The Cowboys "Road" to the Super Bowl

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Great points. If the Cowboys are the #5 seed I’m not that upset. I like having to overcome the odds to win in the playoffs. This Cowboys team is the mentally toughest team we’ve had in years.

After that 42-10 drubbing in SF, the Cowboys are 7-1 and leading the league in scoring. They have shown they can get up off the mat and fight back like very few Cowboys teams of the last decade.
This was my thinking. Im all in on our chances so honestly whether are are 5 or 1 doesn’t bother me. I think we can play and take out anyone.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Miami is a huge threat as well. Even Detroit.

And we might not win them all. I certainly don’t expect us to. But they are all Playoff contenders and we will get a much better feel of our team than playing Giants , Panthers and Wash for example . Bring it on !! No one should scare us but SF. Lol
Detroit, in particular Goff, is dreadful on the road.

CCBoy

Reaction score
While the Cowboys can still win the division if they win one more game than the Eagles the rest of the way .. in other words, the Eagles have to lose, the reality is that when the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals AND Eagles (in their first game), they handed control of the division to the Eagles, who still have it.

The home winning streak is great, but those kinds of records can motivate opponents in the playoffs, so even if the Cowboys play at home in the playoffs it does not mean they will win those games.

The best thing the Cowboys can do is focus on winning their remaining road games to prepare them for their "road games" path to the Super Bowl.

If it happens that the Cowboys end up winning the division, that would be great, but they do not control that so better to focus on what they can control.

On the bright side, no NFC East team has repeated as division winners since 2004 .. of course it was the Eagles who last did it.
No, the Cowboys are in first place in the NFC East and have to win their own way from here. That isn't a given no matter what is suggested...4 games remain for the Cowboys and the Eagles. Now, there is no direct proof of either team negotiating that course.

A 4 game run at this point for Dallas is not at all being realistic, except for a pessimist. Dallas is ranked about all four teams remaining and also has more wins than that entire group as well.

I'll still stick to the Cowboys here...

CCBoy

Reaction score
whether NFC East division .. or wild card .. the road to the Super Bowl goes thru the Niners, imo.

They are the team that has send us home outta the playoffs 2 years in a row, ..under 2 different QBs.
and both on our own home turf ... as well as on the road, on their turf.

And that blowout loss vs Niners does not dismiss doubts. They present a totally different way of attacking
and scheming than the Eagles.

And their QB now is a much better player than what they had with Grapp in the Shanahan scheme. And they went
to SB vs Chiefs with Grapp.
(coughing loudly) the road has to go through the team, Dallas Cowboys!

I don't believe in make believing success...the Cowboys just have to win. Not convince any specific fan or group as far as that is concerned.
Don't back into being the best around the block...

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Dallas remaining schedule:

at Buffalo
at Miami
vs Detroit
at Washington

Philly remaining schedule:

at Seattle
vs Giants
vs Arizona
at Giants

Dallas is clearly a better team, but the remaining schedules are heavily in favor of Philly winning the division.
Philly playing Seattle in Seattle makes this game a tossup...12th man and they are on a two game losing streak being smacked both times. Would not shock me to see them get beat there.

CCBoy

Reaction score
They don’t need to be looking at the big picture right now. They need to be focusing on Buffalo and Buffalo only.
They should be knee deep in game plan already and practicing, practicing, practicing...let those non-starters work their butts off to becoming key influences to beat Buffalo. They are a strong team. Take them on and deliver the first punch squarely in their faces.

Reaction score
At some point the Cowboys will have to go on the road and beat a good team. They now a 2 chances coming up to prepare themselves with what's coming in January. If I were McCarthy, I would communicate these 2 games as prep for the playoffs.

bud914

Reaction score
While the Cowboys can still win the division if they win one more game than the Eagles the rest of the way .. in other words, the Eagles have to lose, the reality is that when the Cowboys lost to the Cardinals AND Eagles (in their first game), they handed control of the division to the Eagles, who still have it.

The home winning streak is great, but those kinds of records can motivate opponents in the playoffs, so even if the Cowboys play at home in the playoffs it does not mean they will win those games.

The best thing the Cowboys can do is focus on winning their remaining road games to prepare them for their "road games" path to the Super Bowl.

If it happens that the Cowboys end up winning the division, that would be great, but they do not control that so better to focus on what they can control.

On the bright side, no NFC East team has repeated as division winners since 2004 .. of course it was the Eagles who last did it.
Won't they win the division if the eagles lose to the giants and cowboys lose one game to anyone but Washington

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Won't they win the division if the eagles lose to the giants and cowboys lose one game to anyone but Washington
Yes, or if they lose more than the Cowboys the rest of the season, but that requires the Eagles to lose which the Cowboys do not control, which was my point.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Philly will drop one more. It's up to the Cowboys to take care of their own business.