The Calm Before the Storm

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
The only things I look out for are blown assignments, poor technique, penalties, and tackling. Even still, that doesn't mean a whole lot...but if you can excel at those in preseason it's a decent sign that the team is well coached and learning well.

exactly right...there are SOME things to look for. but the scoreboard isn't neccessarily one of them.

although, it is nice to develop a winning attitude early on, it's not essential.

i agree about the 3rd pre-season game too....that is the game you wanna see productivity.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
ringmaster said:
Everybody knows that the first preseason game is this Saturday, so if we lose this game which it won't really matter watch how many fans "throw in the towel" saying how the Cowboys, going to suck this year.

Fans, who are expecting to see an explosion from the Boys, won't see it because they won't show much of anything during the preseason as some fans know.

If the O-line give up three sacks to the Seahawks, then we're doomed if the D-line can't get a good pass rush then we're doomed if the defense give up a big run or two then we're doomed just watch how these type of fans react to these preseason games.

The countdown starts Saturday, win, or lose.

Is this your idea of a stupid pre-emptive strike? Please don't tell me or anyone else how to react to a game. If a player does well, they'll be praised. If not, they'll be criticized. Were you preaching restaint when Ware had a big pre-season game in Seattle last year? I doubt it.

ringmaster

Reaction score
braw said:
BP plays to the strength of his team, trying not to expose the teams weakness. Just like when Ware was beating everyone last TC, BP said that once someone knows his weakness he would be handled by Adams.
Good thinking here remember how most of those same fans annoited Ware, as the next Charles Haley, but once the reg. season started DeMarcus, had his hits and misses as regarding to sacks but he fizzled for a couple of games they stabbed him right in the back when they saw Merriman, get 10 sacks, in a LB heavy San Diego 3-4, and made the Pro Bowl, and it wasn't until week 16 when Ware, started to really come into his own when he sacked Jake Delhomme 3 times and sacked Rams QB, Jamie Martin once to come to the total of 8 sacks.

Even then it wasn't enough for those fans they were still whinning over how we didn't draft Merriman.

If the Cowboys, would've drafted Merriman, and San Diego, took Ware you can bet your bottom dollar Ware, would've been in the Pro Bowl and those same fans would've been crying about the Cowboys, not drafting Ware guaranteed.

Ware, led all rookie LBs, in QB pressures with 19 had Ware, led his play took over and not thinking too much he would've easily blew Merriman, out of the water in the sack dept he could've easily had more than 8 sacks.

ringmaster

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Is this your idea of a stupid pre-emptive strike? Please don't tell me or anyone else how to react to a game. If a player does well, they'll be praised. If not, they'll be criticized. Were you preaching restaint when Ware had a big pre-season game in Seattle last year? I doubt it.
I don't have time for your negative insight grandpa.

Actually I didn't and I for one knew Ware, would struggle in the reg. season doesn't all rookies.

You're a minority buddy and once you blow a gasket after this weekend's game then I will put you on the ignore.

BTW, your sig tells it all grumpy.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I don't have time for your negative insight grandpa.

I'd put you over my knee, but that would no doubt turn you on.

Actually I didn't and I for one knew Ware, would struggle in the reg. season doesn't all rookies.

Suuuuure you did.

You're a minority buddy and once you blow a gasket after this weekend's game then I will put you on the ignore.

No need to watch the game, folks. Ringmaster-baiter has pronounced that "all is well" is Cowboy Land no matter the outcome. And don't you dare utter a discouraging word!

BTW, your sig tells it all grumpy.

You're right. I should substitute a bouquet of flowers and change my handle to something more positive and uplifting, like say "Hostile."

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
ringmaster said:
That one is funny isn't it.

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, it was funny you a-hole

disregard the last word of the last sentence if you weren't being sarcastic. hahah

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Keep it nice gentlemen or I'll show you how grumpy this grandpa can be. ;)

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
3rd and 50, anyone?

Best quote after that game came from Chuck Fairbanks on whether he had ever seen a team go 3rd and 50 before.

"Once"

"Tonight."

Rich........

ringmaster

Reaction score
bbgun said:
I'd put you over my knee, but that would no doubt turn you on.

Suuuuure you did.

No need to watch the game, folks. Ringmaster-baiter has pronounced that "all is well" is Cowboy Land no matter the outcome. And don't you dare utter a discouraging word!

You're right. I should substitute a bouquet of flowers and change my handle to something more positive and uplifting, like say "Hostile."
I guess you'll like that wouldn't you sick freak.

ringmaster

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, it was funny you a-hole

disregard the last word of the last sentence if you weren't being sarcastic. hahah
No I wasn't being sarcastic I meant every word of it.

ringmaster

Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Keep it nice gentlemen or I'll show you how grumpy this grandpa can be. ;)
It was a healthy thread until "Cap Gun" messed it up.

He's the one being disrespectful he's having these sick twisted fantasies about putting me over his knee and doing God knows what.

Straighten him out please Sir.