The Cowboys currently have the 5th pick in the draft!

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Can we please take either the best defensive lineman or defensive back available?

Based on what our needs look like at this moment, this is what I'd hope for:

1st Round: Best DL/S/CB
2nd Round: DL/CB/S (whichever wasn't selected with the 1st)
3rd Round: OT
4th Round: RB/S/LB
5th Round: LB/DL
6th Round: OL
7th Round: P/RB/OL

Last edited:

rags

Reaction score
This team could "tank" to the number 1 overall position and it wouldn't matter. We have two morons playing fantasy football in the FO.

Man, this fanbase will swallow anything that even remotely resembles hope. :rolleyes:

This.

What good does it do having a high draft pick if the front office doesn't know what to do with it?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here are the challenges. The competition for those two QB's will be tough and from teams not even picking in the top 5 but the real issue is almost feast or famine as this is not a great D draft, there is no Young to fall back on. Trading up for 1 of those 2 and maybe Lance as well will be hot but trading back and getting primo draft capital will not be great in this draft.

Top 5 though could get Penei Sewell, OR, the top LT prospect in the draft. The NYG will target him.

Xavier187

Reaction score
You really need a LG JS.
DUANE brown Bama look into this cat.
Heard last year he was very much liked by the Cowboys

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL. Maybe Ja'Marr Chase. The Cowboys prefer to take RBs in the top 5.
Yeah, they did it in 2016 following directly on the heels of when they did it in 1977 ...

blueblood70

Reaction score
http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

The Texans and Jags play each other next week so we have a chance to move up.
and we have zero shot at Lawerence or Fields as im betting they are gone before we pick..No reaches for a QB are allowed so if no Lawerence or fields i say Stud defender at any positions, we need them all..

so whos our guy? who the best defensive player in the top 10 next year, thats who we get.. its not tanking when you are simply bad playing with all backups in a lot of key positions..its just your JV team playing bad..

mocks have us taking a CB from OSU..

CowboyMort

Reaction score
I think that we end up with pick #2. At least right now, this team does not resemble a team that can win another game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
You people are getting ready excited for nothing ...... Jerry (too drunk old and horny to care) Jones is still gonna be making the picks.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Kind of unfortunate there’s no Bosa or Chase Young in this draft. Parsons or Surtain would be my pick assuming Lawrence isn’t there.