The draft is irrelevant

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Although Garrett sucked :laugh:, it’s not the head coaches post SB era…..aim higher.

JBS

Reaction score
Cowboys from top down

Front office - sub par
QB - average ish but not good enough
HC - average

You can’t win at the level the fans want to win at when you stack up this way. And we’ve stacked up this way more or less for the last 30 years

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
oh-ok-meme-www-imgkid-com-the-image-kid-has-it-myid-OIP.RltdUQs8cxuS6DiE4RKPHQAAAA.jpg
i fell out of my wheelchair laughing so hard seeing this picture

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cowboys from top down

Front office - sub par
QB - average ish but not good enough
HC - average

You can’t win at the level the fans want to win at when you stack up this way. And we’ve stacked up this way more or less for the last 30 years
Tony Romo had years he could have won SB...but he had real sub-par defenses most of the time except 2007....we lost to the SB champs that year 21-17

as top seed divisional round....i forget name of receiver that dropped what would have been a TD pass had he caught it and raced???...easy catch...but of course

we dont have the toughness when lights are bright....or whatever is missing???....this year we choose to not get a good RB....you need good RB to spell the QB

but we did address OL....and i love our 3rd rd pick who will be all pro center for 10 years....you dont need long arms at center....and this guy is a total beast...you

dont move this guy he moves you

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Dak could / should have done it in 21. The pieces were together. But lack of leadership from HC and FO in order to install the right tough culture for wasnt there. But, a great QB still should have gotten more out of it. Now 22 was just more of the same and opponents had us figured out by then. Imo the window was there in 21and 22 and the key positions blew it.

And that's why I think it's time for a complete overhaul. Not because Dak is a bad QB per se or Mike sucks at coaching. But they had their chance, now it's time to go with someone else.

JBS

Reaction score
Tony Romo had years he could have won SB...but he had real sub-par defenses most of the time except 2007....we lost to the SB champs that year 21-17

as top seed divisional round....i forget name of receiver that dropped what would have been a TD pass had he caught it and raced???...easy catch...but of course

we dont have the toughness when lights are bright....or whatever is missing???....this year we choose to not get a good RB....you need good RB to spell the QB

but we did address OL....and i love our 3rd rd pick who will be all pro center for 10 years....you dont need long arms at center....and this guy is a total beast...you

dont move this guy he moves you
Romo probably was good enough. Take a look at who his HCs were (bar BP, who he barely played for). That was the problem. Combined with the two idiots running the team. You can’t elite prizes with mediocre people.

Patrick Crayton is the name you are looking for

kskboys

Reaction score
It's not important who the Cowboys got or didn't get in the draft. Just like the Garrett years, no player could make a difference as long as the most important position on the sidelines was empty. No matter how much talent the Cowboys had- and they were stacked- the lack of leadership at the head coaching position kept the Cowboys from achieving success.
So, too, are these Cowboys lacking a key component that a stacked lineup cannot overcome. As long as Dak Prescott is the quarterback, the Cowboys season will end every time a team punches the Cowboys in the mouth and gets physical with them. Unless the Cowboys are beating up on their opponent and the whole team is making plays, the hole at the second most important leadership position is too much to overcome.
The Cowboys are still under the influence of the Garrett philosophy. Garrett was a big talker, but lost when it came to actually coaching. He didn't know how to lead, and before he left he instilled a starting quarterback crafted in his inept leadership style. Dak might have had a chance if he'd had a real head coach to begin with, but he learned quickly how to work the media and fans.
So if you're upset over free agency and/or the draft, it's irrelevant.
Until the Cowboys put a real leader at head coach at the same time they have a leader at quarterback , it doesn't matter who is on the roster.
Hey, I have an idea, why don't you feed your agenda and start YET ANOTHER DAK THREAD. Oh, and while you're at it, just say the exact same thing.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dak could / should have done it in 21. The pieces were together. But lack of leadership from HC and FO in order to install the right tough culture for wasnt there. But, a great QB still should have gotten more out of it. Now 22 was just more of the same and opponents had us figured out by then. Imo the window was there in 21and 22 and the key positions blew it.

And that's why I think it's time for a complete overhaul. Not because Dak is a bad QB per se or Mike sucks at coaching. But they had their chance, now it's time to go with someone else.
Culture? So we need more bacteria to be able to stop the run? Yeah, that's it.

leeblair

Reaction score
Hey, I have an idea, why don't you feed your agenda and start YET ANOTHER DAK THREAD. Oh, and while you're at it, just say the exact same thing.
Hey, I have an idea:
Why don't you read the post and understand that it's addressing the main issue the Cowboys have?
Every draft since 2007 has been WASTED!

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It's not important who the Cowboys got or didn't get in the draft. Just like the Garrett years, no player could make a difference as long as the most important position on the sidelines was empty. No matter how much talent the Cowboys had- and they were stacked- the lack of leadership at the head coaching position kept the Cowboys from achieving success.
So, too, are these Cowboys lacking a key component that a stacked lineup cannot overcome. As long as Dak Prescott is the quarterback, the Cowboys season will end every time a team punches the Cowboys in the mouth and gets physical with them. Unless the Cowboys are beating up on their opponent and the whole team is making plays, the hole at the second most important leadership position is too much to overcome.
The Cowboys are still under the influence of the Garrett philosophy. Garrett was a big talker, but lost when it came to actually coaching. He didn't know how to lead, and before he left he instilled a starting quarterback crafted in his inept leadership style. Dak might have had a chance if he'd had a real head coach to begin with, but he learned quickly how to work the media and fans.
Until the Cowboys put a real leader at head coach at the same time they have a leader at quarterback , it doesn't matter who is on the roster.

LOL, the Horsemen are a relentless team.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, because having no talented players is exactly the same as having highly talented players.

What a ridiculous notion.

We all kniow there are areas that need to improve, but having areas that need to improve beats the heck out of needing every area and every position to improve.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I wish paragraphs were relevant. Didn't read it but drunk was my first thought.
I’ve only read a few of his short posts and they made my eyes roll. I stopped reading them. I just click his threads to see the reaction of others.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I just came in here to tell everyone this thread sucks. I could have just ignored it but who would know how I feel? shrugs* thumps his chest licks his fingers and points to the skies*.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Actually the most important position on the team is GM.

We have a huge hole there.

Until that's corrected, this team is not going to win anything of note.

leeblair

Reaction score
Actually the most important position on the team is GM.

We have a huge hole there.

Until that's corrected, this team is not going to win anything of note.
This is part of the problem, but I still maintain that Jason Garrett could/should have been fired for incompetence and Dak should, as well.
Even with an idiot in the front office, those guys should make a difference on the field.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm upset at you creating nonsensical, whiney threads over and over.

kskboys

Reaction score
Hey, I have an idea:
Why don't you read the post and understand that it's addressing the main issue the Cowboys have?
Every draft since 2007 has been WASTED!
That would be Jerry Jones. I have many times. However, I don't start threads about my same ol' little agenda, because that would make me look stupid.

Reaction score
This entire offseason has been irrelevant

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL draft remains the most important part of good roster building. It’s not everything. You have to mix in some FAs and trades. But the draft is at least 70% of any team’s success.

The draft is critical. It’s the only thing that has kept Dallas competitive in the regular season.

And…the first leader this team needs is a GM that isn‘t 81 and knows how to win in the cap era.