The Corrales custilo fight was Awesome

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
If you like Boxing and have showtime catch the Replay of the Deigo Corrales and Custilo fight Man that was one of the best if not the best fights I've ever seen.........

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jksmith269 said:
If you like Boxing and have showtime catch the Replay of the Deigo Corrales and Custilo fight Man that was one of the best if not the best fights I've ever seen.........
They were showing it next to the game at the sports bar I was at tonight. At first no one was paying attention, then all of a sudden, somebody got hype, and then people took their eyes off the game (wasn't missing much, ya know) and started watching the fight. That knockout at the end was shocking. I don't know how dude could see out of that eye, but he took it to him. That was one of those, if they let him, he would've dude out of the ring.

We were all ooohing and aahhing with each punch. Cuz that combo was awesome.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
They were showing it next to the game at the sports bar I was at tonight. At first no one was paying attention, then all of a sudden, somebody got hype, and then people took their eyes off the game (wasn't missing much, ya know) and started watching the fight. That knockout at the end was shocking. I don't know how dude could see out of that eye, but he took it to him. That was one of those, if they let him, he would've dude out of the ring.

We were all ooohing and aahhing with each punch. Cuz that combo was awesome.

The 9th round I told my 13yr old son that these smaller guys can be knocked down one or two times in a round and still come back and win and I'll be danged the 10 bada bing man that was a good fight.... :fight:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
BS decision but Props to Castillo it took Corrales to throw his mouth piece the 2 times he got dropped to buy some time to be able to beat him and a lot of people counted Castillo out

The true Champion

jksmith269

Reaction score
jacs said:
BS decision but Props to Castillo it took Corrales to throw his mouth piece the 2 times he got dropped to buy some time to be able to beat him and a lot of people counted Castillo out

The true Champion

It was a great fight. After he spit his MP out the second knockdown he lost another Point just like he should have. at that point the round was a 10-7 I say that was a veteran move and very smart, because like you said it bought him some extra time but at the same time it bought Custillio some needed extra time as well.

The way I see it the fight could have gone either way I don't blame the ref for stopping the fight he was protecting the fighter. and there were many times in the fight I thought Custillio looked about to go down he has one hell of a heart.....

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
itoldmy dad that it was his fight to loose and he went for the kill but got fudged up.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Showtime will replay the Corrales-Castillo slugfest twice. The first replay will air tonight at 11 p.m. ET/PT on SHOWTIME TOO. The second rebroadcast is Friday on SHOWTIME at 11 p.m. ET/PT.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it is also on the Showtime on demand if you have that option with your cable or satellite box.

I caught the last few rounds of it, was waiting for Family Business to come on and the fight was running late....WOW I am glad it was running late as that was one of the best boxing matches I have seen in a long long time....it may get me interested in watching boxing again.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think it is also on the Showtime on demand if you have that option with your cable or satellite box.

I caught the last few rounds of it, was waiting for Family Business to come on and the fight was running late....WOW I am glad it was running late as that was one of the best boxing matches I have seen in a long long time....it may get me interested in watching boxing again.

I only watch fights when Mexicans fight because they almost never let someone down with the exception of Barrera (hate that guy).

jksmith269

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:

Fight coming up in june 4th between Ricky Hatton and Kosta Tszyu should be a stand up fight both are great punchers and have good chins. If your looking for a fight to get excited about this one should do it.