The Eagles are once again proposing an onside kick alternative

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kellen proposed his 20 yard tush push play to the crying coach. They think they found an edge.

Twin928

Reaction score
Yea surrreeeeee Philly longs we can ban the rush push u got it

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
best= kick from the 20 and have receiving team line up 20 yards back

next = must score a TD on successive 4th and 25s from midfiled.. 2 plays.

csirl

Reaction score
Simple solution - move the returning team back 10 yds so they're not sitting waiting for the ball.

ghst187

Reaction score
Eagles propose giving Eagles 21 points to start each game.
Gotta admit I’m jealous that their FO is constantly pushing the limits

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
This is absolutely the DUMBEST rule EVER proposed. For the 100th time, when you have just been on offense, you DO NOT GET TO TAKE OVER ON OFFENSE AGAIN.....when its under 2:00, what is the risk if you DO NOT CONVERT??? The other team takes over deep in your territory....BIG DEAL....you were probably gonna lose anyway!!! Why wouldn't you try and convert??? It also would take the strategy of correctly budgeting your time outs out of the equation....this is just a terrible idea. Does MLB try and shoehorn a rule into play in which a team in gets a shot at 4 outs? NO!!! Why not? Because it is asinine!!!! The NFL has really left me since The Goon took over as commissioner....just crazy.
I guess the thinking is a fourth and twenty play from scrimmage is more exciting to watch than an on side kick attempt.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
whats wrong with onside kicks anyway?? I dont recall guys getting hurt more than other plays.
To me the kickoff seem more injury prone.
The onside kick should go back to what it was.