The Boys' are back

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I'm happy we won guys but come on, lets not get too carried away here...they were missing Springs and Portis, if we didnt have Newman and JuJo on the field and the Skins were totally healthy things might have been alot different

we played ok, but the offense still isnt anywhere near where it needs to be and the defense, while good today was mediocre last week against a poor offense team

David

jesusphreak

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I'm happy we won guys but come on, lets not get too carried away here...they were missing Springs and Portis, if we didnt have Newman and JuJo on the field and the Skins were totally healthy things might have been alot different

we played ok, but the offense still isnt anywhere near where it needs to be and the defense, while good today was mediocre last week against a poor offense team

David

Again, we had 2 or 3 bad series in the middle of the game on offense, but other than that we moved the ball very well. 27 points on the Commanders D (which is pretty solid) is something to be proud of.

jrumann59

Reaction score
kØwbØy said:
In reality , SKins looked bad on both sides of the ball. Dallas looked very good on Defense, and Offense was SLOPPY.

The drops were sloppy I thought Bledsoe played very SAFE he didn't try to force it too much or hold on to it too long like last week.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
skinsngibbs4life said:
maybe if you read on you would see that I did actually give props to your D, but thats to hard to do right?

anyway, maybe you should check with a lot of the other people on this board that think that even though you all won big, you didnt play all that great. Its not just me looking through skewed glasses here pal, so know need for hte personal attacks

i didnt say we didnt have mistakes. but we were by miles and miles the better team tonite

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Hey we played a pretty good game tonight....D was great. We have to get better if we want to be playing in December and January.

The O still making to many mistakes. We must stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

Great win.......but there is always room for improvement.

jrumann59

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:

David

I am sorry but the Commanders are without one guy on Defense and 1 guy on offense, while both may be excellent players. Portis can't block for himself, Springs can't cover his guy and Rogers' guy too. When Springs gets back Rogers will be picked on worst than K. Smith after achilles Surgery. When portis gets back teams will be putting more in the box daring the skins to throw it, Brunell has to get his whole body into 25yd out to get it there sowmehat quickly. If the skins lose in Houston I think the Campbell Era will begin officially.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
yeah, we made mistakes, mostly dropped passes and dumb penalties.. This stuff is easily correctable. Dallas dominated tonight.

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
i didnt say we didnt have mistakes. but we were by miles and miles the better team tonite

and I think every skins fan in America would probably agree with you there. Im just trying to say that your offense, even though it did moved the ball, still has a lot of improving to do. And that a lot of people would agree with that

skinsngibbs4life

Reaction score
jrumann59 said:
I am sorry but the Commanders are without one guy on Defense and 1 guy on offense, while both may be excellent players. Portis can't block for himself, Springs can't cover his guy and Rogers' guy too. When Springs gets back Rogers will be picked on worst than K. Smith after achilles Surgery. When portis gets back teams will be putting more in the box daring the skins to throw it, Brunell has to get his whole body into 25yd out to get it there sowmehat quickly. If the skins lose in Houston I think the Campbell Era will begin officially.

its not so much that springs is that good of a shutdown corner, and can control the entire field, its the fact that with him in the lineup, it completly changes the gameplan of our defense.

NickZepp

Reaction score
When is the last time we beat a team this badly? Philly last year off the top of my head. I'm sure we beat others easily last year also. I can't think of any off the top of my head. The Philly game was over by halftime.

We didn't play as well as we can. But we did the job. The defense played about as good as you can. The offense was off a bit on execution. But still scored 27 and had over 300 yards. I'm happy with the game. Any convincing win is good.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
It's hard to say the Commanders cost themselves anything when the Cowboys also had 8-plus penalties and about 8 dropped passes.

To me, this game was very reminiscent of last week's with three exceptions:

1) We got the win.
2) Our defense dominated throughout.
3) We faced a far worse team.

The thing that encourages me is that once again, our guys were in position to dominate this game throughout. The players created separation. The quarterback made the throws. The runners found the holes. But penalties and drops soured what was otherwise a dominant effort.

If this team can ever cut out the mental mistakes, we've shown the ability for two straight weeks to be in the right spot to make the right plays.