News: The Cowboys' Hopes Lie in the New Offense (The Ringer)

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anybody notice, in Witten’s interview this week when they asked him whether getting up to speed on the offense was different for him from years past, he just dismissed the question, saying he’d been in this system a lot of years and it hadn’t really changed?

I think we’re primarily going to get more of what we’ve always gotten on offense again this season with a couple of fun wrinkles thrown in.

catiii

Reaction score
Thanks for posting!!

Some of the best teachers (or play callers or coaches or caddies etc) are not always the best at the game regardless of sport. I've got heaps of confidence in Moore if Garret (and JJ) stay the hell out of his way and let him do his own thing w no intimidation! We'll see!!

Iago33

Reaction score
Did anybody notice, in Witten’s interview this week when they asked him whether getting up to speed on the offense was different for him from years past, he just dismissed the question, saying he’d been in this system a lot of years and it hadn’t really changed?

I think we’re primarily going to get more of what we’ve always gotten on offense again this season with a couple of fun wrinkles thrown in.
Why you gonna rain on our parade?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Everybody says Moore is a genius but i have to see any evidence in TC or pre season.
Because it's TC and preseason. They don't put their real offense in until they get back to Dallas. Those practices are closed. You won't see the real Moore offense until opening day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

I couldn't disagree Moore.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Prepare to be disappointed if you’re expecting a totally different offense. All I’m hoping for is some creativity to keep the defense honest.

Rayman70

Reaction score
FYI...anyone see the pic on DC.com and Dave Helman? lol...he looks like wee man! lol..Has his Hawaiian Shirt ...its pretty funny when he's standing next to Broaddus and company. Just had to share my thoughts. Carry on...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There was one Witten interview where he made a comment that most plays are in all team's playbooks but the difference is when/how the plays are called during the game.

Watching training camp practices shows that they are working on more changes than just increased pre-snap motion.
- 2 RB sets (not 1 RB, 1 FB)
- RBs on go routes (multiple times in practices even including multiple by FB/RB Olawale)
- More variation in RB pass routes.
- Any snaps with Witten and Jarwin on the field together would be a change.
- The Garrett era Cowboys have rarely not paired Witten with a blocking TE.​
- More pre-snap motion including "multiple" motion where a player motions, sets and motions again.
- They're doing something with both the QB and RB rolling to the outside together.
- The camera angles have limited what I could see on these.
- It looked like a QB roll out to pass but the RB ended up with the ball before crossing the line of scrimmage.
- I couldn't see if it was a toss or if the QB directly handed the ball to the RB.
- It was obviously an option type play with receiving options on routes to that side of the field.​
- A QB roll-out with a TE or WR moving laterally down the line to pass block for the QB in open space.
- It appeared to be an option for the TE/WR to block or run a delayed route.​

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FYI...anyone see the pic on DC.com and Dave Helman? lol...he looks like wee man! lol..Has his Hawaiian Shirt ...its pretty funny when he's standing next to Broaddus and company. Just had to share my thoughts. Carry on...

Broaddus and Helman together remind me of references to this comic strip.

The heyday of this comic was before my time, but my parents generation often used the phrase "Mutt & Jeff" as a descriptive term.

826819.jpg

Sammy

Reaction score

Linky?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Could you imagine 24th overall on offense. Even if we moved up halfway. The achievement. And if it turns into wins. Go Cowboys I'm excited.
I could imagine that W in terms of improving the offense when you lay it out statistically like you did but I am in public so I better not
:starspin:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I hope that’s not true.