The Cowboys remain the only team that is perfect against the spread this year

LovinItAll

Reaction score
The Cowboys remain the only team that is 100% against the spread this year.

The Packers are second, failing to cover once.

Everyone else has failed to cover at least twice.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's likely that the Cowboys will be evaluated according to their betting odds being more demanding in the future! :grin:
Each and every win that follows should, probably be conducive of the likelihood that their spread is a tough cover. :omg:

Last edited:

lqmac1

Reaction score
And bettors are usually superstitious and heavily bet on patterns.

I’m sure there’s going to be a few that will lose a lot of money the first time the Cowboys don’t cover.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
And bettors are usually superstitious and heavily bet on patterns.

I’m sure there’s going to be a few that will lose a lot of money the first time the Cowboys don’t cover.

How well a team performs against the spread is a factor (not THE factor) for professional bettors, but turning a profit betting NFL football is very difficult. As far as amateur bettors go, they tend to under-analyze the most important factors in sports betting anyway. Do some factor in a team's performance ats? Probably, but most 'go with their gut'. Then there are people like me: I've been placing the same bet on the Cowboys every week for a very long time. It wasn't always this way, but my Cowboys bet is less than a typical unit. They're the only team I won't bet against and it's b/c they're my favorite team. I don't even factor their bet into my statistics....it's personal, man! haha

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
took Minny +2.5 in our pool yesterday figuring no Dak...LOL, ah well

Maxmadden

Reaction score
How does Vegas get the roster information on who will play? Do they have inside sources that give up that information? Once they set the line in Minnesota's favor do they give Jerry a call and say if you value your kneecaps Dak will sit this week?

LovinItAll

Reaction score
took Minny +2.5 in our pool yesterday figuring no Dak...LOL, ah well

As a valued member of the Cowboy Zone, I’m surprised you didn’t read one of the several posts where I said we were going to win with or without him. I’m right AT LEAST 50% of the time

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
As a valued member of the Cowboy Zone, I’m surprised you didn’t read one of the several posts where I said we were going to win with or without him. I’m right AT LEAST 50% of the time
LOL, I didn't see the win coming with Rush. This win was on our D, and I will gladly put my tail between my legs and accept the loss. More of the concern is my losing my survivor! In the 85 years of Suicide Pools this is likely the first game everybody hedged on the Bungles to win a game and look what happened

LovinItAll

Reaction score
L
LOL, I didn't see the win coming with Rush. This win was on our D, and I will gladly put my tail between my legs and accept the loss. More of the concern is my losing my survivor! In the 85 years of Suicide Pools this is likely the first game everybody hedged on the Bungles to win a game and look what happened

I bet the Cowboys every week to avoid the well-known jinx factor. It’s my smallest bet every week, but still….

I laid off the Bengals -11.5, but it was a last minute decision. I already had 9 bets and still haven’t picked tonight’s game. I never bet the money line on large spreads like that, but I dang sure would’ve picked the Bengals if they’d been a part of my action. Is there any cliche more true than ‘On any given Sunday….’?

Go Cowboys!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
L

I bet the Cowboys every week to avoid the well-known jinx factor. It’s my smallest bet every week, but still….

I laid off the Bengals -11.5, but it was a last minute decision. I already had 9 bets and still haven’t picked tonight’s game. I never bet the money line on large spreads like that, but I dang sure would’ve picked the Bengals if they’d been a part of my action. Is there any cliche more true than ‘On any given Sunday….’?

Go Cowboys!
Most of our pool teams this year were still in the survivor come this week, which is odd. Hasn't been a major upset up until now. Pats, Bungles are traditionally impossible teams to figure out

sunalsorises

Reaction score
This has worked out well for me so far this year because I always take Dallas no matter the points in my pool. I can't get involved with rooting for Dallas to win but not cover. It's the same basic reason I do not like fantasy football.