The Commanders are interested in free agent safety Adam Archuleta

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Commanders are interested in free agent safety Adam Archuleta.

It's hard to imagine Washington signing anyone unless a new CBA is worked out. They are in terrible cap shape.

Mar. 3 - 11:50 am et
Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch

joseephuss

Reaction score
Are they going to a two strong safety defense? I thought Washington would try to get someone to play deep so they could move Taylor to SS, where he is better suited. Archuleta is a good athlete and good at playing close to the line of scrimmage. He is poor in coverage. In 5 seasons he has 3 INTs and 17 passes defended. For comparison, Roy has 12 INTs and 24 passes defended.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Somebody has to replace Taylor after he's convicted and doing about 5 years behind bars!

SkinsFan26

Reaction score
The Skins are interested in Archuleta because he is better than Ryan Clark. Clark may leave via FA.

clayman

Reaction score
Taylor is a FS and is highly suited for it with his speed and tenacity..he'll grown into a fine one....read somewhere today that even without cba the skins would have a couple mil to play with unless they wanna cut a few more than the 4 required to get under the cap....if new cba they might have 10 mil to play with.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
If the CBA gets done, they'll have enough money two pursue a few guys. Unless that cash over/under deal gets passed.

joseephuss

Reaction score
clayman said:
Taylor is a FS and is highly suited for it with his speed and tenacity..he'll grown into a fine one....read somewhere today that even without cba the skins would have a couple mil to play with unless they wanna cut a few more than the 4 required to get under the cap....if new cba they might have 10 mil to play with.

I think Taylor is a fine FS. I just think he would be a better SS. I think it is easier to find strong safeties now a days, so a move to get Archuleta makes sense. If Washington could find a ball hawk free safety, that would be a better move. Dallas is in a similar position. They are having trouble finding a FS to compliment Roy. If needed, Roy can play deep, but he is better suited for the SS spot.

clayman

Reaction score
Sean Taylor was a ballhawk in college and has sick speed....he'll learn the game so the likes of Crayton won't get past him.....but that play was awesome...designed for his youth...made him respect Key then was out of place to catch Crayton...he'll be a good if not great FS in the future...if he's not in Jail. :)

he and Roy together would be the sickest duo EVER

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
what free agent don't the Commanders want...my god..enough already