The Cowboys are getting an upgrade in trade for Andrew Booth Jr

TasteMyScythe

Reaction score
I don't know that its an upgrade, both players have been under producing and haven't shown much for their teams. However, Nashon Wright has had 3 years here and just hasn't impressed so I don't mind seeing how another player fits.

Only reason to believe Booth has higher upside is because he was drafted a round earlier than Wright and has 2 years experience vs Wright's 3.
Well, Booth did have an injury that derailed his playing time and then having a scheme change to adjust to...as for Wright, he just plain sucks!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He's going to have trouble making the roster (just as Wright was going to) because we have five corners ahead of him (Diggs, Bland, Lewis, Carson and Scott) and we're most likely going to keep Goodwin as a special-teammer. I could live with us not keeping Goodwin (or doing like we've done the last couple of years and cut him and put him on the PS to start the season).
I’ve been preaching get rid of Goodwin for 3 years now and I see it’s not happening. It’s gonna take Booth to have a good camp and Scott and Cason to flat out stink…or injury

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I’ve been preaching get rid of Goodwin for 3 years now and I see it’s not happening. It’s gonna take Booth to have a good camp and Scott and Cason to flat out stink…or injury
Goodwin is a really good ST player. I'm just of the opinion that you can't afford to waste a roster spot on a player who is not good at all at his regular position. Of course, it could be argued that ST is Goodwin's regular position.

I hope we do what we've done the last couple of years with the new practice squad rules: Cut him at the end of the preseason and put him on the PS. Then, bring him up for the first three games before adding him to the 53 after that. Usually, by that time the roster kind of sorts itself out.

Goodwin, Edoga and Freeman are IMO three vets we could do that with without much risk of losing them.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
I reserve judgement until I see how he differs from Wright in the PS.. Right now it’s just looking like one disappointment for another. Yeah he is a former first round pick, but there are plenty of first round busts. Dallas has made several on their own. Rather have a run stuffing LB .
Which player do you think cost more this year their 2nd round pick or our 3rd pick?

Chasing6

Reaction score
The 42nd pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, Booth was taken in the first season after Minnesota parted ways with Zimmer. In his rookie year, Booth was eased into game action, mostly playing on special teams. However, he saw ample snaps on defense in a Week 9 win before logging his first career start - coincidentally, against the Cowboys - the following week. In that game, Booth suffered a meniscus tear that knocked him out for the rest of the year.

Following Booth’s rookie year, Minnesota overhauled their defensive scheme with a new coordinator. Between the scheme change and Booth’s own recovery timeline, he saw minimal action last year. Booth didn’t play a single snap on defense for the first month of the season, and he finished the season having played on just 13% of the defensive snaps.

Booth was similarly viewed as entering a pivotal year for his chances at keeping a roster spot, although he had a slightly longer runway than Wright. In swapping Wright for Booth, the Cowboys have bought themselves one...

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...andrew-booth-cornerback-mike-zimmer-dan-quinn
A higher draft pick automatically means a better player???

What it really means is we will be paying more and they will be paying less.

CCBoy

Reaction score

At least here and now no one is investing in a 14 yard punt returner. It's a full picture gamble with no attitude seen at this point. Cry on one's own time.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yes, Minnesota desperate for CB's traded a better player for our weaker player.

Make it make sense.
Make it make sense?...one has to have sense first to work with. Put him with the current defensive coach and genius in the secondary and just watch if you have enough sense to watch. This is a group thing with elements that have good qualities to them.

Just don't apply for a vote counter...

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which player do you think cost more this year their 2nd round pick or our 3rd pick?

And I seen it many times on here that Jerry is cheap. But not on this one. :laugh:

I think it was a good swap of players, each getting new scenery. Though each one still may not make each team.
PS possibly.

reddyuta

Reaction score
not by watching him getting beaten like a rented mule in camp,dude seems to have checked out .

