The Break - TS & "Vocal Fry"

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
I listen to THE BREAK and TALKIN' COWBOYS everyday -- and have for years. BUT...

THE BREAK is damn near un-listenable due to Ms. Stern, her trying to sound "football educated," and - ESPECIALLY -- her vocal fry! I love Nick, Broaddus, and Dereck, but I don't know why they feel she needs to be on this show. I'm sure she's very good at her job with DC social media, but get her and vocal fry off this show!

BigD16

Reaction score
I listen to THE BREAK and TALKIN' COWBOYS everyday -- and have for years. BUT...

THE BREAK is damn near un-listenable due to Ms. Stern, her trying to sound "football educated," and - ESPECIALLY -- her vocal fry! I love Nick, Broaddus, and Dereck, but I don't know why they feel she needs to be on this show. I'm sure she's very good at her job with DC social media, but get her and vocal fry off this show!
Omg thank you for making this thread. I've been considering it just to vent. Not even Dia Wall was this bad when she used to be on the show.

I've always listened to the show religiously every weekday (and at least a couple of times a week during certain points in the offseason). This is the first year where I don't listen to it more than once a week and I often cut it short. I don't need to keep listening to Taylor Stern regurgitating Bryan's analysis and all her cliches.

The show is unwatchable with her on it and we're not the only two people who feel this way.

BigD16

Reaction score
It's also really hypocritical how the crew blast all of the caller's points and opinions, but yet don't put Taylor stern on blast for some stupid things that she says. They'll just correct her and move on.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
Omg thank you for making this thread. I've been considering it just to vent. Not even Dia Wall was this bad when she used to be on the show.

I've always listened to the show religiously every weekday (and at least a couple of times a week during certain points in the offseason). This is the first year where I don't listen to it more than once a week and I often cut it short. I don't need to keep listening to Taylor Stern regurgitating Bryan's analysis and all her cliches.

The show is unwatchable with her on it and we're not the only two people who feel this way.

You're right regarding her "analysis" being nothing more than parroting Broaddus! SMH