The Eagles never had a really impressive win all season

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
That win over SF looked impressive to me. They knocked their QB out and coasted. We couldn't do that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Easiest path to the SB I've ever seen. But hey, no one is going to remember that if they win.

Dakota

Reaction score
Wish we could have had an easy team to beat like the 9ers....ummm...never mind.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Easiest path to the SB I've ever seen. But hey, no one is going to remember that if they win.
They aren't going to win just watch. Mahomes vs Hurts is not even close and that's the most important position in all of sports. They aren't going to run the ball to a Super Bowl win that never happens. They're going to get exposed.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Well then, that's makes it even more impressive that they are going to the SB as favorites over the Chiefs and Mahomes.
Stupid for them to ever be favorites, I'm not even sure how that happened. I've never been a gambler but if I did I would put big money on the Chiefs. Their best win all season away from home was the Giants, the rest was beating teams like Bears Colts and Texans. They had zero other impressive wins on the road. I know this isn't a game at KC or anything but it doesn't matter, KC is the better team.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Seems to be the Eagles will have to throw their way to a Super Bowl. People may be surprised to know Chiefs were 8th in rush defense yards per game this season. Eagles are a great running team but not a great passing team.

In Eagles defense they were #1 in pass defense yards per game, but they haven't faced anyone on Mahomes level all season.

Flamma

Reaction score
They aren't going to win just watch. Mahomes vs Hurts is not even close and that's the most important position in all of sports. They aren't going to run the ball to a Super Bowl win that never happens. They're going to get exposed.
I don't expect them to beat the chiefs. They played no one all year. The Packers with an injured Rodgers, and Dak are probably the best two QBs they played and Dallas put up 40 on them. Then played no one in the playoffs.

Tussinman

Reaction score
If they do pull it off then they'd have wins this season over the AFC #1 and #4 and the NFC #2, #3, #5, and #6

Regardless of their overall schedule being easy that would still be very solid and like you said nobody will remember.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Hope it doesn’t impact their AP ranking.

The Eagles are one of three teams in NFL history to go 9-1 against teams with a winning record.
They are the only team in NFL history to score over 30 and allow under 10 in consecutive playoff games.

And for the record the NFC is the better conference. The AFC has better QB’s, the NFC has better teams.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Hope it doesn’t impact their AP ranking.

The Eagles are one of three teams in NFL history to go 9-1 against teams with a winning record.
They are the only team in NFL history to score over 30 and allow under 10 in consecutive playoff games.

And for the record the NFC is the better conference. The AFC has better QB’s, the NFC has better teams.
Says the guy with the Eagles logo for a pic.

You beat fraud teams like the Giants 3 times, Cowboys with Rush, 49ers with no QB, 9-8 Jags, 9-8 Steelers. No one impressive except Vikings at home, no impressive road wins.

Wake me up when you beat Mahomes. You won't.

Flamma

Reaction score
Well sure. There probably weren't two easier opponents in NFL history. A crap Giants team, and a team without a QB. Without a quarterback the 49ers wouldn't have gotten past Seattle.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
There are reasons the #1 seed is important, one less game to get to the Super Bowl, the benefit of playing the lowest remaining seed in the playoffs, and home field throughout the playoffs.

The Eagles earned the above by being the best team in the conference over 17 games.

Complain all you want about the “easy”path to the Super Bowl, but it was earned over 19 weeks not just the past two.