The Cowboys are held back by (bleep) poor leadership

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
could one of you change your icon,, very confusing especially when your in disagreement,, its like someone with split personalities.
Seems very odd why you would both have the same.

Tell @Jake to change his, idk why he stole mine.

:dance:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
I get that. All I’m saying is I have the personal power of choice with my sports dollar as we all do. I don’t give a rat’s behind whether Jerry notices that or not. The power of choice is underrated.

Again I get it that you control where you spend your sports money but those that chose not to spend their money on Cowboys stuff are not underrated because they are such a extremely tiny faction compared to the millions that do it's impossible to underrate them. Again if not buying Cowboys stuff makes you happy, it makes me happy for you.

garyo1954

Reaction score
tumblr_nz62lk4C3d1qanwe4o1_250.gif

garyo1954

Reaction score
How many people would be like Booger if they owned the Cowboys?

I probably would. Not that I would insist on being right, or even knowing who to draft, but I would likely be the type to say, "I have the final decision on everything."

Anybody else?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Some peoples fascination with the Rowdy avatar amazes me. Does it make you somehow not know about the Cowboys or imply you're new here and it doesn't qualify you to have an opinion?

I've been here 14 years and one thing I don't care about is a silly avatar. Some people like them and that's cool, I just don't feel the need to put one on.

You seem to be a little extra "curmudgeony" (yeah, I know it's not a word) today.

Rowdy is the default avatar for a reason. Even the person who runs this site has acknowledged it. :muttley:

Nevertheless, none of this refutes anything I said in my initial post.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
People here get so caught up in their little "I hate this guy" agendas that the big picture eludes them. :muttley:

Hate Dak...hate Zeke...hate your local weather person...it doesn't matter. They are just symptoms of the disease.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I agree with everything you're saying about how this team is run, but on a fan forum, what else do you suggest people talk about?

What you see, what you'd like to see, draft, FA, it all comes with following the team.

If you simply say nothing matters because they are in charge and won't ever get this thing right, I can't say you're wrong but then why even be hear? I'm not questioning anyone's "fandom" because I think this team is awful and have plenty of bad to say and I dont think that makes me or anyone else less of a fan.

But there really is no harm in discussing the team as a whole from every aspect when that's what we literally signed up for when we came to this forum.

Just my opinion.

I suggest no one here should like Jerry or Stephen. So many "Jerry's a great owner but bad GM" and "Things will be better when Stephen is in charge" nonsense posts/threads. Absolute garbage/silliness. If you love the Cowboys you should hold these selfish, egotistical clowns in disdain. They don't care about you. It's all about them.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Some peoples fascination with the Rowdy avatar amazes me. Does it make you somehow not know about the Cowboys or imply you're new here and it doesn't qualify you to have an opinion?

I've been here 14 years and one thing I don't care about is a silly avatar. Some people like them and that's cool, I just don't feel the need to put one on.

You seem to be a little extra "curmudgeony" (yeah, I know it's not a word) today.
The rowdy avatars are hard to look at, if you cared about your fellow zoners u would change it !;)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I suggest no one here should like Jerry or Stephen. So many "Jerry's a great owner but bad GM" and "Things will be better when Stephen is in charge" nonsense posts/threads. Absolute garbage/silliness. If you love the Cowboys you should hold these selfish, egotistical clowns in disdain. They don't care about you. It's all about them.
your right but they own the team, the logo, the brand etc, so we either pick another team, give up nfl football, or roll with the 3 stooges.
Not much we can do, and there will always be people going to the games, and buying cowboy merch.
We have no power, the jones boys have it all.
Americas team has become the jones boys circus, and we are stuck with it.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
your right but they own the team, the logo, the brand etc, so we either pick another team, give up nfl football, or roll with the 3 stooges.
Not much we can do, and there will always be people going to the games, and buying cowboy merch.
We have no power, the jones boys have it all.
Americas team has become the jones boys circus, and we are stuck with it.

I'm feeling less "stuck with it" every season. These aren't the Dallas Cowboys I loved growing up. This is a circus act living off the brand.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I'm feeling less "stuck with it" every season. These aren't the Dallas Cowboys I loved growing up. This is a circus act living off the brand.
Well they looked better today lol.
me I am an addict , so I am sort of stuck with them, I can even enjoy watching them lose now lol.
I dont buy any merchandise or go to the games.
As far as watching the games, unless you have a neilsen box hooked to your tv's, then your not part of the ratings , which are all estimated. No real numbers,
just estimated viewers lol, but they brain wash everyone to think they are factual.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Well they looked better today lol.
me I am an addict , so I am sort of stuck with them, I can even enjoy watching them lose now lol.
I dont buy any merchandise or go to the games.
As far as watching the games, unless you have a neilsen box hooked to your tv's, then your not part of the ratings , which are all estimated. No real numbers,
just estimated viewers lol, but they brain wash everyone to think they are factual.

Where did I say anything about not watching or the Neilsen ratings? I always watch. The expectations are just much lower than the standard I once knew.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Ok. So why post 5 times in a thread you say is full of opinions you are tired of hearing about? You have almost single handedly kept this thread alive, lol.

I once had a fellow fan post over 10 times on a thread topic I started that he said he was sick of hearing about. Isn’t it better to just avoid it altogether? Whatever your opinion is that’s fine. Just always seems odd to see someone post on a thread they hate.
If you're sick of Jerry, shouldn't you just stop watching the Cowboys?

The problem isn't that people complain about Jerry and Stephen, it's that they think they're clever for doing it.