The draft simulator

rambo2

Reaction score
The draft simulator I use has Jackson Powers-Johnson available at 24 many times and it has Byron Murphy available every single time. Is this likely or is the simulator just off?

Chasing6

Reaction score
Anything is possible. Centers are typically not a priority in round 1. However, I think JPJ is too good for some teams to pass up.

cnuball21

Reaction score
If Byron Murphy is there at 24 I have a hard time believing there is a better player available. He’d be a home run pick.

morasp

Reaction score
I was watching Dane on the the fan and he made a good point that there is no consensus, every team looks at the draft a little differently.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Byron Murphy is there at 24 I have a hard time believing there is a better player available. He’d be a home run pick.
It's funny to me that simulator has him available almost every single time.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
I agree. And I’m a big JPJ fan. For me, there are 3 defensive players that I would consider at 24 Murphy, Newton, and Verse.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I agree. And I’m a big JPJ fan. For me, there are 3 defensive players that I would consider at 24 Murphy, Newton, and Verse.
Man my list is much bigger.

Latu, Wiggins, Robinson, Turner and Arnold should be included IMO.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Man my list is much bigger.

Latu, Wiggins, Robinson, Turner and Arnold should be included IMO.
Latu on talent yes. But I can’t roll the dice on a player with his injury history. Wiggins I really like but the size worries me. Robinson has elite get off, but not a developed pass rusher. Some serious bust potential there as well. I fail to believe that Turner or Arnold get to 24 that’s why I won’t consider them as a possibility.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Latu on talent yes. But I can’t roll the dice on a player with his injury history. Wiggins I really like but the size worries me. Robinson has elite get off, but not a developed pass rusher. Some serious bust potential there as well. I fail to believe that Turner or Arnold get to 24 that’s why I won’t consider them as a possibility.
I am getting really tired of hearing about potential and high ceilings.

We need players that are actually going to play and impact the results of the game.

J-man

Reaction score
I use PFN most of the time and JPJ is there about 60% of the time. Murphy is there about 90% of the time. In fact, I just ran 2 mocks after I read this post and Murphy was my pick at 24 in one and JPJ the pick at 24 in the other.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Latu played in 25 games the last 2 years. I’ll trust the doctors and if they say he’s ok should be in play.

Wiggins was 180+ at pro day. Frame to easily pack on another 10/15 without losing athleticism so no concerns there.

Chop has arguably the loudest burst / bend trait of anyone in the class. Yes he needs some polish, but his pass rush grade and win percentage have been very solid. I’d rather take him than reach on a 2nd round OLmen.

Probably right on Turner / Arnold - but I said that about Lamb and he fell to us.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
JPJ being available at 24 seemed pretty realistic until Kelce retired. Now I believe the chances are high the Eagles make him the first OC off the board at 22.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I don't see Murphy falling. He's a super clean evaluation and his game fits any defense, so he should be ranked high on just about everyone's boards.

Chasing6

Reaction score
JPJ being available at 24 seemed pretty realistic until Kelce retired. Now I believe the chances are high the Eagles make him the first OC off the board at 22.
I think Barton is the next best interior lineman.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There are some who don't have JPJ as top C on board.
Frazier and Barton aren't far off it seems

Chasing6

Reaction score
There are some who don't have JPJ as top C on board.
Frazier and Barton aren't far off it seems
I guess it will come down to system fit. I know we like flexibility in our OLine, which I believe favors Barton and JPJ.

I just want someone who is nasty. Not gonna take **** from anyone.

Aven8

Reaction score
I am getting really tired of hearing about potential and high ceilings.

We need players that are actually going to play and impact the results of the game.
That’s exactly what Demarcus Ware was. That turned out ok.

To the OP pick 24 is not that late. With all the QB’s it’s not out of the realm that he’s there. But it would be tough with Philly picking before us and Howie loves Olineman and DLineman