The Cowboys should sign Keenum, and let Dak decide what to do next

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, thank you for bringing that to my attention...in 2016 in Dak's rookie year, dak averaged more passing yards than Keenum (your hero)… that's funny....he was heck of a lot better than this has been veteran.....he blew away his QB rating by almost 30 points...holy cow...I didn't realize that.

I think you just made my case for me.... he outplayed a veteran by a mile and half

in 2017 keenum threw only about 330 more yards... woohoo...lets all jump up and down together...….lets celebrate the greatness that's keenum….

oh, you suck at this....you are sinking yourself in quick sand head first

At least my facts are accurate. And I have the year right.

Hang your head.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak threw for more yards and TDs and fewer INT’s as a rookie during his 13-3 season than Keenum during his 13-3 season in Minnesota. Plus Keenan was in his 6th year when he led the Vikings to that 13-3 season. Dak had 13 INT’s to Keenum’s 7 this past season because he attempted 596 passes compared to only 247 attempts for Keenum. Keenum played in only 10 games. Boy did you just get shot down. lol

My comparison was based on both players 2017 season.

If anybody got 'shot down' it was those who can't handle that truth.

Keep moving those goal posts.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And he fell off in every other category besides total yardage. His QBR plummeted, his completion % dropped, he threw only 3 more TDs (18) than INTs (15) ...

Yes he did. But you said he never came close again. In 16 starts, he did. In fact he had more passing yardage. That's my point.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
My comparison was based on both players 2017 season.

If anybody got 'shot down' it was those who can't handle that truth.

Keep moving those goal posts.

We had nothing but turmoil during the 2017 season. Zeke being suspended was hanging over our heads from the start of training camp through the first part of the regular season. When he was suspended for six games we fell apart due to poor coaching. Our OL fell apart when Tyron went down. The entire coaching staff should’ve been fired thinking Chaz Green could hold up. Our D fell apart when Sean Lee went down. The 2017 season was one of the worst coaching jobs ever. Stop diverting and answer the question do you think case Keenum would be a better option at QB than Dak?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
easy...negotiations are ongoing....brees is not signed. brady is not signed....the FA hasn't even started!!!

Well, as I said, I am not closed to any options and as I've also said, I would love to see the team go out and get an experienced FA so I'm not opposed to either of those two. However, Brady has said that he's not going anywhere and Breeze, he's probably more suited to the vertical.

I will say this, Keenum played for 3 mil and change last year. Brady and Brees were significantly more expensive then that. The question would be, are you willing to sign either one of those two QBs and be good with that because that probably means that you don't bring Dak back. Brady is going to cost north of 30 mil IMO. He's not signing on a prove it deal. Brees is not signing for less then 25 mil, which is what he was playing for in Nola. We know that Dak has reportedly already turned down 35 mil so I don't see that math here. In order to sign one of those guys and keep Dak, you would looking at something in excess of 60 mil at one position, against the cap. I don't see how that works. To me, if you decide to go that route, you are basically saying that you are cutting Dak loose. I don't think that's how the team wants this to work but sure, if we are signing one of those guys and Drafting a young QB, sure. That's fine and I would support it if that's what the team wanted to do. Is that what your preference would be?

I'm more about signing somebody who can start for us if we don't get Dak done, somebody who can be a quality backup for us and can step in to a brand new Offense and make it work and somebody who's cap number is manageable if we end up in a situation where Dak sits out camp, the preseason and the first part of the regular season. I can see this being the strategy for Dak and his camp. If that's the case, then we need somebody who can do all those things but also a salary that we can carry. That, to me, is not Brady or Brees.

JMO

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
That’s the opinion of everyone who knows football. No surprise you have a differing opinion you would rather have Mr gadget man Taysom Hill over Dak. Lol Dak isn’t signed so the only solution is to franchise him until a deal is worked out.

OK, you've crossed the stupid line. We're done with this. Have a good weekend.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
OK, you've crossed the stupid line. We're done with this. Have a good weekend.

You said the other day you would love Taysom Hill as our QB rather than resigning Dak, did you not?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You said the other day you would love Taysom Hill as our QB rather than resigning Dak, did you not?

Really, show me where I said that. I said I do love Hill but I never said anything about signing him and starting him over Prescott. That's BS you are making up to try and take this thread down a bad path. I specifically said as an option for developmental. IE, if you can't draft a kid who can possibly be your guy or your backup at least, then he is an option.

It's cool, you knew this or you should have. We're done.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so vance joseph is an A*** show, but Garrett an Linehan are great measuring stick...LOL...too funny....you have been one of the biggest linehan, garrett critics.....but hey lets excuse keenum for bad coaching, but lets ignore that for dak...it doesn't count

I'm not ignoring that at all. Grab your panties, remove them from your crack. Be rational.

