"The Cowboys would likely turn to rookie Joseph Randle"

Cowgal

Reaction score
My biggest concern with Randle is pass protection. Can he block long enough to keep Romo from getting killed?

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
the eagles dont get pass rush even when they send the house. im from around here and their defense is really really bad.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Sorry to be a drag, but as all you draft guys know.

Jonathan Bales the guru from dallas cowboys times has said:

Negatives:
1) Randle has kinda poor speed. I think in the very late 4.4s but mostly 4.5-4.65 40 time, mostly closer to the late 4.5s. Not good for a RB.
2) Randle has kinda poor burst. As far as quickness vs. speed. I guess shuttle times etc. were average. I know you guys, like me, want Randle to succeed. Then you see Randle hit the line and he's slow moving.
3) Randle is like 6-1, 210? ... No power to overcome his lack of height/speed etc. .. Dang Randle is almost like a WR.
5) Bales has said there are about no RBs with the measurables of Randle that, in the last decade, had been any kind of productive RB.

Positives:
1) Nice shiftiness, if he can make it to the next level. Like he did at Okla State.
2) Awareness blocking in the blitz. QB protection.
3) Nice awareness and hands as a receiver.

Yesterday: 11 carries 17 yards.

I don't think Randle will get any better. A high-cut RB we got because we thought he could protect Tony.

Thank you Jerry and Cowboys drafters! ..

Cowboys skew to drafting players near to Texas. Just like drafting T. Will vs. Keenan Allen this year. Lots of others like that.

I don't see what the problem is with the Twill pick? How many players has Dallas actually drafted out of Texas the last 6-7 years?