The Charismatic Voice

pete026

Reaction score
So this will be interesting. Putting on my "flameproof" suit.

Anyway, I came across this youtube channel on vocalist voice analysis. Although Elizabeth Zharoff does come across as a over-the-top optimist and a bit of a homer, she is obviously a very talented opera singer and voice educator. I have below a list of some of my favorite groups/singers, but she has a lot more on her channel. They can be long so feel free to peruse something you find interesting or go to her channel for others.

Hardline

Reaction score
I've been watching that channel for about two years now. I discovered Elisabeth wen she did a reaction to one of my favorite bands Jinjer. She's a huge Ronnie James Dio and Bruce Dickenson fan and her husband is a big time Tool fan.

pete026

Reaction score
I've been watching that channel for about two years now. I discovered Elisabeth wen she did a reaction to one of my favorite bands Nightwish. She's a huge Ronnie James Dio fan and her husband is a big time Tool fan.
Yeah, I've been checking out her videos for about a year now. Dropped off Music Zone for awhile "But I'm Back!!!!" :laugh:

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
So this will be interesting. Putting on my "flameproof" suit.

Anyway, I came across this youtube channel on vocalist voice analysis. Although Elizabeth Zharoff does come across as a over-the-top optimist and a bit of a homer, she is obviously a very talented opera singer and voice educator. I have below a list of some of my favorite groups/singers, but she has a lot more on her channel. They can be long so feel free to peruse something you find interesting or go to her channel for others.

Me thinks she has a thing for Randy Rhoads.
Wasted many a night watching her as well as other reaction videos.
Its always cool seeing someone listen to something like Rush or Pink Floyd for the first time and their minds are blown.
On a little sidenote i got to see Randy Rhoads about 3 weeks before the accident, in Norman Oklahoma. To say he was a good player is an understatement. He made it look so easy.

pete026

Reaction score
Wasted many a night watching her as well as other reaction videos.
Wasted??? Now arguing endlessly about the Dallas Cowboys QB position is indeed wasting time. Exploring/Renewing interests in music is never a mistake. But I think I understand what you were implying.

I had a t-shirt when I was in my late teens. My "Doors obession" timeframe that had the quote from Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

From an article I read: "In his writings, Nietzsche reiterated a sentiment other thinkers had already expressed before him: that music affected a human being on a much more profound level than logic; even when Nietzsche’s steadily declining mental health began to rob him of his ability to reason, he was still able to play Beethoven without fail."

Although I have never heard it directly, I think Jim Morrison wrote, "When the Music's Over" from this quote. He was big into Nietzsche philosophy and it is one of my favorites. Listen to each instrument - really a music masterpiece!