The Campo factor!

nc1054

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1369177 said:
Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer. Money talks. Bold new direction.

:bang2: :ralph: :hammer: :horse:

burmafrd

Reaction score
the originator and one of the other posters on this thread are great examples of whats wrong with the fan base. You know, the 5% or so that drag their knuckles and eat their boogers. Plus the other 5% that think because they have a college degree that they are intelligent.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
burmafrd;1369659 said:
the originator and one of the other posters on this thread are great examples of whats wrong with the fan base. You know, the 5% or so that drag their knuckles and eat their boogers. Plus the other 5% that think because they have a college degree that they are intelligent.

You've just made an incredibly intelligent, mature, and thoughtful post.

I also take it that you never attended college, or that if you did, you never finished your studies.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1369843 said:
Ok, who available has won anything?

The biggest name that I can think if, would be Dan Reeves.

You have to look at Super Bowl winning [or National Championship] coaches.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Phillips should have never been fired in Buffalo. If not for the music city miracle it would have been his team in the Superbowl against the rams and not the Titans.

He wouldnt fire his coach over a bad call on a lateral so they canned him.

He screwed up in Denver he says he knows what he did wrong concerning the defense getting away from him and fixed it.

i mean heavan forbid we get a guy that will get us 10 or so wins a year and a shot in the playoffs.

There are very few guys in the league period that meet the criterai that some of you have. You want a coach that wins but who also wins in the playoffs. that list is short.

Belichek, Shanahan, Dungy, Holmgren, Reid, Cowher and Fisher are about it and none of those guys were available.

AtlCB

Reaction score
eduncan22;1369858 said:

When did Dan Reeves win a Super Bowl? Spurrier is still available if you want a National Championship coach. :lmao2:

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
eduncan22;1369858 said:

Reeves, what has he ever won as a head coach?

As for college boys, um they all said they wanted to stay in college.

adamknite

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1369873 said:
Phillips should have never been fired in Buffalo. If not for the music city miracle it would have been his team in the Superbowl against the rams and not the Titans.

He screwed up in Denver he says he knows what he did wrong concerning the defense getting away from him and fixed it.

i mean heavan forbid we get a guy that will get us 10 or so wins a year and a shot in the playoffs.

There are very few guys in the league period that meet the criterai that some of you have. You want a coach that wins but who also wins in the playoffs. that list is short.

Belichek, Shanahan, Dungy, Holmgren, Reid, Cowher and Fisher are about it and none of those guys were available.

actually he was fired the year after the music city miracle, he fired DeHaven and then hired a friend of his, when the Bills had a terrible ST the owner told Phillips to fire him and Phillips refused.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
adamknite;1369940 said:
actually he was fired the year after the music city miracle, he fired DeHaven and then hired a friend of his, when the Bills had a terrible ST the owner told Phillips to fire him and Phillips refused.

ahh i see wrong name then.

eduncan22

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1369873 said:

So Jerry hires a lifetime DC, who has coached a few years, but never won anything with his name on it.

I think we already tried that route.

We hired David Campo in 2000.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
eduncan22;1369953 said:
So Jerry hires a lifetime DC, who has coached a few years, but never won anything with his name on it.

I think we already tried that route.

We hired David Campo in 2000.

Campo doesnt have a winning record as a HC in this league with over 50 games played. Nice try though.

He has had what ONE losing season as a head coach?

Like i said he hasnt won any playoff games is the only thing you have and name me one coach other than Reeves who hasnt coached in 4 years who has a winning record and has won playoff games. Or any coach that has won playoff games for that matter.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
FuzzyLumpkins;1369990 said:
Campo doesnt have a winning record as a HC in this league with over 50 games played. Nice try though.

He has had what ONE losing season as a head coach?

Yea this guy is reaching.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Just gotta decide if he is one with the boogers or the so called educated one.

By the way- just to try and educate the booger eater- proud graduate of the University of Iowa, 1981. Been kind of working on a masters, but just cannot get real motivated. I have seen too many people with Phd after their names that I would not hire to run an elevator for me; so it just does not seem that important.

Angus

Reaction score
philo beddoe;1369177 said:
Pete Carroll, Bobby Petrino, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer. Money talks. Bold new direction.

Looks like you're all form, no substance. :D

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
There are certain posters who have the ability to make an option appear more desirable simply by disagreeing with it. Not naming any names.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
theogt;1370401 said:
There are certain posters who have the ability to make an option appear more desirable simply by disagreeing with it. Not naming any names.

you aren't kidding