The defense the last 6 games...

khiladi

Reaction score
No, this defense has been playing like crap.Ratliff said it and so did Kevin Burnett...

khiladi

Reaction score
Hell, I haven't even looked, but I'm sure the TOP for the oppsing offense is pretty high....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I have to say that the Cowboys played championship defense last night. Meaning, that they were in Campbell's face all night long. This is what I like to call "consistant" pressure, not the occasional in your face deal.

It seems that after the first drive or 2, the Cowboys figure out what teams are doing and go into shut down mode. Now with Newman back on the field and Spencer playing more, Davis bring crushing hits from the secondary, Jenkins and Scandrick shutting their guy down, we may be seeing the start of what this defense is supposed to be.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I think that this is good and bad. Look at where we are giving up points and you will see that we are give our opposition a whole lot of short fields to work with. They have not had to drive as far to score in a lot of cases, which could hide the statistical reality of just how many yards we are giving up, to a certain extent. On the other hand, perhaps we don't allow as many scores if we don't give up so many yards. It's kind of a double edged swoard IMO. To me, if you want to measure how good your defense really is, you measure it based off of points allowed. We are giving up 22.9 Pts a game. That places us at 19th in the NFL. I think this will certainly get better and I was very, very impressed with the more aggresive coverage schemes we played last night but I think it's much too early to say we are a better defensive football team. We're middle of the road, right now, at best IMO.

But I am very encouraged.