The case against and for the Cowboys winning the East

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The case for the Cowboys winning the East is Dak who’s the best QB in the division and the case against them winning the East is the team around him and the coaching. Winning the East isn’t the biggest concern it’s advancing in the playoffs. Fans are tired of seeing the team win the division only to come up short in the playoffs time and time again.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If jalen hurts can put it together the eagles are a better team. I think our team took a step back in terms of talent and i dont see many rookies contributing this year

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If jalen hurts can put it together the eagles are a better team. I think our team took a step back in terms of talent and i dont see many rookies contributing this year

If Hurts can put it together that would clearly make them a better team. AJ Brown has provided him with a weapon. If Hurts makes any progress this upcoming season we’re going to have our hands full.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
If Hurts can put it together that would clearly make them a better team. If he makes any progress this upcoming season we’re going to have our hands full.
Yup i think the only part of our team that outclassed them besides qb is lber and secondary

RS12

Reaction score
Case for: Division is still weak and somebody has to win it. Though I do expect one or two teams, Egirls and maybe Gnats to be somewhat better.

Case against: This team takes a step back. I believe the defense will be around the same as least year, maybe a little better. On offense I doubt the line jells quickly if at all. The WR core is certainly worse than last year. Cooper is gone, I d be shocked if Gallup showed up before midseason, Cee Dee regressed last year. The rest of the WR is new or unknown. The QB isnt good enough unless everything is perfect and with this coaching staff and FO it will never be perfect enough. If 8 to 9 wins can win the division then maybe.

Please no blind homer responses, you know that wont get you anywhere.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Case for: Division is still weak and somebody has to win it. Though I do expect one or two teams, Egirls and maybe Gnats to be somewhat better.

Case against: This team takes a step back. I believe the defense will be around the same as least year, maybe a little better. On offense I doubt the line jells quickly if at all. The WR core is certainly worse than last year. Cooper is gone, I d be shocked if Gallup showed up before midseason, Cee Dee regressed last year. The rest of the WR is new or unknown. The QB isnt good enough unless everything is perfect and with this coaching staff and FO it will never be perfect enough. If 8 to 9 wins can win the division then maybe.

Please no blind homer responses, you know that wont get you anywhere.
Ppl gotta understand we did not have a good defense last year. It was either we got a turnover or the other team drove down the field for points. They could not get off the field.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Ppl gotta understand we did not have a good defense last year. It was either we got a turnover or the other team drove down the field for points. They could not get off the field.

Or we got a well-timed sack, usually from rookie phenom Micah Parsons.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yup i think the only part of our team that outclassed them besides qb is lber and secondary

Of the QBs we face in our division Hurts has the most playmaking ability and upside. He’s mobile and mobile QBs can give the Cowboys problems. This is going to be a make or break season for Hurts. If he doesn’t get it done Philly will be looking for a new QB next year.

quickccc

Reaction score
None of these NFC East QBs scare me...

- Wentz is gun-shy and fragile both physically and mentally
- Hurts seems like more a gimmick QB, make him pass to beat you and he's struggles
- Daniel is just not dependable, he's very streaky and can be turnover oriented.

i think they have to have defense and run game and exceptional coaching to have the best chance over Cowboys

While Cowboys ourselves cannot have OC, turnovers..,OL, no run game ... slump games ,,and mismanaging coach issues.
We still have to play non- divisional games vs competitiive non- divisional teams.

Flamma

Reaction score

The biggest problem with Philly might be next year. They'll have the draft capital to move up anywhere they want. Assuming they are somewhere in the middle of the draft. If they do worse, it will be all the easier.

We can only hope that a QB needy team won't make the trade, or who they pick is a bust.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If Hurts can put it together that would clearly make them a better team. AJ Brown has provided him with a weapon. If Hurts makes any progress this upcoming season we’re going to have our hands full.
So you believe our defense will be worse too?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So you believe our defense will be worse too?

The defense is going to have to get better than what we saw last season because it obviously wasn’t good enough. After what I saw against San Francisco in the playoffs I don’t have confidence in either side of the ball right now, especially with the players we’ve lost. If it wasn’t for all the takeaways we got we wouldn’t have gotten some offenses off the field. We couldn’t beat playoff teams and the defense played a part. Our defense didn’t get it done at all in the playoffs. We’re going to have to be better defensively because our offense may not be as good. Our OL and WR group is a concern. We’ve lost three starters on offense and a key role player. We’re going to be starting this season with only one starting WR from last year. We’re going to have to see if the loss of Gregory is going to have any negative affect on us. We have some young players that are going to have to step up. If we struggle offensively it’s going to put more pressure on our defense. We have to get more physical! I don’t see where we’ve improved ourselves in the trenches unless some of these young players we drafted end up making a significant impact.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
We couldn't beat an actual good team last year. We are the same team, minus Cooper. The Eagles are better than they were, with the question being their QB. Plus they have a joke of a road schedule...Jags, Lions, Texans? At this very moment, based on last season, I don't see us winning the East.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dallas had a top 10 defense in 18 and 21. Hoping it stays around there. Maybe gets better.

1 dallas or eagles
3 commanders too many questions
4 giants lol going to be their 10th bad season out of the last 11.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz or the Eagles. Cowboys battle the Giants for the basement. Prescott increases his sky pointing, giving people hope for the future.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
That top 10 defensive ranking holds about as much water as our number one overall offensive ranking.

Defense wasn't great but it was good. 18 and 21 defenses were far and away the best defenses since like 07 08 at least. Some improvements lol

Flamma

Reaction score
Defense wasn't great but it was good. 18 and 21 defenses were far and away the best defenses since like 07 08 at least. Some improvements lol

Our big problem was run D towards the end. Especially against the 49ers. I'm hoping we're better there.

Is Joseph not better than Anthony Brown? IT would be nice to get him out there if he can play.