The Cowboys lost this game at 20-13

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
That was a Gutless -SPINELESS -playcall to run a giveup dive to Barber and then kick a FG to make it 20-13.
Parcells played FG ,he got conservative and and it cameback to bite him.
Even the playcalling on the last drive, only taking one shot at the EZ , and the pass they did throw was short to Witten - THAT BALL HAS TO BE IN THE EZ.

* Julius Jones was gutty - and played himself back here, if you don't think so , you're lost. And I'm not fan of his.

* TO is a repulsive loudmouth, overrated ******* - he needs to go. He DID NOTHING. Ansd he's a Coward over the middle.

* Parcells and the whole staff needs to go. 4 years of this 9-7 BS , and chock full of close game chokejobs. For the sake of Karma, he needs to get outta Dallas.

* Terry Glenn is done in Dallas

* Roy Williams got Burnt twice, he needs to be a LB or released. Bradie James covered the TE 40 yds down the field, THAT MORONIC ***clown NEEDS TO STEP UP AND SLAM THE LOUDMOUTH TE FROM SEATTLE...FOOL.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We actually lost the game at 21-20 and 0 seconds on the clock.:cool:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1295606 said:
We actually lost the game at 21-20 and 0 seconds on the clock.:cool:
Why oh why must you bring FACTS to this dicussion?

I swear some people.......;)

Reaction score
I have to agree with the creator of this thread, Parcells should have been more creative with that dumb play call on third down....:mad:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1295597 said:
That was a Gutless -SPINELESS -playcall to run a giveup dive to Barber and then kick a FG to make it 20-13.
Even the playcalling on the last drive, only taking one shot at the EZ , and the pass they did throw was short to Witten - THAT BALL HAS TO BE IN THE EZ.

* Julius Jones was gutty - and played himself back here, if you don't think so , you're lost. And I'm not fan of his.

* TO is a repulsive loudmouth, overrated ******* - he needs to go. He DID NOTHING. Ansd he's a Coward over the middle.

* Parcells and the whole staff needs to go. 4 years of this 9-7 BS , and chock full of close game chokejobs. For the sake of Karma, he needs to get outta Dallas.

* Roy Williams got Burnt twice, he needs to be a LB or released. Bradie James covered the TE 40 yds down the field, THAT MORONIC ***clown NEEDS TO STEP UP AND SLAM THE LOUDMOUTH TE FROM SEATTLE...FOOL.

you need 4-6 inches for a first down, I don't call it gutless to think you can run for it...look how many times Seattle did the very same thing with quite a bit of time left, even on 4th down.

My problem is that the best play in football when you only need inches is and will always be the QB sneak...it is hardly ever stopped when you need only a few inches...if you watch the play, Gurode pushed forward easily and Romo could have easily, very easily, made a yard.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
so we should fire our coaches fire our best offensive players and fire roy williams?

oh ya man, good plan.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We had no sacks. Again. We're a terrible short yardage team of late. We might be the worst first down team in the league.

kramskoi

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1295597 said:

Fourth Quarter / Dallas 17 Seattle 13
Dallas Cowboys continued...
4-8-DAL20 (15:00) M.McBriar punts 62 yards to SEA 18, Center-L.Ladouceur. N.Burleson pushed ob at SEA 31 for 13 yards (K.Burnett).
Seattle Seahawks at 14:48
1-10-SEA31 (14:48) M.Hasselbeck pass deep right intended for D.Hackett INTERCEPTED by R.Williams (T.Newman) at DAL 43. R.Williams ran ob at DAL 43 for no gain. DC #41 Newman tipped ball to DC #31 Williams Play Challenged by SEA and Upheld. (Timeout #1 by SEA at 14:41.)
Dallas Cowboys at 14:41
1-10-DAL43 (14:41) T.Romo pass short middle to J.Jones to DAL 46 for 3 yards (J.Peterson).
PENALTY on DAL-K.Kosier, Illegal Use of Hands, 10 yards, enforced at DAL 43 - No Play.
1-20-DAL33 (14:13) (Shotgun) T.Romo pass short right to T.Glenn to DAL 49 for 16 yards (J.Peterson, L.Hill).
2-4-DAL49 (13:30) J.Jones up the middle to SEA 45 for 6 yards (L.Tatupu).
1-10-SEA45 (12:59) J.Jones left tackle to SEA 27 for 18 yards (B.Fisher).
1-10-SEA27 (12:28) J.Jones right tackle to SEA 24 for 3 yards (J.Peterson).
PENALTY on SEA-C.Darby, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at SEA 24.
1-10-SEA19 (12:01) J.Jones right tackle to SEA 13 for 6 yards (R.Davis).
2-4-SEA13 (11:31) J.Jones up the middle to SEA 10 for 3 yards (M.Boulware). Official measurement

