The Cowboys new punter, do you think we can get draftpick for him in draft?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
The new punter, Sam, cant think of his last name, but right now he is averaging 44 yards punting average, best i remember.

Do you think the Cowboys should sign him after year is over, then trade him during the draft if you can say get a 5th to 7th round draft pick for him.

You then could package that pick, with one of the cowboys higher picks and move up and get a better player
As you know the cowboys have a 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 and possibly 2 to 3 compensation picks.

If the punter can be traded with all pro mcbrair coming back next year, my thinking is you can package him with say a 4th, or 5th, and move up higher in one of those rounds to get a better player.

What do you zoners think?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2384048 said:
The new punter, Sam, cant think of his last name, but right now he is averaging 44 yards punting average, best i remember.

Do you think the Cowboys should sign him after year is over, then trade him during the draft if you can say get a 5th to 7th round draft pick for him.

You then could package that pick, with one of the cowboys higher picks and move up and get a better player
As you know the cowboys have a 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 7, 7 and possibly 2 to 3 compensation picks.

If the punter can be traded with all pro mcbrair coming back next year, my thinking is you can package him with say a 4th, or 5th, and move up higher in one of those rounds to get a better player.

What do you zoners think?

I think we can get a 1st for him...trade him to the Bengals....they could use an extra LB.:lmao2:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
best case scenario is someone signs him during the free agent period and we get a comp pick.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2415599 said:
best case scenario is someone signs him during the free agent period and we get a comp pick.

you have to draft the player in order to get a comp pick.
We would get NOTHING for him, and he's an average punter AT BEST, no one would offer a bucket of chicken wings and a 6 pack of beer let alone a draft pick for him.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
drats, i was hoping at least a 5th to 7th pick, you did know that he is listed on probowl voting right? every draft pick this year that we can get will help move up in the earliers rounds to get some quailty players, we dont need quanity, we need quality players, at least about 5 key players, then this team is loaded

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2416636 said:
drats, i was hoping at least a 5th to 7th pick, you did know that he is listed on probowl voting right? every draft pick this year that we can get will help move up in the earliers rounds to get some quailty players, we dont need quanity, we need quality players, at least about 5 key players, then this team is loaded

Every cowboys player is on the pro-bowl voting I believe, all the starters on their for fan votes, doens't mean anything.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2416492 said:
you have to draft the player in order to get a comp pick.
We would get NOTHING for him, and he's an average punter AT BEST, no one would offer a bucket of chicken wings and a 6 pack of beer let alone a draft pick for him.

you sure on that?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;2419372 said:
Funny, cause i figured the skins would get a comp pick when DHall signs elsewhere

1st off I thought you were referring to us getting a draft pick for our punter, that's what I bet my life on.

I'm 99% positive you have to draft the player in order to get a comp pick, but I'm 100% positive you get NOTHING when you CUT a player and someone else picks him up, and it was the Skins who signed Hall by the way.
Bdon't get ANY comp picks from a player you WILLINGLY CUT, that I would bet my life on also.
Cause if that was the case I'd cut Anthony Henry, Carnter and Spears right now and pick up 3 draft picks. LOL

Yeah, no, if you cut a player you don't get ANYTHING for him, no comp picks, not even a bagel, I'd bet my life on that one.