The Commanders are going to the Superbowl

cowboyfreak

Reaction score
http://extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101530

This is hard for me to understand. I know that fans will be fans and optimism is rampant in the offseason, but...DANG

I don't think anyone in here would say that Dallas is going to the superbowl. I mean I love my team and we've made some real improvements in the off-season ( but so have most other teams)

Now, Do I think we will be better? Sure
Superbowl? I wouldn't put any money on it.
The funny thing is I think we are much better than the 'skins.

Oh well, to each his own I guess... :skins:

I have visited extremeskins off and on for a few years now and they for the most part are much more optimis--- no, fanatical than this message board.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
cowboyfreak said:

This is hard for me to understand. I know that fans will be fans and optimism is rampant in the offseason, but...DANG

I don't think anyone in here would say that Dallas is going to the superbowl. I mean I love my team and we've made some real improvements in the off-season ( but so have most other teams)

I have visited extremeskins off and on for a few years now and they for the most part are much more optimis--- no, fanatical than this message board.

That kind of drivel is why I visit that site regularly. No sense in posting as all you get is some lunatic named COWBOYSSUCKAZZ start up with the redneck jokes, some **** moderator threaten you and so forth. But it is fun to read and if I am down in spirits, it always provides me a pickup.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
They are a team again! Taylor is in Miami working out seperate from his team while he asks for money! Arrington is ripping on the organization at every turn! They rotate 90% of the roster every year and Gibbs has hinted at this being his final year!

Duane

Reaction score
MissionCoach said:
Off Season Champs...again :skins: :suxskins:
Not even off season champs. They've gotten worse this off season.

devotedfan

Reaction score
The only way they get to the SB is as half-time entertainment in a Punt/Pass and Kick Contest.

ndanger

Reaction score
cowboyfreak said:

Dang man it would require some heavy medication for me to visit thier site.My nerves and my stomach would be extremely(no pun intended) taxed.

Hoov

Reaction score
devotedfan said:
The only way they get to the SB is as half-time entertainment in a Punt/Pass and Kick Contest.

Good one

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
devotedfan said:
They would lose to the 12 year old division.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair....it seems that many of the skins fans were not as convinced as the guy who wrote the article.

Hoov

Reaction score
ndanger said:
Dang man it would require some heavy medication for me to visit thier site.My nerves and my stomach would be extremely(no pun intended) taxed.

Ive never checked out that site either, though a lot of people comment on it. sounds like it could be good for some laughs, but if the mudslinging is as bad as reported, i will probably just get banned for retaliating, or for saying something truthful that hurts too much.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
cowboyfreak said:

We barely beat the Skins last season. I have also heard many say we are going to overtake the Eagles (Last years Super Bowl team). I think we will be much improved, but i'd hold off on saying we are much better.

But really, all teams are 0-0. So as of right now, everyone has the same chance of getting to the Super Bowl. So hey, i'll go on record and say i think we have a chance of getting to the Super Bowl.

Pooz

Reaction score
That organization as a whole is crap. They finish dead last in the new and improved NFC East. I would be surprised if they finshed any better than 4-12 quite honestly. As long as Danny SnYder owns that team they will finish in the lower echelon of the league. And that being the forseen case I hope he owns them for a long time:) We will be a playoff team but not Super Bowl bound this year. I think we'll split the series with the Eagles, but we can't beat them in the playoffs.....YET.

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
The Commanders are going to the Super Bowl? Really? WOW! What section are they sitting in? I just knew they would come watch the Cowboys play, with their secret love for us and all. :D

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The probs the skins have had in the off season notwithstanding, I think they could be a dang good team this year. Don't discount what a coach can do, or what small changes in chemistry can do for an organization. The offseason drama won't amount to anything if their line is improved with returning starters and they get off to a quick start. They were a good team at the end of the year last year, and I have too much respect for Gibbs to just write them off. They're my incredibly not-chic pick for a wildcard spot, frankly. (Ducking)

On the flip side, I also don't agree that we can't get to the Super Bowl this year. This team compares favorably to th 2003 team that beat the Panthers in the regular season but lost to them when they were peaking in the playoffs. Now, I'm not betting on it, but I don't see any overwhelming reason why that peaking team can't be these young Cowboys this year. (Ducking, but smiling).

All that said, the lunatics on extremeskins are unbelievable. If you sit quietly and read, you can watch the general opinion of that board warp while you read.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Idgit said:
The probs the skins have had in the off season notwithstanding, I think they could be a dang good team this year. Don't discount what a coach can do, or what small changes in chemistry can do for an organization.

Yeah, that's what the Skins fans were telling us this time last year-- Gibbs and Company would make the Skins better, just by virtue of their legendary, past successes...

Seems like Jimmy Johnson is still right, you win in the NFL with PLAYMAKERS, not with "chemistry"... at least, I didn't notice the arrival of Saint Joe turning the Skins around in year one...

The offseason drama won't amount to anything if their line is improved with returning starters and they get off to a quick start. They were a good team at the end of the year last year, and I have too much respect for Gibbs to just write them off. They're my incredibly not-chic pick for a wildcard spot, frankly. (Ducking)

With THAT offensive line?? You have GOT to be kidding me... I told Skins fans last year that their OL would be their Achilles' heel, and it was... it will be again this year, too...

I really don't understand Gibbs' approach these days-- when he came riding back into town, I really thought his first priority would be to build the next generation of the Hogs... but his line was quite atrocious last year, and the only move he's made to address the situation was to replace Corey Raymer with Casey Rabach at center...

While Raymer was dreadful last year, you have to wonder if Rabach is that big an improvement... I mean, last year was his first as a full-time starter, and the Ravens ranked next to last in the NFL in total offense...

The return of Jon Jansen will undoubtedly help some, but from where I sit the Skins are in the EXACT same position on the OL that they were last year, with ZERO depth... so long as their starting 5 remains intact, they might be mediocre, but when the starters start going down, they will be replaced by dreck... and when was the last time you remember a team getting through an entire season without some injuries on the offensive line??

The Skins have suffered a loss at cornerback, a loss that forced them to go CB in the first round of the draft... so now they're hoping that a rookie will step in and replace Smoot with no loss in overall efficiency... they have suffered another major loss at MLB, and it appears that the top contender to replace that position is a FIFTH round draft pick... they have lost Laveranues Coles, and are likely to lose Rod Gardner, and have replaced those two with Santana Moss and David Patten... this means their receiving corps has gotten smaller but quicker, and less productive...

IOW, the Skins have suffered a net LOSS of talent this offseason... meanwhile, in the "chemistry" department, they have a self-proclaimed "team leader" (Clinton Portis) announcing in the newspapers that the offseason voluntary workouts aren't important... you have their top draft pick from last year going incommunicado in an attempt to extort a new deal out of the Skins... and they still have Arrington involved in a grievance over his contract...

Yeah, it sounds like these guys are really bonding... LOL...

Hoov

Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
The Commanders are going to the Super Bowl? Really? WOW! What section are they sitting in? I just knew they would come watch the Cowboys play, with their secret love for us and all. :D

my thoughts exactly, i was just about to post something similar but you beat me to it.