The Commanders are going to the Superbowl

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
So HH what do YOU think we will be?......also what do you think YOUR team will be?......

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The Skins will NOT make the playoffs.

Sorry but anyone who thinks this is a realistic possiblity is fooling themselves thoroughly.

They lost their best and 2nd best WRs(assuming they follow through with dumping Gardner),they lost their best cb, they lost their middle backer, they have no clue what they are gonna do at QB as they keep dumping on Ramsey. They now have a bunch of UofM guys sticking together and demanding more money or holding out. Chemistry? ROFL. Core Commanders have been fleeing Commanders Park all off-season. Lavar seems to hate the team, Sean Taylor is a Kellen Winslow Starter kit, Portis is backing his Miami Boys. The situation is so bad Snyder has gone thin-skinned and can't take the media jabs so has started his own media brigade as revenge? ROFL so hard it hurts.

Gibbs may be better adjusted to the NFL this year but he doesnt have better talent. They probably had the worst off-season of any team in the league.

This off-season all but 2 teams had money to spend: Wash and Tenn. At least Tenn made a Super Bowl and a few Championship games for their troubles.

The Skins are by far the most mismanaged team in the NFL.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think everyone knows Wash got weaker on paper. They also closed out the year with strong showings in a blowout of the Giants, a close game against Philly, and a win against Minnesota. They were in almost every game last year b/c of their defense. Most of their problems revolve around offensive scheme. Scheme is something that can be coached, if the coach is smart enough. Gibbs is definitely smart enough.

The offseason drama's not going to matter if a few wins pile up. They open the year with Chi, Dal, and Sea. Teams can be brought together by overcoming adversity together, too, you know. I think you guys are making too much out of what happens offseason and off of the football field.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Idgit said:
I think everyone knows Wash got weaker on paper. They also closed out the year with strong showings in a blowout of the Giants, a close game against Philly, and a win against Minnesota. They were in almost every game last year b/c of their defense. Most of their problems revolve around offensive scheme. Scheme is something that can be coached, if the coach is smart enough. Gibbs is definitely smart enough.

The offseason drama's not going to matter if a few wins pile up. They open the year with Chi, Dal, and Sea. Teams can be brought together by overcoming adversity together, too, you know. I think you guys are making too much out of what happens offseason and off of the football field.
The problems last year were:
a. mismatched talent to scheme
b. lack of depth
c. team chemistry
d. lack of direction offensively
e. qb play

Now none of that is going to magically fix itself. Gibbs was practically crying about the lack of free agent money to resign his guys.

Portis is still not an inside guy who runs between the tackles. The Skins still have no depth. They still have no identity at QB. Team Chemistry is still an issue with various cliques being formed and lots of players mad at the owner.

Last season Wash stayed in games with great defense. Part of that great defense tho was no one took chances against them because you only needed 13 points to beat them. Now they are going from Smoot to a rookie. They are losing the middle backer. Washington was a bad team that got worse. Even if they come closer to their potential they will still stink because their overall talent level is low which is how you lose for all those seasons in a row.

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
Extremeskinz is a f****** zoo, don't listen to what they have to say... stay here and get good information and discussion

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN said:
The Commanders are going to the Super Bowl? Really? WOW! What section are they sitting in? I just knew they would come watch the Cowboys play, with their secret love for us and all. :D

:lmao2:

good one

zorg222

nose picker
Reaction score
Let me put in my opinion now, seriously.

Every team has optimsm. Naturally, they want their team to win. We as Cowboys fans want our team to win and so do the Skinz fans.

The point where it becomes ridiculous is when fans practice 'homerism' which is, in my book, a kind of 'over optimism'. Homerism happens when fans get too excited about their team's improvements and they overreact. They start crying 'Super Bowl' and '16-0' when even they know that it isn't going to happen.

That is the problem here. The skinz fans over there are practicing 'homerism'.

Something that fans from other teams probably disagree with.

Some people here practice homerism. Now don't get me wrong I am excited about this year's improvements, but I'm not over excited.

I'm not crying 'super bowl' or '16-0', I'm crying '10-6' and 'playoff year' which are pretty realistic expectations.

So when skinz fans say that they are just trying to express their dreams because any logical person can't possibly expect that from the skinz. There are some illogical people over there, but there are some here as well.