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I don’t buy he’s much better…we’ve seen this before in years past with these end of roster trades….Kelden Joseph last year, the Barbie Carpenter trade, the Chauvarius Ward trade…..well that one sucked lol. But yeah more than likely two similar players got dealt for each other. Can’t see him getting in front of Cason or Scott.
You think he can't beat out Scott ?,

Scott's done nothing as of yet, hence the reason for this trade because I think they're more looking for inside guys than outside..

so they're getting more of an outside guy we're getting an inside guy that's why the trade happened and by the way using the term not much better says he's at least a notch better, so we get what we need they feel like they're getting what they need but it isn't slight upgrade if that's what we're looking for...

Zimmer slowly churning that bottom with HIS type players.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You think he can't beat out Scott ?,

Scott's done nothing as of yet, hence the reason for this trade because I think they're more looking for inside guys than outside..

so they're getting more of an outside guy we're getting an inside guy that's why the trade happened and by the way using the term not much better says he's at least a notch better, so we get what we need they feel like they're getting what they need but it isn't slight upgrade if that's what we're looking for...

Zimmer slowly churning that bottom with HIS type players.
I only say that because they traded a 5th for Scott.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I only say that because they traded a 5th for Scott.
Well in my opinion are not in a position to be worried about what they gave up for a guy you picked the best players and I believe they will I don't think Scott's done anything including this little interception he had in the preseason game to just be handed a position we're deep at defensive backs safeties corners so they need to pick the best ones though because the depth is going to be young players.. So if this new guy comes in and just Tears it up I'm sorry but you're not going to keep Scott over that but I think you could put Scott on the practice squad and not lose him that's what you have to think about who can we sneak onto the practice squad and still keep a player that's developing?

But right now, we have our starting three we have to figure out who the next are for depth, but I want the best guy not the guy who we traded a 5 for as if somehow a fifth-round pick is special? OH and lastly that was Dan Quinn probably wanted this guy Dan Quinn's no longer here maybe we trade Scott to the Washington team that likes our X players who think their backups are starters we can get a 5th for him..hmmm :angry::laugh: but there's a reason Zimmer went and traded for this guy or "his guy"..​

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
It's a "football trade" for bottom-roster guys. Theoretically, it's a win for each team because they get a player who has a style more suited to the system they want to run.

The dollars and draft capital don't matter, at this point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well in my opinion are not in a position to be worried about what they gave up for a guy you picked the best players and I believe they will I don't think Scott's done anything including this little interception he had in the preseason game to just be handed a position we're deep at defensive backs safeties corners so they need to pick the best ones though because the depth is going to be young players.. So if this new guy comes in and just Tears it up I'm sorry but you're not going to keep Scott over that but I think you could put Scott on the practice squad and not lose him that's what you have to think about who can we sneak onto the practice squad and still keep a player that's developing?

But right now, we have our starting three we have to figure out who the next are for depth, but I want the best guy not the guy who we traded a 5 for as if somehow a fifth-round pick is special? OH and lastly that was Dan Quinn probably wanted this guy Dan Quinn's no longer here maybe we trade Scott to the Washington team that likes our X players who think their backups are starters we can get a 5th for him..hmmm :angry::laugh: but there's a reason Zimmer went and traded for this guy or "his guy"..​
Typically draft picks get a longer leash in Dallas see Nashon Wright.

John813

Reaction score
He can't be worse. I mean, he could be, but Wright sucked here.
Unplayable corner for a very small chance at a revival? Good move lol

blueblood70

Reaction score
Typically draft picks get a longer leash in Dallas see Nashon Wright.
I get that but I don't think this is your typical year this is a whole bunch of things need to happen this year and with zimmer's new defense on a one year deal he's not keeping a dude around he will tell the ownership this dudes gotta be sad we're depending on young players to be the depth so after diggs Lewis and bland you're depending on these young players you gotta have the best ones not the projects coming to games and playing on special teams and then if they're needed like there's an injury I mean what if diggs doesn't react well to a full game we have to have the very best young players not the projects make this team and I'm not talking about the 60 man roster you know with the practice squad I'm talking about the active 47... So that 4th corner has to be exceptional not a project... Last year we didn't really have to worry about that we had four corners that we can depend on and then when diggs went down at least we still had three... You gotta hope to not have an injury bug but as much as they're depending on young players I mean unless I'm missing somebody they're gonna have to be a lock at 4th CB to getn that spot..