Boysboy

Reaction score
DTK;2472153 said:
Have you ever tried to run to your left and throw across your body with a 300 pound lineman chasing you? When Romo broke the pocket and scrambled is when Roy came open at which time it was too late.

But answer this question: Where is this team without Romo? I'd say 5-11. Do you remember those days?

I think he forces it to Witten more than anyone else. As for Owens, the DBs were giving him cushions all day, but Garrett didn't take advantage of it.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
DTK;2472153 said:

roy was open so long on that play he was waving like a child in a parade.

where would we be without romo?

right where we are.

on the outside looking in.

tony romo is a joke.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
DTK;2471629 said:
At the time of Newman's miscue, the Steelers offense was reeling. We had all the momentum. After that play, their offense had all the momentum.

The punt was simple bad luck. Just like the bounce that Holmes got on the punt he returned to the 25.

It looked like Newman got caught peeking into the backfield on that play. That shouldn't have happened. Newman hasn't been and isn't a peeker. Champ Bailey is a peeker, and I've seen him get beat even worse. On third down and 16, with a guy as fast as Holmes, you run with him. He should get your full attention. Newman will learn from this. Other than that one play, he played very well. He took Holmes all day long.

Nevertheless, the Steelers didn't even score on that drive. The defense picked Newman up and had a goalline stand. Newman had one bad play. He almost recovered, but the ball ended up perfect.

The goalline stand should have ended that game but not with the Cowboys special teams and turn over machine.

I will have to say that I was disappointed with Wade Phillips kind of throwing Newman under the bus on that play.

No person on the defense deserved to be tossed under the bus. Go toss the special teams and offense if you are going to do that kind of stuff.

DTK

Reaction score
lane;2472178 said:
roy was open so long on that play he was waving like a child in a parade.

where would we be without romo?

right where we are.

on the outside looking in.

tony romo is a joke.
You do realize if the playoffs started today that we are the 6th seed and that we control our own destiny.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DTK;2472191 said:
You do realize if the playoffs started today that we are the 6th seed and that we control our own destiny.

Giants-their performance today was nothing but an anomaly against a very desperate Eagles team. Don't think for a minute the Eagles showed a blueprint on beating them.

Ravens-D is similar in style to Pitt's. If we couldn't attack Pitt's D very well, I can't see how we'll fare better against the Ravens' D. And besides, the Ravens DBs play press coverage very, very well.

@Eagles-they seem to be on a roll now. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but they're playing like their usual Dec lights outs selves, and we're not.

DTK

Reaction score
Boysboy;2472227 said:
Giants-their performance today was nothing but an anomaly against a very desperate Eagles team. Don't think for a minute the Eagles showed a blueprint on beating them.

Ravens-D is similar in style to Pitt's. If we couldn't attack Pitt's D very well, I can't see how we'll fare better against the Ravens' D. And besides, the Ravens DBs play press coverage very, very well.

@Eagles-they seem to be on a roll now. I don't think they'll make the playoffs, but they're playing like their usual Dec lights outs selves, and we're not.
Oh I agree, all 3 will be challenges for our offense, especially Romo. But as of now, we do control our own destiny. I think we win 2 of those games though. I think we beat the Giants and the Ravens. The Eagles game could determine the final wild card spot.