The blame Dak mega Merge thread

JJHLH1

Reaction score
The NFL is all about the QB, which is why we are one and done.

And 14 penalties of course.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dak before calf injury was playing at an MVP level. After the calf injury he clearly wasn’t the same. Not sure what happened. Was hoping we’d hear there’s some undisclosed injury like with Zekes PCL

He just started playing like he has always played again.

The first 7 games was not him and it’s never been him outside of those 7 games.

Dak went back to playing like Dak.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Imagine Josh Allen or Burrows on this team, oh well. This team needs #1 a huge overhaul on the ol, get a new ol coach too please.
They would fail here too. It's not the QB that is the problem here.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
You know it really is sad and embarrassing seeing people just go to the mat with excuses for a player that most see for what he really is. I don't know if it's an obsession or just delusion.

Dak was absolutely terrible today. The reasons are known and have been well documented in this thread. With that said, the team in general was bad but one constant fact remains. Dak makes $40 damn dollars a year now. It begins and ends with him on the field. This is his show. This is what you wanted and you got it.

Enough with the excuses. Enough with the what if's. All that should matter are results. Isn't that the standard that the last guy was held to? Isn't that the standard that every player at this position on this team gets held to?

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
There were alot of very good AND elite quarterbacks who didn't make it to the Superbowl in their first 5 or 6 years.

Kaepernick wasn't elite, but he still led his team to the Superbowl. Jim Kelly and Dan Marino WERE elite, and haven't won a single Superbowl.

You don't have to be elite to win in this league.
No you don’t, but when the QB tie’s up a large portion of the cap it affects the players you can support em with.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"......"I need to get better, and I will get better"

---Dink Pratfall

He said it THREE times postgame as predicted hours ago!!!

I mean what else should he say......

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or will Dak become Brees with a better OC?

Today, I have no faith in either.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Cmon buddy, lets talk real football here. The Oline was flat out terrible. And on a day when 90% of the fan base was hoping we would see lots of pollard he only got like 4 touches.

Its honestly not the pressure as much as the penalties. When have you EVER seen these type of penalties from an Oline. Its a comedy show.

What QB is going to thrive under those conditions? Our of all the bad games by the Oline in the 2nd half of the year, that was the worst one.

You Remember Flozell the Hotel Adams and all his false starts? Its not like this is the first time we've seen the Cowboys as number 1 for penalties. Everyone was glad to see Flozell Leave and under a team that wasn't a cultural mess like the cowboys he found success. Again, I don't remember the offensive line being allowed to excuse for Romo mistakes.

cowboyec

Reaction score
too many times...we come up short.
coaches change...but its the same players who continue to come up short...my hero included.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
He does not see the field. he just doesn't. I'm a firm believer in this league they make adjustments and its up to you to adjust back. Dak has not. It is a qb driven league. He plays scared. Ever since denver. The league knows it.

the only saving grace is when his deal is up you'd have to pay parsons and diggs ect at that point. Not sooner thankfully. Unless Jerry wants to go for elite coaching (bellicheck type) then maybe dak can win. But he cannot overcome mistakes and ineptitude. He isn't that good.

Seriously if a qb fell in this years draft with potential I would be serious about taking one. You cannot simply bring dak back and "hope" things will get better. We've been here before.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Lol
KM is average just like Dak
They’re both holding each other back

KM is really smart. I think the problem is he is trying to play to the level of Dak's ability which is limiting what they can do with the playbook.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You Remember Flozell the Hotel Adams and all his false starts? Its not like this is the first time we've seen the Cowboys as number 1 for penalties. Everyone was glad to see Flozell Leave and under a team that wasn't a cultural mess like the cowboys he found success. Again, I don't remember the offensive line being allowed to excuse for Romo mistakes.

Bad memory I guess. Romo was running for his life half the time. Had no run game the other half. And if it wasnt that it was the defense giving up an easy TD right after he scored.