The Dolphins will listen to trade offers for Ricky Williams this off-season

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The Dolphins will listen to trade offers for Ricky Williams this off-season.
Of course they will. Nick Saban proved everyone wrong by bringing Williams back and now his value is sky high. If they can get a quality defender or draft pick for him, it's not a difficult move to make.

Jan. 3 - 12:03 pm et
Source: Miami Herald

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I don't know about "sky high" Edge and Alexander could even get a sniff as for a 2nd rounder last offseason.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
We have dealt with problem children before and we may deal with another one in the near future named T.O.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
The Dolphins will listen to trade offers for Ricky Williams this off-season.
Of course they will. Nick Saban proved everyone wrong by bringing Williams back and now his value is sky high. If they can get a quality defender or draft pick for him, it's not a difficult move to make.

Jan. 3 - 12:03 pm et
Source: Miami Herald

"sky high" ? are you talking about the pot smoking crackhead who has a major in holistic medicine Ricky Williams?

maybe a 3rd rounder AT BEST, or maybe even a servicable defensive guy

wouldn't come anywhere near selling the house on him, unless it is the dog house

Wheat

Philosopher
Reaction score
if you see a guy like Edge leave Indy after this year. Ricky would be worth the Colts end of the round draft pick.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Ellis for Ricky? Then we add TO :lmao2: Then we get the Jets first round Pick for letting Parcells go there to be GM. :bow: Then we trade that pick down, get a couple extra picks and take Jay Cutler from Vandy. :starspin and then we get Norv as our OC, and then we get Marriucci as our HC. :eek:

And then all will be well in Cowboy land.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot we also get D'brickashaw Ferguson in the draft as well. Hey, it's still Christmas! :rolleyes:

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I wanted Ricky in Dallas before he quit football and turned into a weed smoking bum. I was a little intrigued about him during the offseason, but now I am convinced that we already have a two-headed monster in Jones and MB3 and they will be a dominant combo once our O-line is fixed. I wouldn't mind bringing him in for a look, but Iwouldn't want to trade anything to get him.

wxcpo

Reaction score
maxsports said:
No way to Ricky Williams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me Ricky over what we currently have any day of the week. Now I wouldn't sell the farm to get him and his contract would be full of incentive clauses, but I'd take him over JJ or MBIII. Don't fool yourself and think that Ricky is any less talented now than he was when he ran for over 1300 yards 2 years ago or over 1800 yards 3 years ago. Also please don't say that either JJ or MBIII are the back that Ricky is either.

You may not want Ricky because he ran away from one team and there is fear he may do the same to another team willing to take a chance on him. Sure he may and that's exactly whty I wouldn't give up too much for the guy or be willing to give him some huge upfront signing bonus. I would love to see him in Dallas though because he would give us a legitimate threat at RB. JJ could be that threat, but the only consistency he has shown through his 2 seasons is he is injury prone and will miss significant time during the season.

The year Ricky took off may actually be good for his career in the long run. Like Barber less wear and tear now makes him a more productive back further down the line.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
I think Ricky Williams would actually be less of a risk than TO.

With that said, I see no reason that the Cowboys would have any interest in him.

The Jets, Cardinals, and others would seem more likely.

SkinsFan06

Reaction score
If i were u guys i would stay with Julius Jones...if he can stay healthy then watch out

thewivil

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I don't know about "sky high" Edge and Alexander could even get a sniff as for a 2nd rounder last offseason.

How much ya wanna bet Seattle could get one this year?

jumanji

Reaction score
i would think oakland, jets, arizona, and indy are possibilities...doubt we are

Zman5

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
what's that Nate Newton so he can easily get weed.

Dont' forget Stepnowski can help too. :laugh1: