CFZ The Dallas Cowboys were in the bottom 5 NFL teams to spend money

Sully

Reaction score
The sting of losing ONCE AGAIN and not even getting to a NFC title game lingers on. While the Cowboys, Commanders and Lions are the only teams not playing in a NFC title game in 30 years, getting Dan Quinn does remove some of that "ouch".

While the crucifying of Dak Prescott continues, lets just say the obvious what majority of Dallas fans have been saying......The real problem is the GM

Pride goes before destruction as the bible states and this statement can't be more true. Jerry Jones is one stubborn / prideful man. The examples are many and one big one is that Jimmy Johnson is in the Hall of Fame but not in the Ring of Honor.

With that said, the Eagles spent in the offseason, while the Cowboys got cheap. Removed Amari Cooper for a James Washington which was one of the big stupid things Jones has done. This team really had no WR2 or WR3. Gallup played like a WR4 and Noah Brown was barely a WR3.
And like at the end of the season when Jerry Jones was searching frantically to find a CB2 off the street, the same was true trying to find that WR2 off the street also.

So to my post of BOTTOM 5....the Dallas Cowboys were in the bottom 5 NFL teams to spend money and though this team actually got further than last season with at least a single playoff win, the cheapest of Jerry Jones showed up and it has been bash Prescott Festival. Rightly so but when you really only have one WR to throw too (yes, Prescott had WR open and/or he forced or couldn't see the field) PLUS a RB that could only get you 2 yards and a cloud of dust, the weapons were limited.

I thought this team could get to a Superbowl with Romo and obviously didn't happen. I had that same position with Prescott. Don't get rid of him because you can't with this salary. This isn't the NBA where you can swoop contracts for another QB. Dak is not Burrow or Mahomes, but still believe this team can get to a SB with Dak IF IF IF you get him weapons and a BETTER OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR !

This team still runs the Jason Garrett type offense and as opposing teams say, the Cowboys are very predictable. The offense runs GIMMICK plays and has no anchor to go to when necessary. The Cowboys of the 90s ran the LEAD DRAW and it was their bread and butter when they needed it, this team needs an offensive identity and not gimmicks

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Jerry doesn't run his team like he owns it. When he owns the team, his marketing etc is top notched. He doesn't allow personal feelings to intervene. However; when he GMs his team, he runs it just like you or me or reality would. Like a fan. He allows his emotions for players he likes, coaches, etc to cross paths with what the team needs. If he's going to pay a head coach, he needs to turn it over to the head coach. Don't put your little ideas in the mix, they've never worked in the past so stay out of it and allow Mike to hire/ his own coaches, pick his own players to suit his style of play. Doesn't matter who the player/coach is.

He can have his meaningless GM title all he wants, but until he at least does this, we'll continue to talk the same talk year by year until he's laid up in some retirement home somewhere worrying about what time it is.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The sting of losing ONCE AGAIN and not even getting to a NFC title game lingers on. While the Cowboys, Commanders and Lions are the only teams not playing in a NFC title game in 30 years, getting Dan Quinn does remove some of that "ouch".

While the crucifying of Dak Prescott continues, lets just say the obvious what majority of Dallas fans have been saying......The real problem is the GM

Pride goes before destruction as the bible states and this statement can't be more true. Jerry Jones is one stubborn / prideful man. The examples are many and one big one is that Jimmy Johnson is in the Hall of Fame but not in the Ring of Honor.

With that said, the Eagles spent in the offseason, while the Cowboys got cheap. Removed Amari Cooper for a James Washington which was one of the big stupid things Jones has done. This team really had no WR2 or WR3. Gallup played like a WR4 and Noah Brown was barely a WR3.
And like at the end of the season when Jerry Jones was searching frantically to find a CB2 off the street, the same was true trying to find that WR2 off the street also.

So to my post of BOTTOM 5....the Dallas Cowboys were in the bottom 5 NFL teams to spend money and though this team actually got further than last season with at least a single playoff win, the cheapest of Jerry Jones showed up and it has been bash Prescott Festival. Rightly so but when you really only have one WR to throw too (yes, Prescott had WR open and/or he forced or couldn't see the field) PLUS a RB that could only get you 2 yards and a cloud of dust, the weapons were limited.

I thought this team could get to a Superbowl with Romo and obviously didn't happen. I had that same position with Prescott. Don't get rid of him because you can't with this salary. This isn't the NBA where you can swoop contracts for another QB. Dak is not Burrow or Mahomes, but still believe this team can get to a SB with Dak IF IF IF you get him weapons and a BETTER OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR !

