The Defense

DanA

Reaction score
----------------------------------LDE: Lawrence---3T: Irving---1T: Collins----RDE: Taco----------------------
RCB: Awuzie-----SCB: Lewis---------------------------------------------------------------------------LCB: Jones
------------------------------------------MIKE: Smith----------------------WILL: Lee-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------SS: Fraizer-------------------------------------FS: Heath--------------------------

D-line cover: Crawford, Price, Tapper, Ash, Gregory?
LB cover: Thomas, Wilson
DB cover: Woods, Brown, Thomas, White

Overall I think the defense is shaping up to be the best unit we've had in years. The depth needs to be filled out and ideally, we get a couple of starters in weak areas but I am a lot more bullish about the defense.

D-line: To me it's easily the best D-line we've had in awhile. Lawrence has become a star, Irving could very well join him this time next year and the RDE is at least solid with Crawford and I think Taco is going to be pretty similar. Who knows what's happening with Gregory and Tapper but they've flashed talent when on the field.

LB: Lee is a stud, and while Jaylen struggled, he got better giving me optimism towards him next season. Thomas can play a bit in coverage, but we really do need to add a couple of guys, one that's capable of starting immediately, another that can contribute on ST. I'd love an early and mid-round LB added to the mix.

DB: I think the corner options are fantastic and if Byron becomes an outside corner then we've got a good mix of size and speed. The safety talent is less good, I like Fraizer as a box safety, I'm good with Heath as a high safety and Woods as a nickel safety individually but they're 6/10 options. I'd really like to add a playmaker in the safety position that plays more like a Lee or Lawrence. It could be a high safety like Earl Thomas, or a box safety like Derwin James, Terrell Edmunds or Ronnie Harrison. I don't like the high safety options in the draft.

To me with the right additions in the draft we're on our way to having the best defense we've had in years. We've got a couple of stars in Lawrence and Lee. Some really promising developing talent in Awuzie, Lewis, and J.Smith. And some really solid role players in Heath, Crawford, M.Collins and B.Jones. We should be a good defense next season if we draft well and the coaches do their job.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Josh Sweat DE Florida State
Height: 6-5. Weight: 251. Arm: 34.64.
40 Time: 4.53.
I think this would be a sweet 4th round pick HAHA I made a funny but think he will be a good addition if we take him
And in the 3rd round I want this guy
Montravius Adams, DT, Auburn
Height: 6-3. Weight: 308. Arm: 31.88.
40 Time: 4.87.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
RDE - Taco, Gregory
3DT - Irving, Crawford
1DT - Payne, Collins
LDE - Lawrence, Ealy

SLB - Smith
MLB - Bowman
WLB - Lee

LCB - Awuzie
RCB - Jones
SCB - Lewis
FS - Woods
SS - Heath

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
----------------------------------LDE: Lawrence---3T: Irving---1T: Collins----RDE: Taco----------------------
RCB: Awuzie-----SCB: Lewis---------------------------------------------------------------------------LCB: Jones
------------------------------------------MIKE: Smith----------------------WILL: Lee-----------------------------------
---------------------------------------SS: Fraizer-------------------------------------FS: Heath--------------------------

Overall I think the defense is shaping up to be the best unit we've had in years. The depth needs to be filled out and ideally, we get a couple of starters in weak areas but I am a lot more bullish about the defense.

D-line: To me it's easily the best D-line we've had in awhile. Lawrence has become a star, Irving could very well join him this time next year and the RDE is at least solid with Crawford and I think Taco is going to be pretty similar. Who knows what's happening with Gregory and Tapper but they've flashed talent when on the field.

LB: Lee is a stud, and while Jaylen struggled, he got better giving me optimism towards him next season. Thomas can play a bit in coverage, but we really do need to add a couple of guys, one that's capable of starting immediately, another that can contribute on ST. I'd love an early and mid-round LB added to the mix.

DB: I think the corner options are fantastic and if Byron becomes an outside corner then we've got a good mix of size and speed. The safety talent is less good, I like Fraizer as a box safety, I'm good with Heath as a high safety and Woods as a nickel safety individually but they're 6/10 options. I'd really like to add a playmaker in the safety position that plays more like a Lee or Lawrence. It could be a high safety like Earl Thomas, or a box safety like Derwin James, Terrell Edmunds or Ronnie Harrison. I don't like the high safety options in the draft.

To me with the right additions in the draft we're on our way to having the best defense we've had in years. We've got a couple of stars in Lawrence and Lee. Some really promising developing talent in Awuzie, Lewis, and J.Smith. And some really solid role players in Heath, Crawford, M.Collins and B.Jones. We should be a good defense next season if we draft well and the coaches do their job.

Terrible defense. Horrible.

cern

Reaction score
Ranked 8th in the NFL last season
but now hitch is gone. and eberflus. lb'ing corp scares the heck out of me at the moment. safeties marginal. rest probably good enough to get the job done. but the second level just isn't inspiring. we'll need to hit it big in the draft.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
but now hitch is gone. and eberflus. lb'ing corp scares the heck out of me at the moment. safeties marginal. rest probably good enough to get the job done. but the second level just isn't inspiring. we'll need to hit it big in the draft.
I wanted to keep Hitch I hope the team makes him regert leaving

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

We lost Hitchens and didn't replace him. Other than that, the defense should be better with more experience and guys playing their best positions. I still think we have holes but losing Hitchens wasn't the end of the world.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Ranked 8th in the NFL last season

Bring in Kyzir White for box safety and it would help indefinitely! He's a SS/LB hybrid.

cern

Reaction score
We lost Hitchens and didn't replace him. Other than that, the defense should be better with more experience and guys playing their best positions. I still think we have holes but losing Hitchens wasn't the end of the world.
we have a great lb in sean lee, but he tends to miss 4-6 games a year. Jaylon still has a long way to go. i'm not sure he'll ever fully recover from the drop foot/nerve regeneration problem. after that, pretty much nothing but warm bodies. the cb's should get better, barring injury. the safeties are still suspect imo.

CapnB

Reaction score
we have a great lb in sean lee, but he tends to miss 4-6 games a year. Jaylon still has a long way to go. i'm not sure he'll ever fully recover from the drop foot/nerve regeneration problem. after that, pretty much nothing but warm bodies. the cb's should get better, barring injury. the safeties are still suspect imo.

What Ive been seeing is hes getting closer. Hes doing things with his foot now he wasnt able to do last year and he still played okay at times with flashes of being good. I think people are counting him out. And they will be in for a surprise.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
What Ive been seeing is hes getting closer. Hes doing things with his foot now he wasnt able to do last year and he still played okay at times with flashes of being good. I think people are counting him out. And they will be in for a surprise.
When he hits beast mode this season there will be some crow being eaten

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
RDE - Taco, Gregory
3DT - Irving, Crawford
1DT - Payne, Collins
LDE - Lawrence, Ealy

SLB - Smith
MLB - Bowman
WLB - Lee

LCB - Awuzie
RCB - Jones
SCB - Lewis
FS - Woods
SS - Heath
Man alive!,,,#35 has instantly bounced YOU off his Christmas card list,,,,and if he absentmindedly fails to include you in his nightly prayers,,,who could blame him:rolleyes:

cern

Reaction score
What Ive been seeing is hes getting closer. Hes doing things with his foot now he wasnt able to do last
When he hits beast mode this season there will be some crow being eaten

year and he still played okay at times with flashes of being good. I think people are counting him out. And they will be in for a surprise.

hope you're both right. i'd love to be wrong on this one.