News: The Dallas Cowboys will go as far as Tony Romo takes them

CCBoy

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys will go as far as Tony Romo takes them
The Dallas Cowboys will go as far as Tony Romo takes them

The Dallas Cowboys have been hit with a barrage of injuries, but thankfully Tony Romo is healthy. If he stays healthy, Dallas is in good position to win.

Fans of the Dallas Cowboys have rightfully voiced concern over the backup quarterback position this week. One thing they need to keep in mind though, the team is not going to accomplish their goals if star quarterback Tony Romo misses any significant time.

I would not want to have to walk in Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo’s shoes. The amount of pressure and unwarranted criticism he receives year in and year out is through the roof. The star quarterback receives the grunt of the criticism aimed at the Cowboys and more often than not does not receive the recognition he deserves for his greatness.

Cowboys fans have expressed concern this week over the backup quarterback to Romo after Kellen Moore suffered a broken leg in practice. It’s easy to relate to the concern after the disaster last year once Romo went down. The Cowboys were 3-1 with Romo under center, and a dismal 1-11 without him. One win. Eleven losses. Let that resonate for a little while.

Yes, the Cowboys have a talented roster outside of Romo and football is the ultimate team sport. You cannot rely on one person too heavily as there are so many moving factors in the game of football that it is unfair to hinge a single season on one player.

In Dallas, though, a championship run revolves around keeping Romo on the field. In my opinion, Romo is the most underrated player in team history and has all the ability in the world to lead this team to their next Super Bowl. This team likely can survive some injuries (and suspensions in their case) at most positions, but they will not survive if # 9 misses much time...

CCBoy

Reaction score
Insanity or Calamity
Insanity or Calamity | Cowboys Nation

...Training camp is the time to experiment with your roster and find out if the players that you drafted or signed as unrestricted free agents are worth the money. In the case of Showers and Prescott it is time to see if Will McClay and his personnel group has a heartbeat on NFL rosters and players as a whole. The Cowboys had the opportunity in the 2016 NFL draft to pick the Quarterback that they felt could lead this organization after Romo’s retirement and rather you like it or not they did when they picked Prescott with a fourth round pick. The easy choice would be to give up a draft pick for McCown or Mike Glennon from Tampa Bay but to do that would jeopardize an asset for a stop-gap player who the team would be renting. It amazed me that Stephen Jones would show his cards about keeping Moore on the roster even with the Injured Reserve status in his back pocket.

After the injury the team has rallied around the idea about giving the two young quarterbacks the opportunity to show their skillset but the reality is that if Scott Linehan and Jason Garrett are not open to modifying or refreshing their playbook to take advantage of the available quarterbacks skills then this season is lost in training camp. I’ve been a fan of the Air Coryell offensive scheme before it found it’s way to Dallas through Ernie Zampese but schemes should be adaptable to the talent on the roster. To put it blunt the Cowboys have had serviceable quarterbacks in their system but have possibly handcuffed them to the point of not being able to perform. Brandon Weeden was with the team for two years and when it was time prove his worth, his hands were tied behind his back. I could mention Matt Cassel but I was against that signing in the first place.

I’ve said it before and will continue to say that a Head Coach secure in his position always evaluates different than one who believes that he is a 7-9 record away from being unemployed. I believe that if Garrett had his way and security of his job that he would roll with players that he believed in and let the chips fall where they may. Everyone knows that Romo has injury concerns that will ride him into his retirement but you offset that with solid drafting and a belief in your system.

The question is will Jerry allow this coaching staff to gauge Prescott’s and Showers growing potential without giving up the teams future assets for short-term results.

ilykdrama

Reaction score
Sure. Kinda like Rogers....Brady......Manning......Luck.....Clickbait is hilarious.

Cam Newton was AMAZING......Till a bloodthirsty defense played him.

GREAT QB's are the heart and soul of a team. We get it.

GIFTS86

Reaction score
Tony Romo will go as far as his team and his coaches help him go.
If it's up to one player then we won't win. He isa big part of it but surely not the only factor. I'm more worried about the defense keeping points off the board.

SHAMSzy

Reaction score
If Romo is healthy you can book a NFC East championship