The Cowboys Draft Game

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know a lot of posters don't watch a lot of college ball but this game doesn't require knowledge of the players, only the need of the positions.

This is also not about picking a player at a position but a position at a position.

The template is 1-12, assuming some trades. If they don't happen, then selections past 10 won't count.

Your assignment, should you decide to accept it, is to pick the positions picked by the Cowboys at each pick in order.

Since a player can be picked at one position, for example OT, and moved to another like OG, we'll keep this general for the lines and just use DL and OL as well as DB's for the secondary.

You get 1 point for each correct selection. I will tabulate and give the rankings the day after the draft.

The tie-breaker is predict the first 5 picks in the draft and which team made them. 1 point for each correct prediction for the team and the player.

Deadline in one hour before the draft kicks off. If you need to change yours, note that at the top of the new post and I will delete your older one.

Pick 1:
Pick 2:
Pick 3:
Pick 4:
Pick 5:
Pick 6:
Pick 7:
Pick 8:
Pick 9:
Pick 10:
Pick 11:
Pick 12:

1st Pick Team: Player:
2nd Pick Team: Player:
3rd Pick Team: Player
4th Pick Team: Player:
5th Pick Team: Player:

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pick 1: DB
Pick 2: DB
Pick 3: DB
Pick 4: DB
Pick 5: DB
Pick 6: DB
Pick 7: DB
Pick 8: DB
Pick 9: DB
Pick 10: DB
Pick 11: DB
Pick 12: DB

1st Pick Team: JAC Player: Lawrence
2nd Pick Team: NYJ Player: Wilson
3rd Pick Team: MIA Player: Sewell
4th Pick Team: ATL Player: Fields
5th Pick Team: CIN Player: Pitts

The logic: DB seems quite likely in round 1. After that, I doubt I'd do any better than pure random chance at picking positions in order, and DB is the most-picked position group, particularly including those special-teamers at the bottom of the draft. For the top 5 picks, draft trades are much too hard to predict so I won't even try, but QB and OT are always a good bet to go early. CIN just seems like a great fit for Pitts.