This team still runs the Jason Garrett type offense and as opposing teams say, the Cowboys are very predictable. The offense runs GIMMICK plays and has no anchor to go to when necessary. The Cowboys of the 90s ran the LEAD DRAW and it was their bread and butter when they needed it, this team needs an offensive identity and not gimmicks
I agree your overall premise. Jerry is the big issue. Especially for the zeke debacle.

i liked 80% of what they did in the off-season. Should have spent more on incoming fa’s. The cowboys success this year I think underscores thar. This was a transition year more towards youth and it worked.
cooper you cannot pay 22 million to. I liked the move shiort of the trade return.

moore Needs To go but more so for a breath of fresh air. i Just get worried he will bring in another fledgling.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
As long as he's here, Jerry's not going anywhere.
So complaining about him doesn't do anything but continue the cycle of hopelessness many Cowboys fans feel.

Then what do we need to do to make a Super Bowl run?
-Get a better offensive coordinator. We're not going anywhere with Kellen Moore. How many players need to tell us that our schemes are vanilla and basic before Jerry gets it. We need a OC who can play to Dak's strengths. If you know he's prone to panic against the better teams, do like Parcells used to do: put the game in the hands of your running backs and call low-risk pass plays and make the game long.
-Strengthen the defense. The fortunate news is that Dan Quinn is coming back. He worked a miracle with this defense. A few more pieces via the draft and free agency, and we may not even have to worry about the offense losing the game for us again.
-Play your best players. This is one thing Jimmy Johnson did well. He didn't care if you were a veteran or a rookie. If you helped him win, you're on the field. We should have played Pollard more. I don't know why we're saving players, unless they're not healthy.
-Create competition at EVERY position. Remove the sacred cows. Let everyone, including Dak, know that they can lose their starting position by poor practice and poor play. You've got to create an edge.
-Create a tougher identity. Jimmy did this. Dan Campbell is doing it. Everyone laughed at Campbell when he talked about biting knees and drew other ridiculous analogies. But behind it all, he was telling his team, we're going to be scrappy even if we may not be good. And you can see the change in the Lions towards the end of the season. I wouldn't be surprised if they take their division next season. Teams feel we're too soft. Fortunately, Quinn has changed that on defense. Micah Parsons is also changing that. We need a Michael Irvin and Troy Aikman on our offense, someone who doesn't pat guys on the butt for mistakes but chews them out and remind them if they don't want to play the asthma field is over there. A player has to do it because I don't think Mike McCarthy has it in him.

These things are doable. Wishing Jerry changes is futile.

Davidlee1973

Reaction score
Stephen is cheap. Always has been remember Stephen is the one who slammed jerry his own dad against the wall and told him not sign Deion cuz it would break the franchise for years to come

USArmyVet

Reaction score
More BS excuses for Dak when you fail to mention the high-priced contracts for 2022 & 2023 that Dallas has committed too impacts their ability to spend on quality free agents.....primarily because those inflated contracts fail to perform after getting the contracts.

Rodney308

Reaction score
More BS excuses for Dak when you fail to mention the high-priced contracts for 2022 & 2023 that Dallas has committed too impacts their ability to spend on quality free agents.....primarily because those inflated contracts fail to perform after getting the contracts.
Maybe you didn't read the post or the comments; but not one time, in this post, did anyone make any excuses for Dak.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score

Maybe the coaches know something we do t. Maybe they run what they think the q b can handle.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
come on vet, let them dream that it was everybody else's fault and next year super dak will drag the sorry team to the super bowl. You negative truthers are killing the dream.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i don't think it'll change.
hope i'm wrong...instead of shopping at bargin thrift....just move up to dillards.
instead of used-good.
how bout used-like new instead.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Which is that Dak may not be the answer and there will be a time to come soon in which the Cowboys move on from him. Jerry and Stephen Jones cheapest in free agency is a roadblock in the way of the Cowboys advancing pass the divisional round.

I asked this in another thread, which is do fans believe that the Cowboys roster in it's current state and with how the Joneses currently approach free agency, is enough for a rookie QB to come in and be realistically expected to compete with the Eagles and 49ers. Or to "dethrone" Mahomes at least one time to win a Super Bowl. If the answer is "No" , then I don't see how anyone can believe the Cowboys currently to have enough weapons to advance pass the divisional round. even if Dak replaced by a newly drafted QB eventually.

CelticPunk

Reaction score
It’s a matter of them deciding how to utilize their cap space, not a matter of being cheap. I’m not defending their cap management, just saying the FO being cheap is not really a thing.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Start with the lines . Give yourself top 3 lines. Both lines are a piece away. Then add a scary wr. Then a great o c and line coach and we’re good. Dak is average but so is hurts.

raven55

Reaction score
when jerry kicks off it gonna get a little tighter on money jerry junior doesn't like spending money on players his big move is loose women on the bus and his daddy's bi boat that's his priority and so goes this team.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Do you realize that Dak’s cap impact for 2022 was only 19+ million? Jerry could have spent whatever he wanted, just like other GMs do.