Twitter: The Cowboys Top 10 Cap Hits For 2022

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I don't know that I agree with this. He is not without warts but I would totally take his performance \ pay combination for this past season. I mean he was your starter and played starter reps. He also did play pretty well & make some plays. When I look at the cornerback contract list, I think he's better than most if not all of the veterans that make in that same neighborhood. I mean you got guys making $10MM + that I wouldn't take over him. If I knew how to get the chart posted I would. Bottom line though, whoever the top cornerbacks are, they aren't 3x better than Brown. (3 CB's avg more than $19MM\year).
See what your saying. Diggs and Joseph are pretty cheap. I am a Brown fan. I don’t think he is a star but he is a decent player. Great for a 6th rounder. That he showed up on that lust was shocking to me.

Creeper

Reaction score
Here's a list of 10 players who would save the most money off the books if released or traded before June 1st.
  • Amari Cooper – $16 million
  • DeMarcus Lawrence – $8 million
  • Tyron Smith – $5.4 million
  • Anthony Brown – $5 million
  • Blake Jarwin – $ 3.8 million
  • Zack Martin – $3.14 million
  • Connor McGovern – $2.54 million
  • Greg Zuerlein – $2.4 million
  • Jourdan Lewis – $2.3 million
  • Tarell Basham – $1.7 million
Here are the top-10 player-savings for post June 1 cuts:
  • Amari Cooper – $20 million
  • DeMarcus Lawrence – $19 million
  • Tyron Smith – $13.5 million
  • Zack Martin – $11.8 million
  • La'el Collins – $10 million
  • Anthony Brown – $5 million
  • Blake Jarwin – $ 4.8 million
  • Jourdan Lewis – $3.4 million
  • Connor McGovern – $2.54 million
  • Greg Zuerlein – $2.4 million
  • Tarell Basham – $1.7 million
The big differences here on this list are Lawrence, whose savings jumps from $8 million to $19 million. And there's La'el Collins, who wasn't even on the previous list, since his savings before June 1 would only be around $1.7 million. But if they did it after June 1, it'd be $10 million.

And with Terence Steele proving to be a capable starter on the right side, it would be something to consider, especially if they don't do anything with Tyron Smith's contract.

The problem with post June 1 cuts, as others have pointed out, is the cave relief does not come until post June 1. The Cowboys need to clear CAP space to get under the CAP in March and then clear enough space to re-sign their own free agents before someone else signs them. Clearing CAP space with post-June 1 cuts, and there can only be 2, would be to make room for future moves.

I think their best bet is to restructure some of these contracts to create about $30 million in CAP room and then sign a few of their own players, but only 1 of the tier one free agents.

The cut they should consider is Anthony Brown. It is only $5 million but it helps. And they have Kelvin Joseph to take his place. I think Joseph will be at least as good as Brown.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
After a very inconsistent season, Cooper’s long-term future w/Dallas is reportedly a discussion. Coop had the second-worst statistical season of his career, catching just 68 passes for 865 yards.

Coop did score eight td's, which tied his career-high, but far too often in the second half of the season he was just a non-factor in many games. Jerry's furious. I would too if I was paying our supposedly #1 a hundred million.
I feel her pain.
That's me dear! ;)

Last edited:

willia451

Reaction score
Just release everybody. The whole damn thing. Coaching staff included. Start over. After 26 years of FAIL there is nothing more to be salvaged.

Play scrubs. Go 0-17 this coming season and 0-17 the next until we are 200+ million under the cap. Then give it a go with a real GM and HC.

Hell. Just forfeit every game. Don't even show up. Or just send the punter out and punt every play if we must.

This level of FAIL is absurd. It's not even Detroit level. It's worse.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score
That's me dear! ;)
Jeolous I wasn
After a very inconsistent season, Cooper’s long-term future w/Dallas is reportedly a discussion. Coop had the second-worst statistical season of his career, catching just 68 passes for 865 yards.

Coop did score eight td's, which tied his career-high, but far too often in the second half of the season he was just a non-factor in many games. Jerry's furious. I would too if I was paying our supposedly #1 a hundred million.
That's me dear! ;)
Wish you could have gone to a better game.Your face says it all.

Cboyfan4ever

Reaction score

That's me dear! ;)
Coop had a down season , but was open often and didn’t get the ball.Dak seems to be questioning himself, lacking confidence,afraid to let it rip downfield.

Brax

Reaction score

Everyone except Dak and Zeke should be traded or cut so next year there will be room to start a new chapter. Clear the cap and dead money this year and take the lumps. Zeke goes next year Dak is here for the foreseeable future and this is not a championship team but Jerry does so not much will change.

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score
I doubt Brown is here at a 6.5mil cap hit one way or another.

Last year of his extension, backloaded deal of course.

Yeah Brown is gone.

And we drafted Joseph in the 2nd to be our #2.