3-1-SEA10 (10:59) M.Barber left guard to SEA 11 for -1 yards (L.Hill, B.Fisher). <---------------
6 straight runs!

4-2-SEA11 (10:19) M.Gramatica 29 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-L.Ladouceur, Holder-T.Romo.
DAL 20 SEA 13, Plays: 8 Yards: 46 Possession: 4:26.

As you can see, six straight running plays. With a beat up Seahawks secondary, you have to wonder about the aggressiveness by the Cowboys here...the score being 17-13 with < 11 minutes to play, i would think you'd want to be more aggressive given the number of possessions so far in the red zone...making it a two possession game would've forced the Seahawks hand...

You have to attack the Seattle secondary on first and second down...they fly to the ball in their nickel defense...it's what they want to force teams into...Dallas played right into their hands too many times...

Dallas never went after these guys vertically on first or second down...protection problems as usual from the O-line probably made this risky and we all know that Parcells likes to play not to lose...

I don't understand the backasward aggressiveness on the hitch to Glenn...go figure!..heck maybe the o-line gives up a safety running the ball anyway...tough loss for the boys, Romo especially...long off season for the lad...he played well enough to give the boys a chance, that's all one can ask...too bad about the snap on the FG try...

In the end, the Cowboys were undone mostly by the O-line which did'nt really get going until the fourth quarter, protection problems once again from a four man line and the Seahawks sit in cover 2 zone/nickel...questionable playcalling once again reared its ugly head...the possession at the Seattle 10 was mishandled, to say the least...they had a chance to bury Seattle but played not to lose...Romo also struggled, missing open receivers and showing bad mechanics/pocket awareness at times...and he fumbled again!...maybe he can clean some of this up by next year...the good news is he did'nt throw an INT...an improvement...

Aikbach

Reaction score
Not scoring the double digit lead taker did haunt them and switch Seattle's attack mode however Dallas accumulated this loss from a bizarre pattern of inept plays mainly from the offensive side of the ball.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
BlueDemon;1295597 said:

That is what they call Marty ball.Marty Schottenheimer conservative football.It is like what Steve Young says,everytime you kick a field goal,you're that much closer to losing.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ratmatt;1296004 said:
That is what they call Marty ball.Marty Schottenheimer conservative football.It is like what Steve Young says,everytime you kick a field goal,you're that much closer to losing.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Once we started playing conservative and went for the three instead of the seven, I figured we'd lose.

Happens almost all the time.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1295597 said:

He did nothing because he got thrown to FOUR TiMES...what can you do with 4 passes thrown to you???????

And for the TG part, he is still good, but has lost a step and should be our #3 WR next year..

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
As angry as Julius was, I woulda left Barber on the bench:bang2:

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I don't think it was a poor move to kick the field goal. Had to take the points.

However, NOT getting the first down on 3rd and 1 was of critical importance. Get a touchdown that drive and the game's over. A field goal left Seattle in the game.

And, as it turned out, they capitalized.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1296047 said:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Once we started playing conservative and went for the three instead of the seven, I figured we'd lose.

Happens almost all the time.
Absolutely. I was madder than a wet hen at Romo for that botched hold, but truth is even if we'd have kicked the FG we'd still have lost. Why you ask? Because if our D was going to hold them until the game ended, they would never have let Shaun Alexander run up the middle for, what was it, 37 yards? on Seattle's last possession. We needed to get a TD and a 2-point to make it a 7 point lead. Holmgren would then have to play for OT since we stopped his other 2-point try.

The game turned on that terrible call of the quick out to Glenn. That play almost never works for any team, especially ours, and if something goes wrong, well you see what happens. This loss belongs to BP...