News: The Dallas Cowboys are now litmus test for rest of the NFL

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are now litmus test for rest of the NFL
http://thelandryhat.com/2016/11/28/dallas-cowboys-litmus-test-for-rest-nfl/

The Dallas Cowboys have earned the right to be the litmus test for the rest of the NFL the remainder of this 2016 season.

All season long pundits have been screaming that the Dallas Cowboys haven’t faced anybody of merit during their long winning streak. After a convincing win against their rival the Washington Commanders, the Cowboys now deserve to be the litmus test for the rest of the league.

I am sure for the majority of Cowboys fans that the narrative of their team not beating anybody noteworthy has grown old. After-all, the team can only play who is on their schedule. The Cowboys are taking each game one step at a time, and they are simply dominating the NFL. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Commanders, Browns, Ravens, Steelers, Bengals, Bears, or Eagles. The Cowboys simply find a way to win.

There is a saying that good teams win the games they should, and the Cowboys do that, and they do it very well. Every team in the league knows what the Cowboys’ identity is, yet they can’t stop it. Dallas is going to play smash-mouth football on offense with their NFL-best running attack, and a bend but don’t break style of defense.

The Cowboys limit turnovers and mistakes, and they wear you down and force you into submission. It’s truly a thing of beauty and one of the best recipes in this teams history.

The media and the rest of the pundits are going to have to start giving Dallas the respect they have earned, and admit that the Cowboys are now the test for the rest of the teams that face them. Dallas is this years gold-standard, and they appear geared up for a deep playoff run this year.

This young Cowboys team has passed every test they have faced since week one, and in many cases did it with flying colors. This team is a very tight-knit unit that fights from whistle-to-whistle and plays for one another. It’s a truly remarkable run they are on, and it appears they could still possibly get better.

As the calendar turns to December – and the teams come down the home stretch – the Cowboys will continue their consistent play on the 1st against the Minnesota Vikings. Another tough defensive hurdle in the way of this Cowboys team, but as we have seen in the last few weeks that wont phase this confident group.

As the weather gets cold, and the conditions play more of a factor in these close, playoff-like games, I expect the Cowboys to show why they are built for when it counts more than anything else. Their ground-and-pound approach, and arguably best backfield depth in the league will begin to payoff in a big way.

Simply put, the Dallas Cowboys are just heating up and the rest of the league is in for a tough outing if they are unfortunate enough to have the Cowboys on their remaining schedule.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I know falcon fans that swear they'd hang 40 on Dallas in the playoffs at AT&T

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are now litmus test for rest of the NFL

Simply put, the Dallas Cowboys are just heating up and the rest of the league is in for a tough outing if they are unfortunate enough to have the Cowboys on their remaining schedule.

This covers it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agreed. I am starting to believe there is not a Club in the NFL that the Cowboys can´t compete with...including the Patriots.

I'm starting to believe it as well, although I'll be satisfactorily convinced when they prove it. I'm stoked about our Boys, regardless, though.:thumbup:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm excited but tempered. The Super Bowl and winning is what determines whether a team can be truly immortalized as great for its season. All these "the Cowboys are the team to beat, the gold-standard, etc." will mean nothing if we don't finish the deal.

Reaction score
I know falcon fans that swear they'd hang 40 on Dallas in the playoffs at AT&T
With no pass rush, they would likely be correct.

To beat the Falcons, we would have to run the ball down their throat for 200+ yards and maintain the ball for 35-40 minutes. Luckily, we have the team to do just that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We've got a team that can beat any team in the NFC. We've also got a defense that can get us beat by several of the good teams in the conference. Getting Mo back and playing like he did early would go a long way for my confidence for the post season. Short of that, I think we're eventually in for some dicey games. As good as the team is and as well as things are going, we still lack a lot in terms of defensive talent.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I'm excited but tempered. The Super Bowl and winning is what determines whether a team can be truly immortalized as great for its season. All these "the Cowboys are the team to beat, the gold-standard, etc." will mean nothing if we don't finish the deal.
The defense is a little troubling.

aikemirv

Reaction score
The defense is a little troubling.

Defense scares me as well. If we meet a high powered air attack in the playoffs it will be scary.

I would actually like playing a tough D like Seattle than playing an air attack like Washington or Atlanta. I am hoping Washington falls apart and does not make the playoffs. Right now I see them as the 6th seed and if we were the first seed we would possibly have to play them again.

I am sure there is a way that Atlanta and Washington would have to face each other and then the winner would have to play Seattle. I want that to play out if Washington gets in!

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Don't worry. Next test will be the Vikings. Then they will say the next test will be the Giants, then the Bucs. This keeps on going until we eventually will lose one game and then they all will come out of their holes to tell you: "I told you so", "Dak will fail", "Wentz is better" etc.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why wouldn't they hang 40 on this D? As long as we hang 42 on them, it's all good.
Some of the best offenses in the league hasn't scored over 30 on this defense. Number 2 offense in the league only scored 26

MileyDancer

Reaction score
http://i1243.***BLOCKED***/albums/gg554/mileydancer/ZomboDroid28112016111226_zpsa5bcxs2v.jpg

rynochop

Reaction score
I started getting annoyed at Terrance Williams again reading that

TheHerd

Reaction score
Some of the best offenses in the league hasn't scored over 30 on this defense. Number 2 offense in the league only scored 26

True, but 20 in the 4th quarter. I know the pts against isn't too bad, but I can't help thinking an all out scoring frenzy is on the horizon for this D. Wash has well documented issues converting to TDs, in fact they are only 9th I'm scoring.Atl has no such problem and they've scored 78 more pts than Wash.

windjc

Reaction score
Atlanta will lose to the Seahawks, so not sure why we are worried about them. We will play Lions, Giants, Skins or Bucs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree with the timing. In hindsight, I believe Dallas became the litmus test after beating Pittsburgh.

I respected how the team traded blows back-and-forth with Pittsburgh moreso than against Washington. Cousins outthrew Roethlisberger but I lean more towards the former Super Bowl winning quarterback's efforts. Washington missed two field goals and left six points on the field but the Dallas defense stiffened enough to prevent the Steelers from converting three 2-point conversion attempts--which I think were more difficult (even though one of the Washington field goal attempts was plus-50 yards to be fair). It's probably just me but I think the team's win over the Steelers made the greater league-wide statement.