The Crops are Planted

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've always loved this time of year for the franchise. The scouts are like a farmer who has just put in a great deal of work to get his crops planted. Now we can take a short pause to rest before we change gears. In short order, it will be time for the coaching staff to take over, getting the crop raised and to market. The coach's guidance, tending to this new potential bounty, so much possibility. The hard work has just begun...

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Like with the scouts, the real hard, farmwork starts in the fall and winter. I'm sure those folks put in long hours scurrying all over the planet looking for talent.

nobody

Reaction score
I've always loved this time of year for the franchise. The scouts are like a farmer who has just put in a great deal of work to get his crops planted. Now we can take a short pause to rest before we change gears. In short order, it will be time for the coaching staff to take over, getting the crop raised and to market. The coach's guidance, tending to this new potential bounty, so much possibility. The hard work has just begun...

It's a nice time for sure but doesn't quite match up to the excitement right before training camp starts, you know?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
11 draft picks and 13 UDFAs, that's a haul. The coaches will have their hands full weeding through this bunch. Not everyone will make the cut but for those that do, I think they are a good start at fixing this team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's a nice time for sure but doesn't quite match up to the excitement right before training camp starts, you know?
Oh, there is excitement in the air just before training camp, for sure. I just like to pause before then to think about what just happened and what's about to happen.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The talent that has been collected will be seen, tested and prepared for their development to be tended to, just like a farmer tends to his crops. Hopefully they'll get familiarized with the system quickly enough to be duly noticed, if the talent is there, as it seems to be.

There's no denying that the defense should be given every opportunity to get enough attention to augment their development. I'm sure that's what the staff is counting on, for a team that needs it so desperately. Of course, it's just a matter of time for those seeds to take root. I can't wait to see that come about. Ours is a defense that should be energized with the talent at hand. Our coaches have plenty of work to do. Let's hope it goes well. o_O

Last edited:

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
It seems as if old Glory should be rising with fireworks in the background after that speech:)

Cheers to a bountiful harvest:flagwave:go Cowboys!!!