The Bucs are said to be shopping veteran DE Simeon Rice

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Bucs are said to be shopping veteran DE Simeon Rice, and there is speculation they may have a willing trade partner within the state. Jacksonville officials have reportedly received a trade offer from the Bucs but the Jaguars have yet to tell the Bucs what, if anything, they'd be willing to give up for Rice. Rice's agent, Tom Condon, said Thursday he had not heard any trade talk involving Rice but wasn't surprised to hear that rumors of a deal were flying.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBQM5022KE.html

Hiero

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Bucs are said to be shopping veteran DE Simeon Rice, and there is speculation they may have a willing trade partner within the state. Jacksonville officials have reportedly received a trade offer from the Bucs but the Jaguars have yet to tell the Bucs what, if anything, they'd be willing to give up for Rice. Rice's agent, Tom Condon, said Thursday he had not heard any trade talk involving Rice but wasn't surprised to hear that rumors of a deal were flying.

http://www.tbo.com/sports/bucs/MGBQM5022KE.html
well he is due like 12 million this year and with all the uncertainty im sure they'd love to dump him onto someone else. Doesnt fit in the 3-4 though.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
InmanRoshi said:
Has Coakley averaged 14 sacks a season for the past 4 years?
I meant that he is alwasy on the trading block.

You did know that is what I was talking about.....right?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
:lmao:
big dog cowboy said:
He is the equal of Dextor Coakley.
:lmao: :laugh1: :starspin :laugh1: :laugh2: TRUE!!!!!

A small D-End that's going to get demolished in the 3-4 defense...

ghst187

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
He is the equal of Dextor Coakley.

except Rice is a heck of better player than Dexter.
Rice probably still has 2-3 more seasons of "very goodness" before he starts tanking. Not really a fit here, but I think the Bucs are silly trade him unless its a coup or Rice's contract is cap restricting.

Eskimo

Reaction score
If you're bringing in a guy like Rice it is only to rush the passer as a 4-3 DE which means he would be limited to the nickel here. It is probably just too pricey for $8M/year salary. I know he played some LB in college but that was a long time ago and I doubt he has any interest in dropping back in coverage on a regular basis.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Eskimo said:
If you're bringing in a guy like Rice it is only to rush the passer as a 4-3 DE which means he would be limited to the nickel here. It is probably just too pricey for $8M/year salary. I know he played some LB in college but that was a long time ago and I doubt he has any interest in dropping back in coverage on a regular basis.

sounds like it would be a great fit in jacksonville next to stroud and henderson...and dat dude. if the jags can get him for a 3rd or less i think they should pull the trigger

Reaction score
Ugh......please let's get younger not older! Rice is too damn small for a 3-4 and he ain't much in stopping the run.........he is a speed rusher period!