It is ridiculous that anyone should post their dreams as if they were logical expectations which is why I have a problem with a skinz fan saying those things.

You'll never hear having illogical expectations so it is fair for me to expect the same from others.

There will always be those hard-headed punks that can never realize the concept I have discussed. But even if they can't except it, it is still reality and no drunken skinz fan that is practicing homerism can escape it. The skinz are NOT going to the SB. It's just not logical to think that. Just like it is illogical for me as a boyz fan to expect a SB for us. It just ain't gonna happen.

So there it is, my take on this topic, it's fair and balanced and logical.

So just to wrap things up, no more homerism... please.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
the big picture here. THE Commanders suck they lost there best players, which to say about the rest of the team,werent all the great, oh wow they finally got the first round pick last year talkig to them again, they overpadi for a crappy WR, after lettign the only thing that made the offense worth flipping through go. ANd they think they can go the SB. Yea the Commanders are drunk agian.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
I enjoy the rare "bias free post."

We lost with those guys and we can lose without them.......Losing players who don't want to be here is a GOOD thing.......

This is the bias I speak of........Nobody judges a team on Chemistry & coaching......it's all about the paper........

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jterrell said:
b. lack of depth
c. team chemistry
e. qb play

Of the points you specifically mention, matching scheme to talent, team chemistry, and lack of direction offensively can be addressed internally and don't necessarily rely on the draft of FA. I'll give you depth, gladly. QB play, well, we'll see what happens with an entire year of PR and the two new linemen. Still, if Parcels can take basically Dave Campo's 6-10 team to the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Gibbs do the same in Wash after his mulligan in 2004.

Oh, for the record, the fans at ES are hunchbacks, mongoloids, or reprobates. Sometimes all three. fArt, in particular, is a character straight out of Confederacy of Dunces; it's socialogically *fascinating* to watch them Borging their way to ridiculous consensus after ridiculous consensus. I love that site.

That doesn't mean their team won't eventually improve, though.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
Idgit said:
Of the points you specifically mention, matching scheme to talent, team chemistry, and lack of direction offensively can be addressed internally and don't necessarily rely on the draft of FA. I'll give you depth, gladly. QB play, well, we'll see what happens with an entire year of PR and the two new linemen. Still, if Parcels can take basically Dave Campo's 6-10 team to the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Gibbs do the same in Wash after his mulligan in 2004.

Oh, for the record, the fans at ES are hunchbacks, mongoloids, or reprobates. Sometimes all three. fArt, in particular, is a character straight out of Confederacy of Dunces; it's socialogically *fascinating* to watch them Borging their way to ridiculous consensus after ridiculous consensus. I love that site.

the problem Campo was asorry coach, and BP is just better,

the Commanders have a worldoftalent but they ahve the wrong talent for the way there wanting to play. this cant be fixed in a year. Because htey refuse to admit when they make mistakes.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell said:
b. lack of depth
c. team chemistry
e. qb play

Why didnt you just save time and list al the things Washington did right :D

SkinFaninOKC

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit said:

Long live the First Amendment.

That is however an unfair statement. There are good posters at E.S. What Art did was wrong though. No telling how many fellow fans he alienated.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinFaninOKC said:
Long live the First Amendment.

That is however an unfair statement. There are good posters at E.S. What Art did was wrong though. No telling how many fellow fans he alienated.

Oh, I didn't mean to be unfair. There are some *very* good posters at ES. I'm thinking those are the hunchbacks.

I gather you're referring to fArt's tirade where he demanded a poster include a link to someone else's source, or whatever? Yes, that was embarrassing in every sense of the word. A Thing of Beauty. It was a credit to the site that the other posters didn't take that nonsense lying down. The mods could have handled it better than they did, IMHO, but then, who knows what went on via PM. All-in-all, I admire the discipline, content, special features, and structure of ES quite a bit, but it's a hilarious resource for football opinions.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
That site IS hilarious.

Best feature of all is the game day thread, which typically goes over 100 pages.

Page after page of hysterical rantings, burst balloons, and "they're cheating" posts.

I love it. :)

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
That site IS hilarious.

Best feature of all is the game day thread, which typically goes over 100 pages.

Thats because everyone takes my job......

Before the game we choose [ 2 ] people to be the play by play .....

Half way through the game everyone does it........so annoying......