The Drought

Sully

Reaction score
Being a Dallas fan since '77 ( Dorsett's rookie season ), veteran fans of the once dominant Dallas Cowboys are not dealing with the past 25 years this franchise has produced. Long are the days when this franchise was always in the playoffs, win the NFC East on a frequent bases with as many visits to NFC Championship games and popping in often for a SB appearance.

The beginning of the Jerry Jones regime started off with a fiery and Dallas fans were enjoying that the growth the Cowboys were serving since the 1-15 1989 season. 3 Superbowl wins were enjoyable then the bottom fell out.
Since the 1995 Superbowl, the Cowboys have looked more like the Detroit Lions than a dominant Cowboys of the Landry / Johnson years.

The Cowboys record since their Superbowl win of '95 is : 204 - 188 with 10 playoff appearances and zero NFC Championship games. Z-E-R-O

Cowboys AT&T Stadium has proven to be a visitors paradise. Cowboys open the stadium losing to the NY Giants and it has never proven to be a home field advantage.
Dallas Cowboys all-time record -- in their own stadium --- is 37-35 and 20-20 the past 5 season.

Last edited by a moderator:

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys dominance starts in 2021.

You must have the latest Madden game. At least in the game you can fire your lousy GM and would never let an inept HC like Garrett last more than 2 or 3 seasons.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
raw

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Been a fan since 71' and I am starting to wonder why I stick with Jerry and his losing ways. Why travel 1800 miles to watch the Cowboys %^$# the bed? I live in the NY metro area and could easily join my family and friends as Giants fans. It would be a lot cheaper, too. The Cowboys right now have nothing going for 2021. Have never felt this level of contempt for the Cowboys. Jerry has destroyed this franchise and the greatness it represented for so many years/decades.

ICP

Reaction score
The Boys have 10 draft picks coming up and perhaps drafting in the 4-8 range.

Offensive line will come back strong after this year’s injuries.

Rookies are getting valuable reps on the field.

Front office learned their lesson in signing over the hill FA.
It all sounds good on paper and then you have to remember that Dumb and Dumber will be controlling things during the Dallas draft

ICP

Reaction score
I dont we will ever appear in another nfc championship game unless the Jones boys sell the team.
I always hold out hope that when Jerry is gone Stephen will be disinterested enough to actually turn the team over to competent individuals.

The reality is that he will probably be a penny pinching spoiled loser like Hal Steinbrenner

ArtClink

Reaction score
I always hold out hope that when Jerry is gone Stephen will be disinterested enough to actually turn the team over to competent individuals.

The reality is that he will probably be a penny pinching spoiled loser like Hal Steinbrenner

We have seen enough of Steven to know he carries the family torch of hubris and seems to know little about how to build a winner. No one should confuse being intimately familiar with the NFL's salary cap rules with being a qualified NFL GM and Steven is in over his head. Likely Steven will flounder as GM in 2036 after Jerry passes.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score

So after 25 years the front office has finally learned their lesson? Really?

Wow - that's good to know. I'll write that down.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
So after 25 years the front office has finally learned their lesson? Really?

Wow - that's good to know. I'll write that down.
So you think the front office will be around another 25 years?

So you don’t think last year’s draft was any good?

You don’t think the OL will be any good next year?

You think the FO will chase over the hill FA’s next year?

Redsfan_83

Reaction score

Love the confidence but troubled by some points...OL comes back healthy? There is zero guarantee this will happen, and even less of a guarantee that Smith and Martin remain healthy going forward. Just how it is with the mileage on their bodies. Second, yes rookies are getting valuable time on the field. Front office learning a lesson? This will never, ever, ever, happen with Jerry in charge. They have so many issues with depth, and refuse to sign key FA in the off season that they will again take chances on vets, or banged up guys to fill holes...some things never change, and there is totally no indication this will happen unfortunately