The Cowboys should rest their starters

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
It makes no sense whatsoever to try and win this game. Rest the starters. Work your *** off next week in preparation. Come out refreshed, and determined. Long season made even longer by the extra game and Covid.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Never end the game on a missed shot. McCarthy is probably thinking never end the season on a flop. He’ll have them come out just to go into the playoffs with some type of momentum.

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Starters for a couple of drives.. anything else is Asinine.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I agree. 1 key injury could ruin everything and it’s stupid we have 17 games now anyways.

Playing the starters is moronic I think. Risking them when you don’t have to.

Carson

Reaction score
That’s not how this works.

We play well against a resting eagles team. Then we still end up with the 4th seed.

We lose next week, Eagles win.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
That’s not how this works.

We play well against a resting eagles team. Then we still end up with the 4th seed.

We lose next week, Eagles win.
I mean, you've been wrong about the division all year but this might be the wildest take yet. Who are the Eagles beating in the playoffs?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
They should play until they find offensive rhythm. But there's still a chance at the 2 seed with a lot of help. Moving the game up to Saturday not knowing the outcomes for the rest of the games probably makes them think twice about resting.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
They will get an extra day’s rest by playing on Saturday. The only guys I rest are guys who have an injury that will be significantly better if rested. We had several teams who got the first week bye yet crapped the bed in the past. I have no confidence that the week off means anything positive for us. Play to win the game, but also play to get the run game going and give a second week to the starting OL playing together.

RaZon

Reaction score
Without question ya rest your starters, this is a meaningless game so why gamble an injury, yep,,,,,ya don't.

Our health heading into the playoffs a really big deal.

If we don't have the X's and 0's down by now,,,,,

Chuck 54

Reaction score
You guys do realize that it’s actually impossible to rest all your starters, right? Even back in the 90’s, during the final game when we had locked up a bye week, only the triplets and maybe an injured or two rested.

Our starting OL played, the other starting receivers and TEs played, the defense, including Deon and Haley, played. You can only rest a few players, so you rest the most important guys.

Most of you already think Dak and Zeke are garbage and that the OL vets are over-rated and that Cooper disappears, why the heck do you want to rest them? What are you saving them for?

Carson

Reaction score
I mean, you've been wrong about the division all year but this might be the wildest take yet. Who are the Eagles beating in the playoffs?
That was more of a facetious take to the posters rest them.

But I wouldn’t be shocked if they knocked of Tampa or LA