The Cowboys defense and Dan Quinn showed their true colors today

GRCowboy

Reaction score
The first 6 of 7 games were a mirage, but this defense is basically 2014 and 2016 all over again but they can't stop the run instead of not having a pass rush and doing okay against the run.

They can't. Stop. The. Run. They struggle to get off the field on key 3rd and 4th down situations. They fail to make stops in the red zone. They are terrible against trick plays.

Dan Quinn gets a solid F- for this game.

Tony Pollard gets the game ball. Dak was solid aside from that late first half pick.

This team (Team 40 Burger) will go only as far as Dak, TP, and this offensive line takes us.

Go offense.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
The first 6 of 7 games were a mirage, but this defense is basically 2014 and 2016 all over again but they can't stop the run instead of not having a pass rush and doing okay against the run.

They can't. Stop. The. Run. They struggle to get off the field on key 3rd and 4th down situations. They fail to make stops in the red zone. They are terrible against trick plays.

Tony Pollard gets the game ball. Dak was solid aside from that late first half pick.

This team (Team 40 Burger) will go only as far as Dak, TP, and this offensive line takes us.

Go offense.
:huh:

Amarillofan82

Reaction score
Ummmm..... seriously? We won by 20 points, had 3 sacks and a fumble return for a TD. Most games when a team puts up over 40 points will allow the other team to put up 20. Just the way the game plays out.

kskboys

Reaction score

Go offense.
On 3rd/4th downs, every time I tried to watch it was Galley and Osa at DT. On the 4th and 3 when they ran right up the middle, it was definitely those 2.

I cannot fathom how it's worth it to be that weak there just for a bit more pass rush.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Tony Pollard YPC must be through the roof 15 for 135 that's 9 YPC

and a Bye week to rest up for the late season push? I smell something special brewing

GRCowboy

Reaction score
On 3rd/4th downs, every time I tried to watch it was Galley and Osa at DT. On the 4th and 3 when they ran right up the middle, it was definitely those 2.

I cannot fathom how it's worth it to be that weak there just for a bit more pass rush.
Osa is a great pass rushing interior d-end / d-tackle but he's not good against the run

Hankins is the answer at NT and played well against the run in his limited snaps as a first timer. Bohanna is second best against the run.

kskboys

Reaction score
Osa is a great pass rushing interior d-end / d-tackle but he's not good against the run

Hankins is the answer at NT and played well against the run in his limited snaps as a first timer. Bohanna is second best against the run.
Bo is simply a backup type.

I think Osa is more of a rotational type. He reminds me of Eric Obahghu. Great effort, good rotational type, just not a starter.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Go offense.

It might (or might not) interest you to know that the Bears were leading the league in rushing yards prior to this game. Tied for second in ypc.

So, if Dallas didn't stop their run game very well, maybe the Bears are just good at it?