The Cowboys "Road" to the Super Bowl

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While the Cowboys can still win the division if they win one more game than the Eagles the rest of the way .. in other words, the Eagles have to lose, the reality is that when the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals AND Eagles (in their first game), they handed control of the division to the Eagles, who still have it.

The home winning streak is great, but those kinds of records can motivate opponents in the playoffs, so even if the Cowboys play at home in the playoffs it does not mean they will win those games.

The best thing the Cowboys can do is focus on winning their remaining road games to prepare them for their "road games" path to the Super Bowl.

If it happens that the Cowboys end up winning the division, that would be great, but they do not control that so better to focus on what they can control.

On the bright side, no NFC East team has repeated as division winners since 2004 .. of course it was the Eagles who last did it.

Aven8

Reaction score
While the Cowboys can still win the division if they win one more game than the Eagles the rest of the way .. in other words, the Eagles have to lose, the reality is that when the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals AND Eagles (in their first game), they handed control of the division to the Eagles, who still have it.

The home winning streak is great, but those kinds of records can motivate opponents in the playoffs, so even if the Cowboys play at home in the playoffs it does not mean they will win those games.

The best thing the Cowboys can do is focus on winning their remaining road games to prepare them for their "road games" path to the Super Bowl.

If it happens that the Cowboys end up winning the division, that would be great, but they do not control that so better to focus on what they can control.

On the bright side, no NFC East team has repeated as division winners since 2004 .. of course it was the Eagles who last did it.
It’s and uphill battle for sure. I don’t fret about the AZ loss like many on here. That team is different than the team today. SF lost 3 in a row after clubbing us. This week will be a super test IMO. Buffalo is fighting for their playoff lives and we’re fighting for the division. You can’t get more ready for the playoffs than to play at Buffalo, Miami, and Detroit at home.

As Mike said however, the best thing about this stretch is you still get to play next week unlike the playoffs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I feel much better about our prospects now . This was a signature win for this season. We finally dominated a good team, last years NFC champion who had best record in NFL.

This reinforces some of the Hype this season which I have tried to downplay up until now . Regardless whether we are on the road or at home we appear to be a tough out for anyone.

I certainly will have some level of confidence if we have to go back to Philly . The 49ers have the #1 seed and with their schedule and the level they are playing at expect them to retain it.

And who knows with Egirls . Maybe they will have another loss. They all of a sudden looked not to be so invincible after 2 straight blowout losses.

Detroit doesn’t look as tough anymore either . Maybe they could be upset in 1st round of playoffs and lower seed would play SF #1 seed in Div RD if we are 5th seed.

Much more to be hopeful and optimistic about after this win and how the playoffs and seedings could shake out which NFC championship game could end up in SF.

Even if we lose to SF , who I consider the best team in all of NFL right now , in Champ game that would be progress for the Cowboys finally kicking one door down.

But I don’t imagine anyone really wants to face us in the playoffs as we finally have a good offense and defense not mention a great kicker.

This team appears to be primed to make some
Noise in the playoffs. If you can’t get fired up about our prospects with this team now then I can’t help you. Lol

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Dallas remaining schedule:

at Buffalo
at Miami
vs Detroit
at Washington

Philly remaining schedule:

at Seattle
vs Giants
vs Arizona
at Giants

Dallas is clearly a better team, but the remaining schedules are heavily in favor of Philly winning the division.

bigE79

Reaction score
Dallas remaining schedule:

at Buffalo
at Miami
vs Detroit
at Washington

Philly remaining schedule:

at Seattle
vs Giants
vs Arizona
at Giants

Dallas is clearly a better team, but the remaining schedules are heavily in favor of Philly winning the division.
It's funny,it's wasn't the eagles game I was worried about,it was buffalo, especially now with their playoff hopes in jeopardy.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

They don’t need to be looking at the big picture right now. They need to be focusing on Buffalo and Buffalo only.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It's funny,it's wasn't the eagles game I was worried about,it was buffalo, especially now with their playoff hopes in jeopardy.
Miami is a huge threat as well. Even Detroit.

And we might not win them all. I certainly don’t expect us to. But they are all Playoff contenders and we will get a much better feel of our team than playing Giants , Panthers and Wash for example . Bring it on !! No one should scare us but SF. Lol

quickccc

Reaction score
Miami is a huge threat as well. Even Detroit.

And we might not win them all. I certainly don’t expect us to. But they are all Playoff contenders and we will get a much better feel of our team than playing Giants , Panthers and Wash for example . Bring it on !! No one should scare us but SF. Lol
Then let Lions and Miami prove they can line up and flat beat us - just do not beat ourselves !

No key injuries and not beating ourselves with killer mistakes .... that includes coaches too.
That's all I ask.

it may be surprising but I also place the Washington game as a " trap" game. Why?
Looking back, Washington manages to give us fits when we go to D.C. no matter the QB or HC.

Even super raw Rookie QB Sam Howell did a number on our defense last year. (In D.C.)
it's more about us seemingly letting up when we go On the Road in D.C.

quickccc

Reaction score
whether NFC East division .. or wild card .. the road to the Super Bowl goes thru the Niners, imo.

They are the team that has send us home outta the playoffs 2 years in a row, ..under 2 different QBs.
and both on our own home turf ... as well as on the road, on their turf.

And that blowout loss vs Niners does not dismiss doubts. They present a totally different way of attacking
and scheming than the Eagles.

And their QB now is a much better player than what they had with Grapp in the Shanahan scheme. And they went
to SB vs Chiefs with Grapp.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Great points. If the Cowboys are the #5 seed I’m not that upset. I like having to overcome the odds to win in the playoffs. This Cowboys team is the mentally toughest team we’ve had in years.

After that 42-10 drubbing in SF, the Cowboys are 7-1 and leading the league in scoring. They have shown they can get up off the mat and fight back like very few Cowboys teams of the last decade.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I don't think the Eagles are done losing. They have been exposed and are in a tailspin. They peaked too soon, and the Cowboys are peaking at the right time. That's the way I see it. The Eagles will probably lose against the Seahawks and maybe the Cardinals. I'm not sure where these games will be played but if it's not in Philly, I think they will lose. The Eagles' luck ran out yesterday, they fell behind and the Refs couldn't bail them out.

fivetwos

Reaction score

Didn’t want to say a whole lot on it, but this is why I had a tough time getting excited for last night.

I knew we would beat them, but it likely didn’t matter.

I truly HATE having to feel that way, especially since I think this team is better than the 07 and 16 ones that earned one seeds, but we were gonna be the five seed with a win or a loss last night.

It may not be a death sentence since the first road game will be similar to last year, but barring major upset, there’s no way around beating both SF and Philly on the road to get into the dance.

Negative? Not at all, love our team….but the division was decided when Philly was getting crazy breaks and winning losable games like Buffalo and KC.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Didn’t want to say a whole lot on it, but this is why I had a tough time getting excited for last night.

I knew we would beat them, but it likely didn’t matter.

I truly HATE having to feel that way, especially since I think this team is better than the 07 and 16 ones that earned one seeds, but we were gonna be the five seed with a win or a loss last night.

It may not be a death sentence since the first road game will be similar to last year, but barring major upset, there’s no way around beating both SF and Philly on the road to get into the dance.

Negative? Not at all, love our team….but the division was decided when Philly was getting crazy breaks and winning losable games like Buffalo and KC.
Negative? Yes

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
Philly does not historically play well vs. Seattle. I smell another loss for them.