You're talking it as some slight against Dak that I don't consider Keenum some total scrub.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We had nothing but turmoil during the 2017 season. Zeke being suspended was hanging over our heads from the start of training camp through the first part of the regular season. When he was suspended for six games we fell apart due to poor coaching. Our OL fell apart when Tyron went down. The entire coaching staff should’ve been fired thinking Chaz Green could hold up. Our D fell apart when Sean Lee went down. The 2017 season was one of the worst coaching jobs ever. Stop diverting and answer the question do you think case Keenum would be a better option at QB than Dak?

The only guy 'diverting' here is you. I stated the fact that Keenum had a better 2017 and yiu can't handle that. That's your issue to deal with.

Your double standards are on full display when you make every excuse in the book for Dak while throwing your same book at Keenum. I guess excuses only work in one direction?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You’re right, and I hadn’t looked super closely at his 2019 until recently... but he wasn’t bad at all. As a matter of fact, as we know Dak was a below average QB when not playing the Commanders and Giants this year it wouldn’t surprise me if the biggest difference between the two this year was that Keenum didn’t play his own defense this year. I would like to run the numbers against their common opponents.
as we know? who is we? its as you claim in your opinion...your welcome for me correcting you...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm not ignoring that at all. Grab your panties, remove them from your crack. Be rational.

You're talking it as some slight against Dak that I don't consider Keenum some total scrub.
oh, am I must be getting under your skin. the first sign is one resorst to name calling because they feel they are losing and have to get confrontational and its a sign of desparation....I can understand your desparation

Doomsday101

Reaction score
This is a long threat on something that is not going to happen. lol Dallas has every intent on getting Dak signed, people can like it or not that is their own choice.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
oh, am I must be getting under your skin. the first sign is one resorst to name calling because they feel they are losing and have to get confrontational and its a sign of desparation....I can understand your desparation

It's desperation.

And what name did I call you?

And again, at least I can keep the years straight.

:lmao:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I posted his stats. Talk about what's there rather then trying to everybody what I'm trying to say. I am saying what I think. What you are doing right now is trying to create a narrative. You gotta work with what you have available in FA and through the draft. I can't pick the QB to bring in because that guy might not be available. I mean, if you have a better option, lets talk about it but here's the thing, don't try and tell me what I'm saying. That's not gonna work. That's only going to start us down the wrong path. I mean, I've been pretty clear on what I think we should do on this thing. But I'm willing to listen and discuss options. Right now, Dak is not one of them because he isn't signed so yeah, that's where I think we are.
great, you posted the stats and based on those craappy numbers you still think he is a good QB?

what we have available is Dak, with the option to franchise him, negotations are on going. FA period hasn't fully begun....and it keeps sounding more and more you are hoping, wishing, wanting for the Dak negotations not to work out.....you have chosen to say, Dak is no longer and option so we have to look elsewhere, that elsewhere is Keenum and Keenum is better than Dak anyway.....

your line of argument is very childish.....5th gradish

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Cowboys should get Case Keenum and give him a four year deal.
He would be an upgrade immediately, and at worst would solidify the Cowboys at quarterback if they do eventually sign Dak.
Phillip Rivers is also available, and is an upgrade.
Ryan Tannehill is available.
The Cowboys don't have to be in this soap opera with a guy who went 8-8 but wants to be paid like he is a proven winner.
Signing a veteran like Keenum- who has been a winner- would likely change Dak's attitude towards a new contract.
But I believe that the Cowboys would make it to the NFC Championship game next year with a guy like Keenum under center.

You are the only one making this a soap opera you and those who just do not want Dak as QB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a long threat on something that is not going to happen. lol Dallas has every intent on getting Dak signed, people can like it or not that is their own choice.

Maybe it's simply hedging your bets and at worst having a much improved backup quarterback situation? If and when that long term deal with Prescott gets done of course.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
great, you posted the stats and based on those craappy numbers you still think he is a good QB?

what we have available is Dak, with the option to franchise him, negotations are on going. FA period hasn't fully begun....and it keeps sounding more and more you are hoping, wishing, wanting for the Dak negotations not to work out.....you have chosen to say, Dak is no longer and option so we have to look elsewhere, that elsewhere is Keenum and Keenum is better than Dak anyway.....

your line of argument is very childish.....5th gradish

Pot meet kettle.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The only guy 'diverting' here is you. I stated the fact that Keenum had a better 2017 and yiu can't handle that. That's your issue to deal with.

Your double standards are on full display when you make every excuse in the book for Dak while throwing your same book at Keenum. I guess excuses only work in one direction?
ok, he may have had slightly better 2017 season...with heck of a lot more support, so lets not forget, but what about the other years? should we for your sake conveniently dismiss and forget those....again, he was slightly better in 2017....and he had the #1 defense and #1 scoring defense