The Cowboys pass-rush is already better than you think

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I feel like part of the issue is our best d line players only play around 50% of snaps. Having a great pass rush win rate doesn't matter as much when you aren't on the field enough.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Just me but I think this D will fine going forward. Can't put my fingers on it but something happened with them during the Eagles game we hadn't seen all season. Like a light came on or they found the 2018 groove. Now add Bennett, I'd be very surprised if they aren't closer to the top 10 rankings after the next 4-5 games.
You are in for a big disappointment .Until they do it consistently don't count on them.

kskboys

Reaction score
I need to see it to believe it. I have seen Quinn hustle...can't say that for the rest of the DLine.
Nothing to do w/ hustle. Our DT's are grossly undermanned and undertalented. All the hustle in the world won't give you enough talent.

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel like part of the issue is our best d line players only play around 50% of snaps. Having a great pass rush win rate doesn't matter as much when you aren't on the field enough.
Complete opposite of super bowl contenders, especially our 90's super bowl teams. Keep those guys fresh, and they'll produce in the 4th.

That's what NE does. And that's what SEA did in their super bowl winning season.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I bet the last Cowboys game the writer has seen was our dominance a scrub Houston O Line in the preseason, its the only logical explanation.

Creeper

Reaction score
Benson Mayowa and Taco Charlton have more sacks in fewer games than Demarcus Lawrence. Taco has more total tackles than Lawrence too.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Complete opposite of super bowl contenders, especially our 90's super bowl teams. Keep those guys fresh, and they'll produce in the 4th.

That's what NE does. And that's what SEA did in their super bowl winning season.

I didn't say it wasn't a valid strategy. I'm giving a possible reason that have a couple great pass rushers isn't translating in the sack totals. If you want to rotate like that then the backups have to carry their weight as well. The only one backup I've seen making plays is Kerry Hyder.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
they are 17th in sacks,that is low for a team with Dlaw and Quinn but will get better if Quinn stays healthy.
Sacks is mostly a product of a) playing with a lead b) the opposing QB c) the offense's passing game scheme

Doesn't matter who is on your DL if the ball comes out quick every play.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
We have a ton of almost sacks and strips. But I believe it comes from no push in the middle. all a QB has to do is step up and Quinn/ Lawrence fly right by.

This BINGO! Remember about a month ago 2 posters jumped me for saying lets get snacks, they said he would not help the pass rush because he was slow. I said to myself REALLY? he would push the pocket back into the QB and keep him from stepping up and help clog the running game, so guys like Jones would not kill us.

kskboys

Reaction score
Sacks is mostly a product of a) playing with a lead b) the opposing QB c) the offense's passing game scheme

Doesn't matter who is on your DL if the ball comes out quick every play.
Yes, it does. Did you really not see Brady sucking it up in the super bowl?

Big D

Reaction score
i'll believe it when the next rb we face doesn't hang a buck fifty on us.