"The Cowboys would likely turn to rookie Joseph Randle"

dewby

Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ware-demarco-murray-dallas-cowboys-likely-out

Why would we not go with Tanner?? To be honest, I've liked how Tanner's looked every time he's touched the ball the past three seasons. Runs with a lot of speed, and intensity. Never gives up, and from what I can see, we have no reason to believe he will be one to give the ball up.

I'm just not exactly sure about how I feel giving all of the work to a rookie. I see critical mistakes being made, which... as we all know in this game, are going to be very significant to the outcome.

And this, I know, has absolutely nothing to do with him as a RB, but - Doesn't he kind of look like a safety, or a corner, or DB to any of you? Lol, not sure why I feel like that, but when I was looking at him last game, I just feel like he doesn't look anything at all like a RB, and should be somewhere on the defensive side of the ball.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The story says Randle but your title says Dunbar.
If Murray cannot play against the Eagles, the Cowboys would turn to rookie Joseph Randle, who had 11 carries for 17 yards and a touchdown against Washington. Lance Dunbar didn't play Sunday because of a hamstring strain, and Phillip Tanner had one carry for 2 yards.

dewby

Reaction score
Oh, yeah. lol

Meant to say Randle... dunno why I put Dunbar.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'd like to see Randle get the nod. Didn't we draft him because he's very similar to Murray and can fill in for Murray when (not if) he gets injured? So this is exactly what we drafted Randle for. You can always rely on Murray for 8 solid games a season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I personally think with Tanner you get the 2 or 3 yards here and there. I just don't see much in him. As a situational running back I think he'd be better suited. I think Randle has a better chance at taking off for more than 2 or 3 yard runs.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I don't think they like Tanner as a receiver out if the backfield. I think that's why they will go to Randle. He has more speed and wiggle and they probably hope he can be a factor on screens and out in space where a guy like Tanner is not a wiggle kinda guy. They will probably use Tanner in short yardage

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tanner dropped to 4th string a couple weeks ago. If it wasn't for the injuries to Dunbar and now Murray I think he would have already been cut. He runs hard but is limited with little vision.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tanner dropped to 4th string a couple weeks ago. If it wasn't for the injuries to Dunbar and now Murray I think he would have already been cut. He runs hard but is limited with little vision.

Yes, lack of "vision" appears to be Tanner's biggest issue.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Randle looked horribly undersized last night in that game. I'm not real excited about him at this point.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Randle looked horribly undersized last night in that game. I'm not real excited about him at this point.

Lol he's played 4 quarters and had limited touches. You complain about every player. Give the guy a week to prepare and see how he does.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
We've seen what tanner can do. Be a 3rd string rb. Let's see what randle can do. Guy was unbelievably durable in college. Give him the nod

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I don't think they like Tanner as a receiver out if the backfield. I think that's why they will go to Randle. He has more speed and wiggle and they probably hope he can be a factor on screens and out in space where a guy like Tanner is not a wiggle kinda guy. They will probably use Tanner in short yardage

I can live with this. Use them both, but use Tanner for short yardage and goal line.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Lol he's played 4 quarters and had limited touches. You complain about every player. Give the guy a week to prepare and see how he does.

No, I don't complain about every player. I was at the game last night with a friend and we both agreed he looked undersized and slow to hit the holes. I could be wrong about him and believe me, I hope I am.Kindly note he had a 1.5 average per carry after 11 touches last night. I hope he tears it up against Philly but I am worried about our running game going into that game.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No, I don't complain about every player. I was at the game last night with a friend and we both agreed he looked undersized and slow to hit the holes. I could be wrong about him and believe me, I hope I am.Kindly note he had a 1.5 average per carry after 11 touches last night. I hope he tears it up against Philly but I am worried about our running game going into that game.

And 4 touches were at the end trying to protect the ball and 3 other on the goal line

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Again, hope he does well against the Eagles but he surely didn't look good against Washington. That is just the truth.

How is that the truth? He's played 1 game had a nice catch a nice run and a TD and protected the ball? And showed up in pass protection. I think there is plenty of positive in his play and I bet the coaches film will say the same thing

links18

Reaction score
"Lack of Visison" is the problem for every RB fans don't like.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I think there is plenty of positive in his play and I bet the coaches film will say the same thing

I bet they will too since he and Tanner are our only RB's right now. Apparently we watched 2 different players because Randle was not impressive out there at all and neither was his 1.5 yards per carry against a horrible defense.