The Carton Show: Dak Prescott and Mike McCarthy will be out of Dallas

fivetwos

Reaction score
Deion Sanders is too much of a wildcard as head coach for Jones to accept. Drafting his son is another matter though.
Mike Zimmer is basically the next head coach, so this is as moot as it gets, but I see Jerry being able to co-exist with Sanders as HC well before he could with Belichick.

jgboys1

Reaction score
When free agency started and they did not extend Dak, this is the first thing that came to mind.

I took Jerry’s comment as all in as, this is pretty much the team he will be going into the 2024 season with and it’s a swim or sink type of scenario. I would be surprised if they win one playoff game next season and I don’t think that will be good enough to save Dak or McCarthy. So I am going to say that 2024 is Dak’s and McCarthy’s last season with the Cowboys.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mike Zimmer is basically the next head coach, so this is as moot as it gets, but I see Jerry being able to co-exist with Sanders as HC well before he could with Belichick.
ha. Bill Belichick would bring a football management structure that would irk Mr. Micromanage as a head coach but Belichick would not say very much publicly about how he was managing the team. He perfected that style of communication in New England.

On the other hand, no one shuts up Deion Sanders. No one. Any roster or gameplan disagreement both Jones and Sanders might run into would be aired for public consumption. Sure. Sanders would phrase things in a way that could be laughed off but the meaning behind his words would be crystal clear. Plus, Sanders would hog as much spotlight upon himself as humanly possible.

This thread is another reason why I enjoy the speculation. I have been observing Jones for decades. I cannot WAIT to see who he eventually replaces McCarthy with. Trust me. I have been wrong before and could be wrong yet again. However, the hiring judgment of an individual, who ignored Jason Garrett's resume and installed him as head coach at his earliest opportunity, is extremely questionable. Same guy gave Dave Campo three years. Same guy gave Chan Gailey, the coach more qualified than both of them, two years.

Yeah. I cannot wait.

fivetwos

Reaction score
ha. Bill Belichick would bring a football management structure that would irk Mr. Micromanage as a head coach but Belichick would not say very much publicly about how he was managing the team. He perfected that style of communication in New England.

On the other hand, no one shuts up Deion Sanders. No one. Any roster or gameplan disagreement both Jones and Sanders might run into would be aired for public consumption. Sure. Sanders would phrase things in a way that could be laughed off but the meaning behind his words would be crystal clear. Plus, Sanders would hog as much spotlight upon himself as humanly possible.

This thread is another reason why I enjoy the speculation. I have been observing Jones for decades. I cannot WAIT to see who he eventually replaces McCarthy with. Trust me. I have been wrong before and could be wrong yet again. However, the hiring judgment of an individual, who ignored Jason Garrett's resume and installed him as head coach at his earliest opportunity, is extremely questionable. Same guy gave Dave Campo three years. Same guy gave Chan Gailey, the coach more qualified than both of them, two years.

Yeah. I cannot wait.
I don’t see how the replacement is anyone other than Zimmer. For me the question is if it happens during the season or after it.

McCarthy has to reach heights this roster isn’t capable of in order to be extended. Was that done purposely? Who actually knows what these incapable, unqualified morons have in mind.

For me it feels like exactly what it is and has been….some mish mosh of several opinions that add up to make zero sense.

Zimmer isn’t capable of much more than McCarthy is, but Jerry will be ‘comfortable,’ so all is well.

My hope is that we at some point under Stephen hire an actually qualified GM, who selects the next McVay/McDermott type as HC. At least give it a try.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t see how the replacement is anyone other than Zimmer. For me the question is if it happens during the season or after it.

McCarthy has to reach heights this roster isn’t capable of in order to be extended. Was that done purposely? Who actually knows what these incapable, unqualified morons have in mind.

For me it feels like exactly what it is and has been….some mish mosh of several opinions that add up to make zero sense.

Zimmer isn’t capable of much more than McCarthy is, but Jerry will be ‘comfortable,’ so all is well.

My hope is that we at some point under Stephen hire an actually qualified GM, who selects the next McVay/McDermott type as HC. At least give it a try.
I agree almost 100%. Jones has been done an in-depth head coaching search. The list of serious candidates (for him) have been brief or shorter. Mike Zimmer and he have history, so I see him having the inside track for the job as well.

Stephen Jones? Not sure if he will be any different in head coach hiring methodology. Every time I have the slight belief he might think differently than his father, he does something idiotic--like fielding questions about an NFL team at a rodeo press conference. And joking about it.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
After the embarrassment against GB McCarthy should have been fired. He may not make it through the 2024 season if things start going wrong.
Then Al Harris takes over and fans still complain

plasticman

Reaction score
Wanna increase your market share, media likes, etc?

Simple. Just say something negative about the Cowboys.

Sandyf

Reaction score
Just the media trying for clicks. Could it be true, yes it could but not a single person knows what is going to happen. What if Dak extends for 4 years before the season starts then sure McCarthy could be gone but Dak won't be. A zillion possibilities all for the media to get clicks.

It is just starting another Dak thread. Ridiculous.

Jayinem

Reaction score
I hope it's true but I give that show no credibility, same source said Jerry was selling the team and Dak was going to get traded to the Raiders.